Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 ThunderBird SVE

NOBLNG

This is a mashup of the AMT American Graffiti T-Bird and a Revell Super Stallion Mustang. The engine, differential and interior are from the Mustang…with a few modifications.🙂 I removed the rear fender skirts and emblems and smoothed the body. Bumpers are scratch built, and the wheels are from the Foose Impala. Exterior paint is Testors Aztek turquoise and Tamiya grey primer with Mr. hobby clear. Interior is Tamiya LP-14 and AK aquatic turquoise. Thanks for looking!

Build thread: https://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/176915-sve-t-bird/

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1419.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1421.jpeg

IMG_1422.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 12

Beautiful looking paint colors and finishes. The body work is very subtle but give the body a much newer look. The chassis and engine changes as well as the interior look great as well.  

• Thanks 1

Hi Greg! You have built some very nice models, this one is my favourite for sure. Absolutely love it, colours, stance, wheel/tire choice, the added detail… You blended the two cars seamlessly into a very nice looking ‘Bird. The engine looks like it was made for this car. 👍👍

Cheers, Steve

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Looks great...especially considering that there are those who insist the '57 Bird is a horrible, unbuildable kit even just OOB.

Thanks Bill…but it is a ‘56 and a nice kit. I have no idea how bad the ‘57 kit is.🤷‍♂️

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 1