Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

15 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Dis oldie

IMG_6705.thumb.jpeg.ae0d576398d75d03ce5c1d74a59c488a.jpeg

Lotsa chrome

Two piece tires 

Very cool! I love these and I have a few of the various old Harley 1/8 kits. On this particular one mine is mint with loose parts excepting a broken frame half. I was able to find a California Highway Patrol parts kit and swapped in a part from that. Black rather than red plastic, but who'll know when it's painted?

• Like 1

Today's delivery.. The Hot Rod kits are from a Japanese eBay store. I wanted to go back and dicker for the Hot Rod Nissan Cedric/ Gloria 330 kit but it's gone..😞  I always wanted a touch tone terror kit. Now I'm glad I didn't spring for an original..saved some bucks.

Now back to shoveling snow..🙄

20240116_145908(1).jpg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, A modeler named mike said:

Today's delivery.. The Hot Rod kits are from a Japanese eBay store. I wanted to go back and dicker for the Hot Rod Nissan Cedric/ Gloria 330 kit but it's gone..😞  I always wanted a touch tone terror kit. Now I'm glad I didn't spring for an original..saved some bucks.

Now back to shoveling snow..🙄

20240116_145908(1).jpg

Nice! I imagine they'll include the really wide Cragar S/S wheels that I had in a later Cedric/Gloria kit - they worked very nicely on a Monogram '65 Corvette I built a while back.

Today's arrival:

IMG_9289.JPG.e11e81caa1a872dfe23fc9411c9833ab.JPG

Already have one of the 240ZG kit, but I'm just about to start building it for this year's CBR and I've realised just how nicely it would build up in other ways so I thought I'd get another, along with the very well-stocked Hobby Design detail set.

The smaller detail sets are for Hasegawa kits.

And one from last week:

IMG_9260.JPG.85f393666baf36c841f7e838535ff494.JPG

Couldn't resist the newly-reissued version. My 1: 1 LS400 is taking a rest at present, it remains to be seen whether I get it back on the road before building the kit....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Today's arrival: Already have one of the 240ZG kit, but I'm just about to start building it for this year's CBR and I've realised just how nicely it would build up in other ways so I thought I'd get another, along with the very well-stocked Hobby Design detail set.

As far as I can tell from a quick mock-up, the Hasegawa front clip will fit the Tamiya kit perfectly, unlike the Fujimi one, which is noticeably bigger. So if you want to cross-kit with the Tamiya to get a short-nose 240Z with a fully detailed engine, a spare Hasegawa kit is the one to plunder... I'm tempted to go the whole hog, and mix and match the Tamiya kit with a Hasegawa 432R and the spare Fujimi engine that I didn't use in the Super Samuri to get a full detail 432R...

best,

M.

• Like 1

I got some potential parts for my Cannonballer today. Assuming it will fit, I'm thinking this twin turbo Boss 302 engine will do the trick and I'm hoping this Cobra IRS can be modified into a 2nd generation Expedition IRS.

aaaaCanBallBoss302Engine1.jpg

aaaaCanBallIRS.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/13/2024 at 12:59 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

Looks like they're there, along with another set of wheels:

image.png.ba21aad35e7b68d99cf314c5939549de.png

Black set appear to be ubiquitous Watanabes.

I don't really want another G-nose Z, otherwise I'd have been tempted to get this one as a source of those wheels.

I considered doing just that, so thanks for posting this pic. Getting a set of those nice resin Gottis to Canada will be quite expensive, so this kit seems a good deal (can always use another 240Z, and I don't have a G nose). I was wondering how good the kit wheels were. Looking at the photo, it seems the resin offerings might be a better looking wheel. I now wonder though, how does the diameter of the wheels compare, kit vs resin. I prefer them smaller, and many of the wheels in Japanese kits are quite oversized.

3 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

These are in both kits. 

20240116_163632.jpg

For those just looking for the wheels and tires, they come boxed by Aoshima as  American SS 15 inch, Item 107. The box art kind of gives it away as to the line of car models they come in.

2024-01-16b.jpg

2024-01-16a.jpg

Edited by Bill Eh?
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

For those just looking for the wheels and tires, they come boxed by Aoshima as  American SS 15 inch, Item 107. The box art kind of gives it away as to the line of car models they came in.

2024-01-16b.jpg

2024-01-16a.jpg

Funny.. I've seen that box and never even noticed it was the Nissan 330 Cedric. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bainford said:

I considered doing just that, so thanks for posting this pic. Getting a set of those nice resin Gottis to Canada will be quite expensive, so this kit seems a good deal (can always use another 240Z, and I don't have a G nose). I was wondering how good the kit wheels were. Looking at the photo, it seems the resin offerings might be a better looking wheel. I now wonder though, how does the diameter of the wheels compare, kit vs resin. I prefer them smaller, and many of the wheels in Japanese kits are quite oversized.

It seems to me like the resin wheels are a rather small 15" (what they're sold as) and Fujimi 14" tyres fit onto them very nicely.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

As far as I can tell from a quick mock-up, the Hasegawa front clip will fit the Tamiya kit perfectly, unlike the Fujimi one, which is noticeably bigger. So if you want to cross-kit with the Tamiya to get a short-nose 240Z with a fully detailed engine, a spare Hasegawa kit is the one to plunder... I'm tempted to go the whole hog, and mix and match the Tamiya kit with a Hasegawa 432R and the spare Fujimi engine that I didn't use in the Super Samuri to get a full detail 432R...

best,

M.

Thanks Matt. I can't remember if you'd said something along these lines in your recent Samuri build thread, but I reached the same conclusion over Christmas. Just some nibs that need trimming.

I'm thinking of doing a Tamiya-based Z432R too, as that's the Hasegawa kit I have, but with the Tamiya Skyline 2000 GT-R's S20 engine. @lghtngyello03 did a stunning build with one fitted here:

Edited by Spottedlaurel
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pierre Rivard said:

At my local hobby shop yesterday. Only two of them almost out of view on the bottom shelf. CAD $40 each. I don't know how they got there but now they're mine! 😃

Ferrari GTO kit.jpg

That was an excellent price for each!

Mail call today.

I was curious about the 3D printed parts from MCV Products (Mathew, from Model Car Videos), so I picked up a couple of small items.  The two air cleaners and distributors are from his shop.  

The saw was an eBay purchase.  I’ve been needing something like this for a while now.

IMG_3722.jpeg.714a28dd0341577cecbe15ae4b657fde.jpegIMG_3720.jpeg.dfc2edfc4ae52628f613c497b752504f.jpeg

• Like 3

I've been avoiding adding to the stash and seriously looking at thinning out what I know I will never build....until I stumbled on a somewhat local auction for an original Revell Herbie.  I kept telling myself 'no' but ended up caving and throwing a one time bid.  I surprised to be the high bidder but even moreso when I wasn't sniped.  I don't know if these would have been bagged inside but it appears complete and was either carefully restacked after opening or never removed from the box.

Herbie.jpeg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, HomerS said:

I've been avoiding adding to the stash and seriously looking at thinning out what I know I will never build....until I stumbled on a somewhat local auction for an original Revell Herbie.  I kept telling myself 'no' but ended up caving and throwing a one time bid.  I surprised to be the high bidder but even moreso when I wasn't sniped.  I don't know if these would have been bagged inside but it appears complete and was either carefully restacked after opening or never removed from the box.

Herbie.jpeg

Nice buy, who doesn't love Herbie?  I had a cousin who many years ago bought one of the Herbie cars that was made for promoting the show. Unfortunately hers didn't do any of the cool things that Herbie could do but it was still a fun ride.