Model Cars Magazine Forum

Broncos. First and current generations

1 minute ago, Doug 1061 said:

Way cool.  Great job on both.   I don't know if Ford offers  the new Bronco in grabber blue but they should.   

I've seen a sky blue one with white trim at the Ford lot locally.  Not sure on the grabber blue though.  

On 8/27/2023 at 4:46 PM, carrucha said:

Nice to see these kits side by side.

On 8/27/2023 at 2:04 PM, espo said:

Both of these are great looking builds. The colors and the finish fit both and the interior detailing on both look great. 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:15 AM, Zen said:

Very nice, was wondering how the two would look like side by side. 

On 8/26/2023 at 7:38 AM, Goose1957 said:

Very cool pair of Broncos. Thanks for posting.

Jeff

Thanks for the compliments.  Clicking the Thanks thing doesn't work for me now.  

Well done. Been looking on the net for interior pictures and there doesn’t appear to be many options unless black and it’s many variants are on the list. I like what you did with your seat colors. Just picked this kit up yesterday and going to go off script by using tan shades inside and some type of orange outside. I would imagine in a few weeks more completed builds will show up. Congrats on being the first.

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 9:11 PM, Doug 1061 said:

Way cool.  Great job on both.   I don't know if Ford offers  the new Bronco in grabber blue but they should.   

No Grabber Blue on the new Broncos. Area 51 is a darker non-metallic grey-ish blue. Then there's Robin's Egg Blue on the Heritage model which is kind of a pastel blue. Velocity Blue was a bright metallic, but is now discontinued.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

No Grabber Blue on the new Broncos. Area 51 is a darker non-metallic grey-ish blue. Then there's Robin's Egg Blue on the Heritage model which is kind of a pastel blue. Velocity Blue was a bright metallic, but is now discontinued.

There is a pastel blue one with white grille and wheels locally that sorta gave me the idea.  It's very retro and was on the dealer lot so I assume it was a factory choice.  That might be the robin egg blue?  

On 9/10/2023 at 3:33 PM, Oldriginal86 said:

Well done. Been looking on the net for interior pictures and there doesn’t appear to be many options unless black and it’s many variants are on the list. I like what you did with your seat colors. Just picked this kit up yesterday and going to go off script by using tan shades inside and some type of orange outside. I would imagine in a few weeks more completed builds will show up. Congrats on being the first.

I think there were only 2 interior options for 2021, the black and the Navy Pier, which is what I tried to replicate.  I'm not a fan of black interiors.  With that said, it is a model and you can do whatever makes you happy.  That's what makes them fun.  

On 9/12/2023 at 7:27 AM, randyc said:

I think there were only 2 interior options for 2021, the black and the Navy Pier, which is what I tried to replicate.  I'm not a fan of black interiors.  With that said, it is a model and you can do whatever makes you happy.  That's what makes them fun.  

I think you did a really good job matching the interior colour scheme.

• Thanks 1