Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima DeLorean

Makes sense, the only stock part the BTTF kit doesn't seem to carry is the rear window/hatch area. Otherwise everything else that makes it the time machine is molded separately in the new BTTF kit which should be released in April.

Interesting new release to look out for. I bought a movie one some time ago with the intention of making a factory stock motor from it. Too much hassle to do so I sold it on. So Aoshima doing a standard at is good news to me.

About TIME if you will excuse the pun !

Edited by Bugatti Fan
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

Decal included. Singular. :D

Yes, typical Japanese->English translation.  Just think of it as "decal  sheet".  Doesn't have to be plural.  And yes, I know you are just being humorous.

If you think about it, there are other Engrish phrases.  Like "gull wing doors and rear cover can be opened and closed".  Isn't that a bit silly?  If they can be opened, they can certainly be closed.  It would have made more sense to state "opening doors and rear hatch"  That implies that they can also be closed.

That will be one sweet kit!

58 minutes ago, peteski said:

Yes, typical Japanese->English translation.  Just think of it as "decal  sheet".  Doesn't have to be plural.  And yes, I know you are just being humorous.

If you think about it, there are other Engrish phrases.  Like "gull wing doors and rear cover can be opened and closed".  Isn't that a bit silly?  If they can be opened, they can certainly be closed.  It would have made more sense to state "opening doors and rear hatch"  That implies that they can also be closed.

I took it more like a decal for the instrument cluster, didn't even think about "one sheet of decals". I guess it could be either. :D

7 hours ago, peteski said:

Yes, typical Japanese->English translation.  Just think of it as  "sheet".  Doesn't have to be plural.  And yes, I know you are just being humorous.

The finesse of language being lost in the machine translation is "functional", the doors and rear hatch open and close at the builders whim. "Opening Doors" within the context of Japanese kits means the doors can be posed open or left closed, but you have to pick one or the other. Aoshima's own Paganis are a great example of that. Those kits have multiple opening body panels, but you have to make decisions as to what is open and what stays closed during assembly - they don't function again afterwards.

I mean almost every model kit made by U.S. manufacturers has an "opening" hood, but that just means it's a separate part and if you want to display it open it really implies - Display on the ground beside the car to show off the engine. Very few things besides Corvettes and the odd "Flip-Nose" doohicky had functional hoods. There was even that kick Revell & AMT/Ertl got on in the 90s where new kits came with really detailed hood hinges, but then if you installed them you were making your engine bay a giant dust catcher because the hood will be permanently open until the earth cools.  Which looks better in a display granted, but then you can't actually close it.

4 hours ago, peteski said:

And then there was the infamous Revell '57 Chevy Bel Air (that was in the early '60s?) with all body panels functional.

Heh...they might function 2-3 times and then the plastic hinges would snap off and you had an exploded '57 Bel Air. At least with Aoshima's Lamborghini kits with Opening & Closing Doors they run on metal parts and last a little while.