Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up 7 glue bombs at a local antique store for $12. It looks like they are all from the mid to late sixties.  Some of you may know what they are, if you do, please let me know. The green one and blue/red one are by Hawk. 1902 Rambler, and 1909 Oldsmobile.

20220627_202042.jpg

20220627_202056.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 7:17 PM, papajohn97 said:

Hi Mike , I built this one recently which includes some of the molded parts from the Tamiya Lotus 25 along with new tooled parts from Ebbro. The best part of this kit is the machined aluminum injector stacks that are included, wish these were available aftermarket. I had a bear of a time getting the upper cowling and engine cover to fit/ fully seat onto the lower tub. I recommend doing lots of dry-fitting and tuning if your kit parts fit like mine did (hopefully yours will fit better!). The assembly and alignment of the exhaust headers was also a test.  It’s a beauty when completed and I hope someday to build another one of these along with a Lotus 25. Good luck! John

C96D9909-ED96-4391-B6EB-EAEB51A243A7.jpeg.3f333dff6bb26bf4c5a49b6b0f90d033.jpeg

ADFA469C-5D8E-461A-8F19-35CB0AB80C38.jpeg.a2aaa653fbaeba7391d8255b6333644e.jpeg

Looks awesome John!

• Like 1

Picked these up today. Parts available LOL Underneath a few are screw bottoms. Seems like they liked the 32 Chrysler. Into old planes? Check the “what did you buy” under not car related if you’re into planes.

D659CBC1-EC12-4E9C-8CCE-1E8A9D6F74FC.jpeg

3F7D552F-494E-4640-9B87-811B02C032A7.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 8:43 PM, ewetwo said:

Picked these up today. Parts available LOL Underneath a few are screw bottoms. Seems like they liked the 32 Chrysler. Into old planes? Check the “what did you buy” under not car related if you’re into planes.

D659CBC1-EC12-4E9C-8CCE-1E8A9D6F74FC.jpeg

3F7D552F-494E-4640-9B87-811B02C032A7.jpeg

Nice haul David those are cool!

This is my favorite of all the EM Series Porsches. I've never had one, before. I managed to get this one, shipped, for a surprisingly nice price!

I also got these six bundles of twenty pieces, each of .020", .032", .040", .060", .080" and .100" plastic rod. hey were less than $20, shipped! Nice!

DSC_0002cr.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

In today’s mail. Looks like fun. 

18973F67-8D0A-4CF0-BD7F-9603F00DF794.jpeg

Oh oh! A bit of a fly in ointment. My kit is missing both outer front wheels. Parts number 48. Everything else is there. I wonder why these two part missing? And only these two? I’ve never had to get replacement parts from Atlantis before. I’m curious to see how they handle those problems. 

Both of these showed up, yesterday from Ebay purchases. I also have an Advent 510 in the BRE markings. That one was started and painted. This one's pristine. When I get around to doing Lotus John's ride, I'll have a clean slate. I built one of these Monogram RSRs probably 35 years ago, or so. I still have it, but, I like the kit, and the wider-bodied 911s.

DSC_0004cr.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Oh oh! A bit of a fly in ointment. My kit is missing both outer front wheels. Parts number 48. Everything else is there. I wonder why these two part missing? And only these two? I’ve never had to get replacement parts from Atlantis before. I’m curious to see how they handle those problems. 

They are on the chrome tree ,there centerlines .

21 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

It looks like Atlantis’ service is as good as their models. They have informed me, that the replacement parts I need are already in the mail on their way to me. What more can one ask for? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

It looks like Atlantis’ service is as good as their models. They have informed me, that the replacement parts I need are already in the mail on their way to me. What more can one ask for? 

That's Awesome your getting the parts you need ,but it does not say much for the QC !

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...