Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I bought another can of that Rustoleum Clear Gloss Lacquer at Walmart today, having had good luck with the first can I bought last week. They only had one can left--I was thinking that there were only two last week, and I seem to recall looking for it there for awhile with no luck. I'll keep my eye out for more. You what they say, if it's any good, stock up because Walmart will stop carrying it. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jhedir6 said:

Drove to Toronto this morning to pick this bad boy up. Time for bed but later tonight at work I'll tear it open and post up some pics....and maybe a wip.

20210121_122852.thumb.jpg.77d9dad9701620c508114f53382a5f63.jpg

I saw a Senna last year in Scottsdale.  Pretty cool!

13 hours ago, steveracer said:

Where are you guys finding the Model Master Paints?   When I look online,  I see it being sold for $13 per little jar.....

I bought some through Hobbylinc and a few more from Hobbyspeed.  Seems most places are out of stock already.  None of them knew when the new Revell paints might arrive.

24 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Except for the tires that is a pretty nice kit. I replaced the rears with some resin ones I bought on the bay.

Yes, it has a ton of traditional hot rod parts, and I agree the two-piece tires are not great. I don't think Lindberg's box art helped, either.

10 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Big roll of styrene sheet:

1EADA71D-B5F6-4746-B90B-46EAAAD30419.thumb.jpeg.7959c1f2a868503c838404c954f7f3d6.jpeg

About three jobs ago, I used to work with that stuff. I made patterns from it. I think we paid about $10 or $12 a sheet for the stuff. I got permission to take the leftover scrap home and I still have POUNDS of the stuff around here--I should NEVER have to buy .020-030" styrene again. (For a while there, if you were trading with me, I threw a bunch of the stuff in the box just to get rid of it.) 

22 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

About three jobs ago, I used to work with that stuff. I made patterns from it. I think we paid about $10 or $12 a sheet for the stuff. I got permission to take the leftover scrap home and I still have POUNDS of the stuff around here--I should NEVER have to buy .020-030" styrene again. (For a while there, if you were trading with me, I threw a bunch of the stuff in the box just to get rid of it.) 

Gotta love jobs that have useful take-homes!  

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

Gotta love jobs that have useful take-homes!  

Indeed, I have been working for Custom Wire Industries since 1991 and I have taken home bits and bobs from work. With the boss' permission of course. From wire (Obvi!) to mesh screen to sheet plastic to coax cable, which after removing the outer shield makes awesome braided hose for custom cars and racers. Diodes and resistors, LEDs, Xuron cutters which after they lose their sharpness still make awesome spru cutters without having to buy them at $15 or so a pop.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...