Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Corvette 427 Coupe by Revell

DanL

Generally not a bad kit. Fairly simple and the body shape seems to be pretty accurate. Unfortunately as usual with these kits the trouble comes when chassis tries to fit with the body. That's when all your hard work falls apart as pieces drop off, windows come loose and marks appear in the paint work. This one took a couple of days of hacking, gouging, sanding and filing to get close to fitting together and then you have to go back to repairing the damage. I find that it puts a damper on the enjoyment of the build... it's too bad. This one is painted with Krylon Grape because that's what I had laying around. Paint actually was pretty good until it wasn't. I also dropped it 2mm all around and used lower profile tires. It still sits a bit too high but it helped

Cheers

DanL

aas-l1600.jpg

aDSC00365.jpg

bDSC00366.jpg

cDSC00367.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

eDSC00370.jpg

fDSC00373.jpg

gDSC00377.jpg

hDSC00379.jpg

iDSC00361.jpg

jDSC00362.jpg

kDSC00404.jpg

lDSC00407.jpg

mDSC00382.jpg

nDSC00383.jpg

oDSC00392.jpg

pDSC00393.jpg

qDSC00395.jpg

rDSC00398.jpg

s.jpg

• Like 9

Wow Dan, that looks amazing! The paint is flawless. 

I'm currently building the 67 convertible, and I'm getting pretty frustrated with the issues you mentioned. I've already put a glue mark on the hood (Grrrr). The main trouble areas are the inner fenders/ interior cowl area.

14 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nice looking Vette.  Really well done.

13 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Super clean build. Great looking color on that particular car. 

Revell kits can be a snug fit when body meets chassis. 

13 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

great take on the 67 vette. Nice paint job and that color really works well on it. Despite the issues it turned out really good. Thanks for the heads up on the body/chassis fit.

13 hours ago, Kah puts said:

The grape looks good on this body style, the build is top notch 👍

13 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

Looks great in spite of the problems you had to deal with. 

6 hours ago, Whosurdaddy209 said:

Great looking car, I like the color. The inner fenders are a pain on this one, I glued them to the frame with plastiweld before I painted it.the 68/69 inner fenders glue to the body so it’s a lot easier.

4 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

3 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Wow Dan, that looks amazing! The paint is flawless. 

I'm currently building the 67 convertible, and I'm getting pretty frustrated with the issues you mentioned. I've already put a glue mark on the hood (Grrrr). The main trouble areas are the inner fenders/ interior cowl area.

3 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

That looks great. I'll have to add one of these kits to my collection. Well done Dan.

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

2 hours ago, Slotto said:

Great finish

2 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

It certainly does look good Dan!👍 I understand the frustration resulting from parts that don’t fit properly or have no precise mounting points.🤨 It looks like you conquered the issues.

Thx for the positive comments guys... I actually trimmed the outer edges of the inner fenders and I had them glued on  with old testors plastic cement.

Cheers

Beautiful job, especially like that interior.

I’m surprised you encountered fit problems with a recent issue Revell kit, they are usually pretty good. Your build experience is a good reminder to me and others here to “test fit and debug before paint” wherever possible. 

Great looking paint color and finish. The body chrome trim looks cleanly done. I agree with you on the assembly issues on this kit. The shape of the body is such that the chassis and interior have to be installed prior to the front and rear body facias. 

On 10/19/2023 at 7:35 AM, crazyjim said:

Looking good.

On 10/19/2023 at 7:47 AM, papajohn97 said:

Beautiful job, especially like that interior.

I’m surprised you encountered fit problems with a recent issue Revell kit, they are usually pretty good. Your build experience is a good reminder to me and others here to “test fit and debug before paint” wherever possible. 

On 10/19/2023 at 7:59 AM, drodg said:

Good job, actually very good job.  I am learning to do body test fits before I go through the heart ache of a paint job etc getting messed up from putting the body and chassis together. 

On 10/19/2023 at 11:20 AM, Supernurd said:

That's a beautiful Corvette!  👍

On 10/19/2023 at 12:49 PM, espo said:

Great looking paint color and finish. The body chrome trim looks cleanly done. I agree with you on the assembly issues on this kit. The shape of the body is such that the chassis and interior have to be installed prior to the front and rear body facias. 

On 10/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, karbuildr said:

I really like your build. Very good color and your interior is exceptional. It looks good in white with the Grape body color. I find most builds go smoothly until final assembly. Then the issues similar to what you described show up.

On 10/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, deuces wild said:

😎👍

On 10/19/2023 at 5:51 PM, TransAmMike said:

Good looking '67 Dan, nice job!!

On 10/19/2023 at 6:25 PM, michelle said:

Nice work 

Thank you for the nice comments... it turned out better than expected

Cheers

DanL