Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I've been after this one for a while, absolutely impossible to find over here and not that easy to find on the U.S, but my good friend in New  York found one and sent it over for my Christmas present, once I've finished my magazine work it will be straight on the building bench, he also got me a set of Nova Yenko decals, they'll be going on the Nova Copa kit I bought recently. 

20191225_110111.jpg

20191225_110123.jpg

3 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Christmas present, it will pair nicely with the .5 version I already have and make nice compliment to my Eclipses

6VIgpV7.jpg

I bought one of those a couple of years ago and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!

I use it exclusively for painting bodies.

I use the "fan spray" tip, open the trigger pretty much wide open and run about 40 PSI of pressure.

It's an absolute dream to use!

Steve

Finally scored an AMT '71 Chevelle on eBay, one that's eluded me for years! Body's painted but the kit looks complete and a lot of the parts including the bumpers are still on the trees! Had to go to my daughter's today and was gonna be on the road at closing time so before I left I submitted a fat but reasonable bid and it held up by just a couple of bucks. Did the same thing on a nice original '66 Fairlane and that one blew by me--if I'd been here I might have been able to snipe it off, but maybe not, who knows. Oh well, I'm pretty well on my way of having one of every Chevelle AMT made between 1964 and 1972 (if you count wagons and Caminos). Merry Christmas! :D

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Had to go to my daughter's today and was gonna be on the road at closing time so before I left I submitted a fat but reasonable bid and it held up by just a couple of bucks. 

Back in the days when I got up at 5am every day, I’d be up before the family, make a pot of coffee, and go manually sniping on eBay. Got some really good buys. I figured if a seller was dumb enough to have his auctions end at 6am on Christmas morning....

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I bought one of those a couple of years ago and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!

I use it exclusively for painting bodies.

I use the "fan spray" tip, open the trigger pretty much wide open and run about 40 PSI of pressure.

It's an absolute dream to use!

Steve

It's so much smaller than the .5 version and the Eclipse , but its nice , looking forward to using it.    Mine didn't come with the fan spray tip, did yours?

Edited by martinfan5

Just now, martinfan5 said:

It's so much smaller than the .5 version and the Eclipse , but its nice , looking forward to using it.    Mine didn't come with the fan spray tip, did yours?

Yes, it came with 2 separate tips.

Round and fan spray.

Maybe it's not the exact same one.

Now that I look at it, the packaging looks a little different.

Mine is the "PS-290".

2v2uK38BLxwUbWP.jpg

Steve

53 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

This just arrived in the mail this morning. 1956 Desoto.

Cool! If you plan on building a more detailed model, you could use the interior (modifying the interior panels into 4Dr configuration) and chassis from a Moebius 1956 Chrysler 300B.

20 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Cool! If you plan on building a more detailed model, you could use the interior (modifying the interior panels into 4Dr configuration) and chassis from a Moebius 1956 Chrysler 300B.

I always wondered how it would work to graft the necessary Desoto parts onto the Moebius '56 body to create a '56 Desoto 2 door hard top.

You would have to create your own body trim, but I would guess that it would be possible to exchange front and rear clips.

Steve

17 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Yes, it came with 2 separate tips.

Round and fan spray.

Maybe it's not the exact same one.

Now that I look at it, the packaging looks a little different.

Mine is the "PS-290".

2v2uK38BLxwUbWP.jpg

Steve

I have that one too, its the .5 version.

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Thanks. Now I have to get both to see how that'll work. :D

Moebius could make it a lot easier on all of us by just modifying the '55 or '56 300 kit into a Desoto.

New body, front and rear treatments and some interior changes, and viola, '55 or '56 Desoto Firedome, Fireflite or Adventurer coupe, or even convertible for that matter.

I haven't been able to understand why they never took this next "obvious" step.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Didn't get it today but ordered the two new Ford pickups from Moebius. Modelroundup had them both. Have get them in the que right after the service truck. Gary

Edited by GRiN
misspelling

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...