Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968/69 Porsche 908 Longtail

A recent aquisition and completion. Fisher Model and Pattern 1968/69 Porsche 908 longtail.  Paint is Tamiya TS26 white and Testor Flourescent green for the accent. Modifications include steering wheels, seatbelts, dash switches and a few others. This particular car was driven to 1rst place at the SPA 1000 by Jo Siffert and Brian Redman. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

DSC08264.JPG.aeaf900cf61b44009c63a743bc1f6219.JPG

A fairly simple kit, as most resin are.  Windscreen wipers are very delicate and took some patience.

DSC08267.JPG.ef51dd3d477e394376977a4fd3edf90e.JPG

Minimal decals but all went on perfect. Those latches didn't want to come off the carrier sheet easily...also quite delicate.

DSC08268.JPG.3dce80632f3a025e68e816c5b5dc5c14.JPG

Window fit took some time but was worth during final assembly. All fit well.  Wheels are painted Tamiya Dark Iron. 

DSC08269.JPG.df85dc387c4bd38f2a3c772ca737ee61.JPG

Don't usually take this picture but there were some detail worth seeing. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Jim B said:

Great looking Porsche.  Well done.

Thanks Jim

16 hours ago, Roger U said:

I agree, it’s a really nice looking build.

Thank you too.

10 hours ago, afx said:

Very nice.

Thanks JC

7 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Stunningly beautiful Rich. Fit and finish are impeccable and the low and aggressive stance convey speed in a most impressive way. The wipers alone are a work of art. 

Man this build is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you so much Pierre.  I feel like a brain surgeon after using two pair of tweezers, a tin drop of sticky glue and goggles to do those wipers.

2 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

This is how a 908 longtail should look like ! Very nice model, Rich - simply perfect: the graceful body lines, the stance, the color and your trademark steerable front wheels.

That windshield wiper would drive me nuts...

Thank you very much Helmut for the nice words.   Nobody has ever called me sane...!!!

On 11/7/2023 at 6:12 PM, bbowser said:

That is nice!  Great stance, and your making the wheels steer just adds to the mix.  Well done.

Thank you Bruce...that's my favorite modification

12 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Superbly built. I concur with all the other well deserved accolades. 

Thank you Phil

12 hours ago, Dave B said:

Great build Rich,  you were lucky to get a "recent acquisition" Fisher kit!!

Dave B

Thanks Dave...those kits are still out there.  I really think, after talking to a lot of modelers, that a lot of people buy them because they like the subject matter. But don't realize the kind of work it takes to build them.  They don't build like plastic kits, which is what most of us are use to.  Then they dig into the box and realize they have bit off more than they can chew and it never gets built. Eventually when it comes time to thin out the stash they are the first to go. This kit in particular was purchased from someone who said he was never going to build because he was intimidated by it.  Not so for you and I.  So keep an eye out for these kits. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:23 AM, ChrisR said:

VERY NICE!

Thank you Chris for the big compliment

On 11/21/2023 at 7:31 AM, Paul Waymouth said:

Yep agreed, this one looks the business. Nice interior details and a great looking model

Thank you Paul

On 11/21/2023 at 7:31 AM, Paul Waymouth said:

2 hours ago, absmiami said:

4D50D839-6336-47AA-B913-612BC27949A2.jpeg

On 11/17/2023 at 8:22 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Yup, very pretty baby. Exceptionally clean work, looks real in most shots.  :D

Bill, as always, thank you for the kind words

• 3 weeks later...