Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Anybody else get an "AMT" '64 Belvidere packed this way? The body, red taillights, Slant 6 runner, exhaust and Slant 6 transmission runner along with the interior floor pan, door panels and dash were all unbagged with the flippin tires tossed in on top. The chassis, suspension, V-8, and other bits along with the chrome and clear were bagged.

20210131_154520.thumb.jpg.9bc341c5033467de1443f0598b744a75.jpg

That’s very odd' could it have been reshrink wrapped?

1 hour ago, slusher said:

That’s very odd' could it have been reshrink wrapped?

If it was, it was somewhere upstream of my LHS.  He doesn't have that capability, and would sell it open if it were for some reason returned.  Nothing is damaged or missing, just parts of it aren't bagged, the decals are also printed in China on a blue backing paper that isn't similar to anything I've seen Round2 use recently - as I thought all their decals were being done by Cartograf.  Is what it is, just a heads up to others who might want to check their kits and fish out the tires before they go back to it in 5 years and they've melted into the roof.

Approximately 16" long, $10.99 each but 50% off currently...no coupon needed. 😊 They are labeled as "solid brass", so plan on weathering as necessary. No crimped-on texture to these, juts smooth and, well, they look like standard linked chain to me. Each link measures .014" thick, '063" wide, and .116" long:

1823397521_PXL_20210203_0049189193.thumb.jpg.27d901ccb792a3bbbda76dbce83372b2.jpg

1632631389_PXL_20210203_0049266742.thumb.jpg.b4e8a8f314671d3ac77ec5f4d3c1ad24.jpg

Edited by Casey

Ordered an Ertl Collectibles 1946 Dodge power wagon, the tow truck version. Plan on using it as the tow vehicle for a wood speed boat made from a smaller scale PT boat which scales out to about 28' in 125th scale. I want to rebuild the power wagon and maybe install a fifties Dodge hemi- anyone know a good large displacement donor?

8 minutes ago, Paul Payne said:

Ordered an Ertl Collectibles 1946 Dodge power wagon, the tow truck version. Plan on using it as the tow vehicle for a wood speed boat made from a smaller scale PT boat which scales out to about 28' in 125th scale. I want to rebuild the power wagon and maybe install a fifties Dodge hemi- anyone know a good large displacement donor?

Define "large displacement". As in, not a late Hemi?

The AMT '57 Chrysler 300 has the nicest a nice (IMHO) early Hemi, but I've never had the Moebius early Hemi in hand to compare:

2 hours ago, Paul Payne said:

Casey, thanks for the info- I would like the hemi to definitely be from the fifties, whatever would be large displacement back then. Maybe 330 cu. in.? 

Okay, I wasn't sure if you wanted a later version or not, but it sounds like the early Hemi (331-354-392) is what you are after, since those were produced exclusively in the '50s. Pics of the engine I suggested can be seen here:

5 hours ago, GeeBee said:

This one arrived yesterday morning 20210202_215357.jpg

For what it's worth, in my opinion the 1:1 '61 is best looking Impala ever made. Anyway, I assume this kit is the same as the Nicholson race car, and if so as I remember this is a very easy and satisfying build.

I know you'll do it up right Geoff.

On 1/31/2021 at 3:50 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Anybody else get an "AMT" '64 Belvidere packed this way? The body, red taillights, Slant 6 runner, exhaust and Slant 6 transmission runner along with the interior floor pan, door panels and dash were all unbagged with the flippin tires tossed in on top. The chassis, suspension, V-8, and other bits along with the chrome and clear were bagged.

20210131_154520.thumb.jpg.9bc341c5033467de1443f0598b744a75.jpg

Mine was just like yours. Thanks for the heads up.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...