Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Aston Martin DB5

This the James Bond version but I did not add the gadgets, the partial roof looks silly so I plugged it and removed the seam , same with the bullet proof bulk head, tire shredders and machine gun. This car looks way better as a normal factory car. I have been waiting to build this for as long as I have been modeling. There  is no engine but the details are quite good. The assembly is straight forward and I did not ran in any issues apart for a lot of sanding, it was smooth sailing. Primes with Tamiya grey primer, the closest i got color wise is Tamiya gloss aluminum clear coated with TS13. I am glad Revell put this one out even if its a easy-click model. The only thing I can complain about is the chrome, it's ok but it's not to the standard that is Revell's usually is. In all, I am pleased with the results and I can tick that one off the bucket list. 

As always, thanks for looking.

aston martin db5 01.jpg

aston martin db5 02.jpg

aston martin db5 03.jpg

aston martin db5 04.jpg

aston martin db5 06.jpg

aston martin db5 07.jpg

20240218_162734.jpg

• Like 12

I always enjoy your beautiful builds Mario. I was waiting for a non James Bond version to be released but your artfully converted the kit. Too bad Revell did not get the shape of the body quite right, especially the roof and greenhouse. Hard to understand with today's scanning and design tools.

You did an excellent job on this ancient kit. The reason it doesn't look like the usual Revelle kit is because it started life as an Aurora kit. The tooling was then purchased by Monogram and that's how it ended up with Revell after they merged.

1 hour ago, mr moto said:

You did an excellent job on this ancient kit. The reason it doesn't look like the usual Revell kit is because it started life as an Aurora kit. The tooling was then purchased by Monogram and that's how it ended up with Revell after they merged.

It is NOT the old Aurora kit. Revell was quite clear that this is an all new tool. I cannot wait for the Civilian Version either.

Mario, this is a fantastic Job, on this kit.

Good Show.

Looks great Mario.

I was looking at this very kit in a shop the other day. I'm a big DB 5 fan but not for the price they were asking. We tend to get a little bit ripped off with kit prices here in Australia sadly.

That looks great Mario, as Garry said, these revell Germany kits are quite expensive in Australia. I paid $79 Australian ( approximately $50 US dollars ) for the easy-click VW T2 Transporter kit. Really well done on converting yours to stock.

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

21 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Looks great, Mario! And your background really suits the subject! Nice work! 👍😎

thanks John.

20 hours ago, Jim B said:

Great looking Aston Martin.  Very well done.

Thanks James

20 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

I always enjoy your beautiful builds Mario. I was waiting for a non James Bond version to be released but your artfully converted the kit. Too bad Revell did not get the shape of the body quite right, especially the roof and greenhouse. Hard to understand with today's scanning and design tools.

Thanks Pierre. I've waited so long for this kit, I'm just glad to have one . 🙂

19 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Looks wonderful. Well built.

Thanks Phil.

19 hours ago, mr moto said:

You did an excellent job on this ancient kit. The reason it doesn't look like the usual Revelle kit is because it started life as an Aurora kit. The tooling was then purchased by Monogram and that's how it ended up with Revell after they merged.

Thanks Manuel, I think this one is a new tool at least that's it said on their web site.

18 hours ago, karbuildr said:

Excellent. Looks so much better without the gadgets, very nicely done.

Thanks David, I agree, it looks super cool in the movie but as a static model, I prefer the clean line of the car.

17 hours ago, Kah puts said:

I say that’s a right bang up job 🇬🇧Moneypenny would you like to come for a ride ( in the Sean Connery Scottish brogue ) 👍

Thanks Glen.

17 hours ago, stavanzer said:

It is NOT the old Aurora kit. Revell was quite clear that this is an all new tool. I cannot wait for the Civilian Version either.

Mario, this is a fantastic Job, on this kit.

Good Show.

Thanks you Alan. I remember reading that it was a new tool on Revell web site.

13 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Great work Mario and I like the new backdrop. 

Thank you Tom.

13 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Looks great

Thank you David.

12 hours ago, michelle said:

awesome work 
i was wondering if this could be built factor stock 

Thanks Michelle, it can be build stock the top plug seam is big so you need to sand ,filler, sand , filler . same with the bullet proof bulkhead. They designed it to be moveable so the gaps are enormous.

7 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

Thanks Chris

6 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

Looks great Mario.

I was looking at this very kit in a shop the other day. I'm a big DB 5 fan but not for the price they were asking. We tend to get a little bit ripped off with kit prices here in Australia sadly.

Thank you Garry.  Yes they are expensive, I paid 54$ CAD. 

5 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

That looks great Mario, as Garry said, these revell Germany kits are quite expensive in Australia. I paid $79 Australian ( approximately $50 US dollars ) for the easy-click VW T2 Transporter kit. Really well done on converting yours to stock.

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

Thanks David. 

4 hours ago, Zippi said:

That Aston Martin Looks pretty nice Mario.  The Tamiya Gloss Aluminum with the grey primer looks Super sharp. Another nice build dude.

Thanks Bob.

4 hours ago, SpikeSchumacher said:

Beautifully done, Mario!

Thank you Mathias

2 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Another masterpiece Mario. Beautifully done. I can understand your reluctance on this kit.  Mine has sat in its box since it was bought new many many moons ago.  But bravo to you for finally tackling it.

Thanks Rich.

• Like 1

Beautiful looking paint and trim. The subject is one of the best-looking automotive designs and building it without the Bond accessories may prove to be the best way to display it in the future. 

• Thanks 1