Model Cars Magazine Forum

They're still out there

I've came across items like that during hunting season.... The question that crosses my mind is "How many" times have these been "asked about"  😃...are they For Sale??  ...only to hear NOPE! I've got plans for them & Never Happens!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Khils said:

I've came across items like that during hunting season.... The question that crosses my mind is "How many" times have these been "asked about"  😃...are they For Sale??  ...only to hear NOPE! I've got plans for them & Never Happens!!

I hate that too! I found a guy once who had a 66 Big Block Corvette sitting in about the same condition in his front yard. I asked about it and he told me that he was going to rebuild it and give it to his son the following year for his 16th birthday. I didn't know the guy at all but did not hesitate to tell him he was an idiot. I got quickly ran off.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr
  • Like 2

And, even if they were willing to sell it would be such an inflated price than no one would pay the "insane" number.

I had the same experience here. 

A local junkyard has a 64 Falcon wagon perched on top of a container.  I asked 5 years ago if he would sell it. He said he wanted to wait a while before he was ready to sell.( he never said HOW long.)

I asked again last year. The car now has broken windows, the trim is falling off, the front suspension has bent a bit because of the way its been placed on the container,  and there's more rust.

He said he wouldn't move it off the container for less than $ 40,000.

What a fool !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, milo1303s said:

I wanna rip that stupid hood scoop off the 56 ford so bad and burn it with fire!!!!  lol

Careful....

I have an older (74yo) friend that has a '56 Ford collection. A Crown Victoria, a Victoria, two Fairlane sedans, and a convertible that is a 30-some year stalled project The other 4 are drivers if he can keep the batteries up and the power steering leaks at bay. The Victoria was purchased in ~1974 in a drag car configuration with a 390 and a 9" rearend. Dave restored it back to stock with a 312 and it is still his favorite. Car could have very well wound up in a junkyard.

19 hours ago, Rodent said:

Careful....

I have an older (74yo) friend that has a '56 Ford collection. A Crown Victoria, a Victoria, two Fairlane sedans, and a convertible that is a 30-some year stalled project The other 4 are drivers if he can keep the batteries up and the power steering leaks at bay. The Victoria was purchased in ~1974 in a drag car configuration with a 390 and a 9" rearend. !!Dave restored it back to stock with a 312 and it is still his favorite. Car could have very well wound up in a junkyard.

I'm only talking about the hood scoop thing not the car.

I like the 56 ford needs a teardrop if it really needs a hood scoop !!!

And I'm always careful !!

11 minutes ago, milo1303s said:

I'm only talking about the hood scoop thing not the car.

I like the 56 ford needs a teardrop if it really needs a hood scoop !!!

And I'm always careful !!

Any serious Ford racer has to have a "Tear Drop" hood scoop just like the Thunderbolts of old. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 10:21 PM, Rodent said:

Careful....

I have an older (74yo) friend that has a '56 Ford collection. A Crown Victoria, a Victoria, two Fairlane sedans, and a convertible that is a 30-some year stalled project The other 4 are drivers if he can keep the batteries up and the power steering leaks at bay. The Victoria was purchased in ~1974 in a drag car configuration with a 390 and a 9" rearend. Dave restored it back to stock with a 312 and it is still his favorite. Car could have very well wound up in a junkyard.

If your friend decides to get rid of the convertible, I'm a serious cash buyer. Been shopping 55-56 Ford convertibles for a few months now. That is the only body style '55-56 Ford I haven't owned out of the 40+ 5&6 Fords I've owned over the years!

16 hours ago, Keef said:

I want that 63 Galaxie!! 😱😱😱

You and me both! I have seen the 64 for the last two years and drooled over it. When I finally stopped earlier this week and walked out back I was floored to see the 63 427 4 speed!! That emediately moved to the top of my wanted list. What a shame to have any of them just sitting there.

Later-

The '63 Ford Galaxie 500XL was the second prettiest car Ford ever built, #1 was the '40 Coupe. I would take it in a heartbeat, but then if that one is unobtainable the '64 would be my second selection. The '56 is nice but has had some serious body modifications. Appears to have a flip front, that is the only explanation for the cut away fenders and those rear wheel openings have been elongated, I presume for slick clearance. Still it could be rebuilt with a lot of work.  If all else fails I may even be willing to try out that Mopar.

That 64 Ford with a 427 would be probably worth while to restore.  Could not be that many.  The 68 Barracuda though sad would not be maybe worth the money and time to restore.   That is so often the reason cars get walked away from.  

22 hours ago, RSchnell said:

If your friend decides to get rid of the convertible, I'm a serious cash buyer. Been shopping 55-56 Ford convertibles for a few months now. That is the only body style '55-56 Ford I haven't owned out of the 40+ 5&6 Fords I've owned over the years!

Gonna PM you

I kind of have a yard that looks like that more of 62-63 novas and 53 fords . At 59 years old I have 3 novas completed and 53 ford . But still have side yard full of what I call waiters . Makes me sad to see them sit but there’s only so much time in date . But I would sell them when I do have time what would it cost me to buy it again. Yet I no as I get older it takes long to want get started. But I do have plans on building another nova wagon and another 53 ford crest line .but for the 4 dr ford chestline and yet another 63 nova wagon shell time cut them lose .