Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

39 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I didn't find it to be particularly fragile. The bumpers/grilles I used it on held up well to normal handling and black-washing and so forth. 

I'd like to try Spaz-Stix but it's not in my area and it's expensive. Krylon foil is available at Hobby Lobby and the price isn't horrible. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn good. 

You know, I don't use an acrylic/water based wash so maybe that was my problem.  My go-to wash is Tamiya's panel marker and I may have tried using that.  But I know in my case it didn't like buffing the times I've used it, but it's pretty BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH shiny without.

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I didn't try, but I don't think so. Anytime I've tried to polish a silver paint in the past, I just get a dark gray mess.  I suspect this would be the same thing. If you want to buff something, use Metalizer. B)

OK, thanks. By the way, just found another Chevelle body for you - email sent.

23 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I think you're gonna like that Krylon Foil. I hope you have as good luck with it as I did. B)

Thanks, Snake. I actually first heard about it in your double ‘67 Impala resto thread. I’ll be using it on some parts for the ‘64 Pace Car here soon.

12 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Tyler - you could have purchased makeup applicator swabs at Walgreens for much, much cheaper.

11 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I found some good ones at an electronics supply store also.

4F3448F2-E47D-40D3-B717-75BE9DE98BC5.jpeg

Huh, I didn’t even think to look at those places. Well, now I know for future reference. Thanks much for the info, Jim and Greg.

18 minutes ago, Hotrod 97 said:

Thanks, Snake. I actually first heard about it in your double ‘67 Impala resto thread. I’ll be using it on some parts for the ‘64 Pace Car here soon.

I did a whole thread here in General on Krylon Foil and Shimmer paints. Did you see that? Good pics and info in that one. B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I did a whole thread here in General on Krylon Foil and Shimmer paints. Did you see that? Good pics and info in that one. B)

I just checked it out. Lots of good pictures and information there. Looks like I’m gonna have to find some Krylon Shimmer paints, too ?

Want to talk about rare vw kits? I really liked the amt scirocco kit but it looked really small copared to my other kits. Then this popped up on the auction site. I'll be mixing it with a revell mk1 and trying to make it into something closer to a stock body using the revell body that will be leftover from a c1 trans kit. I also got this 64 caddy built up/promo that will be getting an ls engine and big rims,

DSC05892.JPG

DSC05891.JPG

8 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

I just checked it out. Lots of good pictures and information there. Looks like I’m gonna have to find some Krylon Shimmer paints, too ?

For more pics of the Krylon Shimmer, see my thread in Under Glass about the rebuild EMPI Imp. 

Hey, drop me an email sometime: 

SnakeACP45 at AOL dot com  

1 hour ago, ranma said:

Actually I got this in the mail yesterday. It was on E Bay for Buy It Now, So I did.

68 Impala con.jpg

Very cool, but what is it? 

I'll take a crack at guessing. Judging mainly from the Turbo-Hydro trans on the BBC, could it be an MPC '68 Impala converitible with the doors and trunk opened? If so, shame there's no bumpers or hood, unless they're in another pic. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

It's not...but when I direct somebody to something I've done and posted, I also post the link.

That's part of what makes me so universally loved here.

I do too, unless it's about something with a word as unusual here as "Shimmer." Can't be that many threads about it. :lol:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...