Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell JAGUAR XK-120

happy grumpy

The reason I bought this kit was the box art, it looks so cool and the subject was interesting so I went for it. It's not that old but not a super great kit. It has a few issues, the hood would not fit perfectly but in all, I am somewhat satisfied with it. The paint is custom mix acrylics coated with Mr. hobby super clear . 

Thanks for looking.

JAGUAR XK-120.jpg

jaguar 003.jpg

jaguar 004.jpg

jaguar 005.jpg

jaguar 001.jpg

jaguar 002.jpg

• Like 17

Beautiful looking paint finish and color. Clean looking trim and interior. Remember when these first hit the road and I was a middle schooler. While a born car crazy kid I never really noticed sports cars. The XK 120 changed all that for me. To this day I still think their body lines just will never go out of style. 

• Thanks 1

Beautiful build of a gorgeous car. I love the classic ivory white paint and the details like panel line accent provide a lot of realism. Not a clear shot of the interior but it appears the instrument panel has received a lot of attention.

Beautiful photography further highlighting your excellent dioramas. Your builds are always a joy to see.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations on this wonderful model! Great! A real eye-catcher!
I've already posted my XK-120 here in the forum, I'm sure it can still be seen somewhere in the depths of this forum?
I made it in the exact same colors. That makes it very classy. I also gave the Jaguar a leather top.
Really great work and an excellent presentation! Keep on modeling!!!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, radiohd10 said:

nice job! i need to find one of these kits asap 

There's an ancient Monogram diecast version too. Same kit, just a metal body...with pronounced parting lines on the sides that have to be filed flat. 

image.png.124667fab35269ab6a30603c6b803f31.png

image.png.7208a32de77cf89d8c5b670993859bb9.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2