Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Deuce Tudor being reissued

Spotted this online:

IMG_9579.jpeg.f81c8d9da38d6476c67d40b57fe61213.jpeg

I’ll be down for a case!  This is the only one of the Deuce kits with the Flathead…I forget what else is unique about this one but I remember the Flattie being well done 

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, Chris V said:

Interesting that it appears to have the Halibrand wheels from the nineties’  Revell ‘32 Roadster kit. 

That setup gives the best “rubber rake” of all the Revell deuces too, with the fronts being much shorter than the rears. 
Great illustration for the box too! 

• Like 2

That is VERY nice box art, - looks like the #440 '32 sedan Bob Mcgrath ran at Bonneville, before it got the four inch roof chop.

Too bad this reissue didn't come with a chopped roof.

If this is a reissue of the previous 32 sedan,  you all might practice getting that interior tub inserted in that body shell.

I'm currently completing my build of the original kit and there is a trick to it .......here's a tip from Tim Boyd's review:

Flathead engine is a nice choice, think I'd like to power up with a supercharged Chrysler and channeled for a mean stance.

Revell 32 tudor sedan original.jpg

Revell Ford Tudor Sedan Tim Boyd review interior fit .jpg

Revell tudor sedan flathead.jpg

Edited by SpeedShift
  • Like 1

That blue deuce on the original box sure is a fine build but it definitely ain't a flattie under that hood B)  Sure beats the red one for appeal.

Looks like the flattie has a C4 auto transmission.

Edited by mk11

Other than the new wheels (cool choice, too), this looks to be the same, or close to it, to the original build.

So....here's a link to images only (no text) showing a 33 step by step buildup of an original kit test shot from....17 years ago....   I had helped Revell by loaning them the interior of the AMT Tudor sedan kit while this one was in development, which explains the signed box sent by Revell's late Roger Harney after the kit hit the market (last image in album).  I recall this being a very, very nice kit at the time.  TB 

image.png.eae13542285ecf5a741863b7f2a5beec.png

image.png.943371a09e1a8d06c7704364367a1080.png

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mk11 said:

That blue deuce on the original box sure is a fine build but it definitely ain't a flattie under that hood B)  Sure beats that tacky red thing for appeal.

A couple of thoughts about that:

1) How compatible are those parts with the block from the Revel '40 & '48 ford flatheads, which has the proper transmission?

2) Saw off the automatic, and replace it with one of the shortie transmissions from the Atlantis Part Pack kits?

1 hour ago, mk11 said:

That blue deuce on the original box sure is a fine build but it definitely ain't a flattie under that hood B)  Sure beats that tacky red thing for appeal.

The 5.0 from the original 3 window and roadster is also in the sedan and 5 window in addition to the flattie in the sedan and early hemi in the 5 window.

So, both those kits have 2 complete engines in them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpeedShift said:

Too bad this reissue didn't come with a chopped roof.

I actually don’t mind this (or any hot rod kit, pretty much) coming with a stock height roof.  

It’s a LOT easier to chop one to your own taste than try and restore the roof to standard height.  Plus, Revell didn’t exactly do a great job of figuring out a good looking roof chop for the (otherwise really nicely done) ‘49 Merc kit.

Pretty sure Drag City does a chopped Tudor body, if I remember rightly 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Too bad if the wires wheels aren't there.  Hopefully, they'll at least be an option.

Look at the side panel of the box, it does show another set of wheels, so maybe it has the halibrands and the Kelsey Hayes. It’s hard to see clearly in the pic the op shows

13 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

1) How compatible are those parts with the block from the Revel '40 & '48 ford flatheads, which has the proper transmission?

I test fitted the Flattie Hop-Up parts from the Revell '48 Ford Convertible, the Revell '40 Ford Coupe/Convertible and the Revell 37/37 Ford Pickup. All are the Versions with a Hot Rod flathead V-8 in the kit. With a bit of trimming all the Dual or Triple Carb intakes fit all the blocks. All the aftermarket Heads fit as well. There is some "adjusting" needed for them, but you should be able to get them to work on the '32 engine.

In fact I have an Ardun Head build of a '32 Roadster using the Heads from the Revell '50 Pickup in the works now.

At long last... it's finally back! I believe the only issue of this kit dates all the way back to 07/08, so 17 years??? Many were beginning to wonder if it would ever come back, hence the climbing 3rd party prices. 

Even if it's a straight up reissue with no new parts I'll still get a couple even though I have a couple of the first issue in the stash. Gotta have donors for Ed's excellent chopped bodies. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I actually don’t mind this (or any hot rod kit, pretty much) coming with a stock height roof.  

It’s a LOT easier to chop one to your own taste than try and restore the roof to standard height.  Plus, Revell didn’t exactly do a great job of figuring out a good looking roof chop for the (otherwise really nicely done) ‘49 Merc kit.

Pretty sure Drag City does a chopped Tudor body, if I remember rightly 

This is true, on the 32 sedan I 'm working on, I did a radical chop that is probably more than what a kit issued chop would offer.

32 sedan stance.jpg

32 sedan progress.jpg

• Like 4