Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Mustang Convertible

Duddly01

Scale model build of my 1966 Mustang Convertible. Tahoe Turquoise from MCW paints, Splash Paints 2k clear, wet sanded and polished. Airbrushed chrome using Molotow. Parchment interior with actual car  interior lacquer. Resin cast wire wheels, 6 cylinder engine. Styrene rod and sheets for many parts. Heavily modified chassis and scratch built engine compartment. Coin battery for battery under spare tire cover in trunk. LEDs for headlights, taillights and gauge lights.

2023-08-27 13.39.30.jpeg

2023-09-03 14.58.25.jpeg

2023-09-06 20.04.53.jpeg

2023-09-30 18.05.58.jpeg

2023-10-21 17.56.15.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

IMG_2825.jpeg

IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

IMG_2873.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2780.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

Edited by Duddly01
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Lobo2me said:

Excellent! That is the car I first learned to drive. I duplicated my first love (attached) as best I could at the time, given my rusty modeling skills, but I'd like to give it a refresh. Where did you source the straight six...?

I got the original resin engine I started with from eBay some time ago, and made a new mold. I removed almost all molded in detail from it and scratch built the fuel pump, oil filter, coil, distributor, power steering bracket and pump, belts, etc. I do see Mcwfinishes.com has one but no picture of it.

Edited by Duddly01

13 minutes ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking convertible and the colors look great. Like how you detailed the chassis and engine. 

Thanks, it’s as accurate as I could make it to my real car. Original undercarriage. Lots of cleaning with mineral spirits and shop rags. Now that was a lot of work.

IMG_0586.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duddly01 said:

I got the original resin engine I started with from eBay some time ago, and made a new mold. I removed almost all molded in detail from it and scratch built the fuel pump, oil filter, coil, distributor, power steering bracket and pump, belts, etc. I do see Mcwfinishes.com has one but no picture of it.

Thanks Don