Model Cars Magazine Forum

13 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

This is my 1972 Grand Prix I have owned over 20 years. It is the 3rd one I have had painted black and gold. I like going to empty parking lots and jamming with the 14 speaker sound system (my wife won't let me do it in the garage).

Bill_N_72_GP_LF_3_qtr_view.jpg

DSC_4076.JPG

DSC_4067.JPG

Boss Audio amps and crossovers.JPG

Gorgeous Grand Prix!

12 hours ago, RSchnell said:

I'm down to 2. Sold my Falcon Wagon and some other cars. I haven't driven the '56 in a while, been too busy. My daily is a 2019 Jetta. Incredible fuel mileage and is a pleasure to drive. Carried a bunch of kits in both trunks!

a6a20a75.jpg

DSC_0277 (1).JPG

I like the little '56 better. The primer and chrome wheels is about as far as many of my cars got way back when all I could afford was a couple of cans of Krylon. 

12 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

This is my 1972 Grand Prix I have owned over 20 years. It is the 3rd one I have had painted black and gold. I like going to empty parking lots and jamming with the 14 speaker sound system (my wife won't let me do it in the garage).

Bill_N_72_GP_LF_3_qtr_view.jpg

DSC_4076.JPG

DSC_4067.JPG

Boss Audio amps and crossovers.JPG

I like your Hurst style paint scheme.  

6 minutes ago, espo said:

I like the little '56 better. The primer and chrome wheels is about as far as many of my cars got way back when all I could afford was a couple of cans of Krylon. 

The '56 was my daily from 2003-2017. At one point it had shiny paint and all that. LOL  I do a lot of travel in my side business and it was just time to have a/c and disc brakes & other safety features. 

37 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

82EC88E0-7411-4A45-9E3A-0C3705FBAB25.thumb.jpeg.96cd812ce02542125464fbba83b2b1b4.jpeg

Sold the Jaguar.. too many cars!  May sell some more. 

I used to think it'd be fun to have a bunch of cars. I was up to 9 at one point nothing newer than '62. I'm down to 2 and if I can find another '62 Galaxie 390 or 406 4spd convertible I'll be at 3. Good enough for me. Here's a couple wagons I sold recently. '56 Ranch and '69 Falcon

Cadaver32.JPG

20170910_191022.jpg

I find that when I’ve had a bunch of cars, by habit I’d always use the same one.. my sun glasses and other stuff was in the car last driven.  And cars wound up blocked in, I’d have to move another car to get it out, so I didn’t bother!  And let’s not forget the cars the wife wouldn’t ride in! Those cars then just sat.  Why I’m thinning out!

Edited by Tom Geiger

2 hours ago, RSchnell said:

I used to think it'd be fun to have a bunch of cars. I was up to 9 at one point nothing newer than '62. I'm down to 2 and if I can find another '62 Galaxie 390 or 406 4spd convertible I'll be at 3. Good enough for me. Here's a couple wagons I sold recently. '56 Ranch and '69 Falcon

Cadaver32.JPG

20170910_191022.jpg

Bummer, my father in law would have picked up the 56, and I would have bought the Falcon. Oh, and my father in law has a 62 Sunliner.  ?

The number of cars I own at any one time fluctuates.  It usually depends if the family requires funds for a necessity,  or the grass was greener when I saw another car I liked better. After not having anything old to drive for a number of years, and having the two oldest get married and move out. I brought this 53 home. The 66 Merc my father in law just bought. 

20200524_153412.jpg

20200626_162945.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am

1971 Morris Marina, my daily driver for five years. We have three of them, the white one is my girlfriends and I'm currently restoring another. They're not the most popular classics and are the butt of all jokes, think of the Pinto as the US equivalent.

70's Car, 70's Owner!.JPG

TDT Finished 6.JPG

TTM In Primer.JPG

12 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

I find that when I’ve had a bunch of cars, by habit I’d always use the same one.. my sun glasses and other stuff was in the car last driven.  And cars wound up blocked in, I’d have to move another car to get it out, so I didn’t bother!  And let’s not forget the cars the wife wouldn’t ride in! Those cars then just sat.  Why I’m thinning out!

You hit the nail on the head! I was fortunate during my married life, my wife would ride in most anything except the station wagons. It may have been the fact that I worked at a mortuary back in the day and I used one of my old wagons to transport a 'customer' more than once. I just never told her which one.

20 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

...And let’s not forget the cars the wife wouldn’t ride in!

Never had that problem. Of course, the cars were with me first, and stayed after the women were long gone.

I once had a prospect ask me "why do you have so many cars?"

"Same reason you have so many shoes" I said. She didn't get it.

11 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

1971 Morris Marina, my daily driver for five years. We have three of them, the white one is my girlfriends and I'm currently restoring another. They're not the most popular classics and are the butt of all jokes...

Kinda cool seeing somebody saving Marinas. We got a few stateside, and I've worked on a few. What's the parts situation like?

1 minute ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Kinda cool seeing somebody saving Marinas. We got a few stateside, and I've worked on a few. What's the parts situation like?

There not a bad car. Sold as the Austin Marina in the states. Mechanical parts are easy as it's mostly parts bin stuff from the Mini, MG etc. Panels and trim can be hard to get but I have a huge stash of parts to keep these going for years.

28 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

1971 Morris Marina, my daily driver for five years. We have three of them, the white one is my girlfriends and I'm currently restoring another. They're not the most popular classics and are the butt of all jokes, think of the Pinto as the US equivalent.

I'm guessing you know Mike (Trigger) with the blue 1.3 estate?

My grandad went through four Marinas on the trot in the '70s, all bought brand new, so I was quite familiar with them in my childhood days. I wouldn't rush to have one myself, but I'm pleased to see them in use, at shows etc.

Some other great stuff from everyone else!

1 minute ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I'm guessing you know Mike (Trigger) with the blue 1.3 estate?

My grandad went through four Marinas on the trot in the '70s, all bought brand new, so I was quite familiar with them in my childhood days. I wouldn't rush to have one myself, but I'm pleased to see them in use, at shows etc.

Some other great stuff from everyone else!

Yeah, I've met Trigger, very nice guy. That estate was a great find, car is like new. Marinas were the car of choice with my family back in the 80's. My dad had two of them for the most part of the 80's and my grand dad had the van versions. He worked at a carpet store and that's all he ever drove. He'd have a different Marina van every couple of years. When they started getting harder to find he starting driving Maestro vans but always used to say how much he disliked them compared to the Marina.

In 2006 I bought this car as a daily car, a Mercedes Benz 300SE.
Year of construction May 1991 with a 3 liter 6 cylinder inline engine.
At the time of purchase there was 180,000 km on the odometer and since this week 400,000 km are on the odometer.
Old German top, in a time when a Mercedes Benz was still a real Mercedes Benz, quality!

21048028io.jpg.99436792a2dc6b7c18eefc51411fd86f.jpg

Hermann.

Thanks for the photo, Hermann

It was a good era for cars in Germany.

Proper cars. My daily drive, family wagon and utility truck is a BMW 530i touring, with a 4-cam V8 and 400,000 kilometres on the clock. 

Cheers,

-Don.

4 hours ago, sjordan2 said:

Since my Infiniti G35 was turned into an accordion 3 weeks ago, I replaced it with this 2013 Mini Cooper S, Bayswater edition.   

mini blu.jpg

Bayswater, a very nice part of London,  I'll be moving around 3 miles away in Pimlico very soon.

Nice place to live.

Not a New Mini:

1995 BMW E34 530i 5 Series TOURING V8 Automatic - Green FOR SALE ...

Not my car, this is one off the hyperweb, but mine's the same in every way except scruffier and the number plate reads N945 OSU. It's got a manual 'box.

10 hours ago, Hermann Kersten said:

In 2006 I bought this car as a daily car, a Mercedes Benz 300SE.
Year of construction May 1991 with a 3 liter 6 cylinder inline engine.
At the time of purchase there was 180,000 km on the odometer and since this week 400,000 km are on the odometer.
Old German top, in a time when a Mercedes Benz was still a real Mercedes Benz, quality!

21048028io.jpg.99436792a2dc6b7c18eefc51411fd86f.jpg

Hermann.

Where was the photo taken?  Looks like Northern Italy.  Also 400,000 km and its not a diesel.  Impressive.