Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

23 hours ago, Casey said:

Unfortunately, I think this is one of the early releases with the ill-shaped windshield, etc. Details here:

It's worse than that, opened it up last night and found that the bodyshell was broken on the screen pillar and the roof panel is distorted, so I have another on the way to me.

20210203_222238.jpg

20210203_222251.jpg

20210204_163449.jpg

My Dodge power wagon arrived today. It's the Havoline tow truck version by Ertl Collectibles. The detailing and overall quality are excellent. I plan on using it to tow a large wood speed boat, modifying a Galaxie trailer into a boat trailer. Not sure yet if I will do some weathering on the truck, also thinking of dropping in a fifties hemi for a little extra go. Will definitely sand the tire treads. I assume the Havoline logos are tampo printed- does anyone have experience with removing tampo without messing up the base paint? The Dodge power wagon defines tough truck and I really like the simple open sheet metal fenders.

56 minutes ago, Paul Payne said:

I assume the Havoline logos are tampo printed- does anyone have experience with removing tampo without messing up the base paint? The Dodge power wagon defines tough truck and I really like the simple open sheet metal fenders.

I use non-acetone fingernail polish remover and have no problems with the paint.  Just make sure it is non-acetone.

On 2/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, Casey said:

Unfortunately, I think this is one of the early releases with the ill-shaped windshield, etc.

The first one that arrived sadly had a broken bodyshell, the second one arrived this morning, thankfully that was is fine, apart from a few light scuff marks on the roof, but nothing major, I found this on the Internet about the early and later bodyshells, the early one is on the left, the corrected one is on the right 

130_3045-vi.jpg

I wanted to go to my HL to check out their Createx prices compared to spraygunner.com, and my wife wanted to go too, since we needed to drop something off at the UPS store close by. I ended up grabbing the Foose Impala for a project down the road, lucked into a can of Model Master Sublime Green Lacquer for a different project, and the wife picked out the Pearlized Purple and Transparent Deep Red. I ended up ordering my Reducer, Retarder, Balancing Clear, Gloss Clear and a couple of other Pearlized colors from spraygunner.com.

IMG_20210205_114005.jpg

11 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

I wanted to go to my HL to check out their Createx prices compared to spraygunner.com, and my wife wanted to go too, since we needed to drop something off at the UPS store close by. I ended up grabbing the Foose Impala for a project down the road, lucked into a can of Model Master Sublime Green Lacquer for a different project, and the wife picked out the Pearlized Purple and Transparent Deep Red. I ended up ordering my Reducer, Retarder, Balancing Clear, Gloss Clear and a couple of other Pearlized colors from spraygunner.com.

IMG_20210205_114005.jpg

Nice buys. I use spraygunner for all of my Createx paints. They have great prices and great service.

Checked the mail today and was pleasantly surprised to find a box from Revell. I had purchased the grease ford convertible and the windshield frame was horribly mangled, went online and filled out the warranty part replacement form and now it’s finally arrived. They were kind enough to send another hood, glass and taillight lenses!

No sexy box art, or instructions, comes with the Air Trax resin transkit of the Ferrari 330 GTC.  I have two options for the chassis, both incorrect, not going to use the 275 GTB kit!  I have an incomplete Italeri 250 SWB kit (no chrome parts, are tires), which could pass.  The Fujimi 365 Daytona donated tires to my NART, that would be a cool resto-rod.  Or maybe the Revell Superamerica or 612 Scaglietti to really be sacrilegious.  🤔  It will take a bunch of work no matter what.

IMG_1122.thumb.jpg.e0f8b96e781f182d8012c6a00af6ff27.jpg
IMG_1123.thumb.jpg.6744a01a149372471ad3a38c468374b9.jpg

Went to my local Hobby Lobby today to hopefully get some MM Metalizer paint with 40% coupon until no longer available (the coupon that is). Of course they had none. While looking my Wife said "Buy a model".

Really don't need another kit to build but I showed her 3 I was interested in and I told her I really don't see any reason to buy one.  Next thing I know she hands me the Drag Mustang. So, what the heck, stack up another one LOL.

20210205_172503.jpg.d8259d8907e095f983a92051f11e1740.jpg

I bought a curio cabinet off my late Aunt's estate, which is now in my living room.  I have it filled with part of my International Harvester model truck collection. 

Top shelf: Transtar 4070 A with a scout ii beside it (not seen in photo's)

second shelf: Transtar II,  with a Scout ss (not seen in photo's)

third shelf/bottom of top section: Transtar 4270 (4200)

Forth shelf: Transtar 4300 day cab

fifth shelf: Paystar 5000 Dump truck

Bottom shelf: S-Series 2575 (frame shortened)

DSC05408.JPG

DSC05409.JPG

On 2/5/2021 at 6:13 PM, GeeBee said:

The first one that arrived sadly had a broken bodyshell, the second one arrived this morning, thankfully that was is fine, apart from a few light scuff marks on the roof, but nothing major, I found this on the Internet about the early and later bodyshells, the early one is on the left, the corrected one is on the right 

130_3045-vi.jpg

I've built the early release. Apart from the very curved windscreen panel it was a great kit. I didn't even know about it until someone mentioned it. One other issue with the early kit is the front grill, the trim just bellow the hood where the turn signals are is just a plain blank piece of chrome, you can see it in the pic bellow. I thought there was a piece missing but no, that's how it was moulded! lol

61 Impala.jpg

Edited by doorsovdoon

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...