Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Does that version also have the camper shell? I've wanted the '59 with camper for quite a while now.

The camper from the vintage box art reissue of the 65 elcamino is the same camper that was in the "Elcamino Camper" issue of the 59. AFAIK that was the only boxing of the 59 to have the camper shell included. The vintage box art reissue of the 65 elcamino has both the camper shell and the bed cap included in it.

I just got the Stomper Blazer and dune buggy. I also picked up a 1/16the General Lee the other day. Dont know if I will ever build either of them. I want the Stomper since I was a kid and bought the Lee because of all the stuff going on (Confederate flag drama).

The camper from the vintage box art reissue of the 65 elcamino is the same camper that was in the "Elcamino Camper" issue of the 59. AFAIK that was the only boxing of the 59 to have the camper shell included. The vintage box art reissue of the 65 elcamino has both the camper shell and the bed cap included in it.

OK, thanks. I know at least one version of the '65 El Camino also has the same camper as that '59 kit that you refer to. I'll have one, sooner or later, a '59 with camper that is. Built is a kid, and loved it.

Got in a pair of bubblegum lights, a set of spotlamps, and 2 full length clear lightbars from PoliceCarModels.com.

Also got in my set of Virginia State Police vintage decals in 1/25 scale.

Hmmm..... wonder what I'm gonna do with the recent Ford Custom, Model King Ford, Del Rio, Ford Interceptor, and Galaxie 500 purchases I made in the last couple weeks....

I bought the '69 Pontiac to complete my year set of full size Ponchos. Right now the rest of the built ups I have in this series are neatly tucked away for future restoration. The plan for the set is to restore them to stock.

I will have to see how it looks when I get it. I know one of the posts is broken, so I'll see just how bad. If the paint is really bad, I may just strip it now. Otherwise it will join the rest of the cars in that box!

Do I see a WIP in the future if you're able to do something with it?

Picked this Gran Torino up today. Still 100% positive it's a Johan or some sort of kit.

_3-16_zps7bczfwpa.jpeg

Nice grab Clayton!

What's up with the good prices all the sudden at HL? I went in there yesterday and got an AMT 37 Chevy that the box was open on for $5. You read it right FIVE bucks. I don't get it. That kit normally runs 27 bucks regular price wether the box was open or not!

2015-07-10%202015-07-10%20001%20001_zps6

Edited by mustang1989

I just got the Stomper Blazer and dune buggy. I also picked up a 1/16the General Lee the other day. Dont know if I will ever build either of them. I want the Stomper since I was a kid and bought the Lee because of all the stuff going on (Confederate flag drama).

What are the tires made of in that Stomper kit? Are they hard plastic or a soft material?

My recent acquirements are as follows:

Four Moebius 1969 sort bed pickup kits

The Monogram, Tom Daniel Popper Chopper

The Polar lights Boss Austin Snap Draggin

The Polar Lights Manglia Snap Draggin

The Polar Lights Willy Haulin Snap Draggin

The Polar lights Willy Wild Snap Draggin

The Polar lights Willy Fast Snap Draggin

Already had a couple of the Polar Lights Bad Boy Snap Draggins kits and wanted the complete set. All are still sealed.

Edited by Ben

Went to the train show today at the fairgrounds in Deland and found a stack of resin and some kits for rediculous prices, also went to Tuesday Morning yesterday with the wife and picked a new supply of detail brushes cheap. I like cheap. :lol:

I picked up the Ford pickup at a slot car swap meet in Daytona.

20150711_180803.jpg

the resin kits were marked down to $5, then he discounted the 7 pieces down to $30. The roadrunners were $10.

20150711_181005.jpg

found these in the craft aisle, they had several more sizes but I only wanted the smaller detail brushes. Size #1 to 20/0.

Edited by oldnslow

A friend of mine had to clear his attic for a new furnace today and found these four kits. He decided he'd never build them so he gave them to me.

He used to fly B-47s and B-52s. He used to have a '63 Corvette and an early Pantera. I'm sure he planned to make replicas of his rides.

P1060007_zpsuzr5lcil.jpg

If I build it, it will be for my friend who gave it to me. But I will check to see if he has room first.

I've ready done a model of his Continental 737; he was the pilot that took delivery of the very first Continental 737, and the Minicraft kit builds it straight from the box. (With the Scale-Master decals...)

What's up with the good prices all the sudden at HL? I went in there yesterday and got an AMT 37 Chevy that the box was open on for $5. You read it right FIVE bucks. I don't get it. That kit normally runs 27 bucks regular price wether the box was open or not!

2015-07-10%202015-07-10%20001%20001_zps6

That's a steal....

A friend of mine had to clear his attic for a new furnace today and found these four kits. He decided he'd never build them so he gave them to me.He used to fly B-47s and B-52s. He used to have a '63 Corvette and an early Pantera. I'm sure he planned to make replicas of his rides.P1060007_zpsuzr5lcil.jpg

A kit of a B-47; lucky you.:)

Went to the train show today at the fairgrounds in Deland and found a stack of resin and some kits for rediculous prices, also went to Tuesday Morning yesterday with the wife and picked a new supply of detail brushes cheap. I like cheap. :lol:

I picked up the Ford pickup at a slot car swap meet in Daytona.

20150711_180803.jpg

the resin kits were marked down to $5, then he discounted the 7 pieces down to $30. The roadrunners were $10.

20150711_181005.jpg

found these in the craft aisle, they had several more sizes but I only wanted the smaller detail brushes. Size #1 to 20/0.

Deal of the year on the Resin bodies. Those Delivery Vans look awesome all painted up.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...