Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 12/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Exotics_Builder said:

Will need some tweaking.  But I already had the Goldfinger DB5 and didn't want to "cobble" it into a stock version.  It even has the figures in it.
SAM_2431.thumb.JPG.a270cf5f04e674af12cd9f1a344e8d06.JPG

When I compared that to the DB4, there is less size difference than I expected, given that the 1:1 DB5 is slightly larger.  It will be a while before I put this on the bench, but they are getting more rare

Now that is sweet...!

I picked all of this up today. Lots of parts. A couple screw builds in there.Buick Wildcate. T-bird. Corvair. Corvettes. Lots of bodies. Don't know what I'll do with it all. Especially the bull dozer. LOL! And what the heck is that long blue model.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

3 hours ago, thatz4u said:

are you going to "hot rod" this one???

I had an angina attack just reading those words !! Factory stock is what i build, not decided on the colour yet,as I've got way too much planned before I even think of starting this one, but I'll either use the other set of wheels included in the kit, or I'd like to get hold of a set of steel wheels with the chrome hubcaps 

image.jpg

f213-dallas-68-chevelle-photo-1-1535116953343@2x.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

9 hours ago, ewetwo said:

I picked all of this up today. Lots of parts. A couple screw builds in there.Buick Wildcate. T-bird. Corvair. Corvettes. Lots of bodies. Don't know what I'll do with it all. Especially the bull dozer. LOL! And what the heck is that long blue model.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

David, buddy you have some really good models and parts. If you don’t know what to do with it box it carefully and you will down the rad. 

5 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Among many other things, you have the body of an ITC '40 Mercury convertible. If you want to build it up, I may have some spare bits, plus I've cast the hubcaps from it.

That's all that's there Chris. Just the body. No frame or anything. Would a 40 Ford fit? Thanks Tom. I had no idea what it was and have no reason to keep it. I bought it thinking I could make something out of some of them and the 49 Ford looks about it. The 57 nomad is cool but the c pillar is gone in the back. No idea how to fix that. I think the Third was a promo or did they make a kit without an opening hood? No chassis. First thing is to clean them up and get a better idea of what's there. Most will be but up for trade. Like that bull dozer and Challenger 2.

17 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I had an angina attack just reading those words !! Factory stock is what i build, not decided on the colour yet,as I've got way too much planned before I even think of starting this one, but I'll either use the other set of wheels included in the kit, or I'd like to get hold of a set of steel wheels with the chrome hubcaps 

f213-dallas-68-chevelle-photo-1-1535116953343@2x.jpg

Revell 69 Nova may have your wheels & caps....sorry about the scare those 2 words gave you....

Got some mail today. The truck rims and tires are for a revived project I am back on. I widened to kit tires myself. I thought they came out pretty good until a friend was checking out the project and and "Yeah, I can see where you widened them right there." as he pointed to the seam. So these are an improvement. Hopefully, they will seat better than the modified kit items.

Truckrimandtire-vi.jpg

This is another Monogram late 4os era balsa kit. I have three of the five now. (There are 4 cars and a boat) I'm looking for the other two- the Aquajet boat and the Terrajet land speed car. This Midjet is mint in the box. There is a mint Aquajet boat out there, but I have to see where things land after Christmas. I'll have to wait for the Terrajet to show up.

Balsasprinter-vi.jpg

7 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Good idea, I've got that kit, although I plan to use the steelies on the Nova, I can easily make a mould and cast them in resin.

I think someone (Fireball Resin maybe??) Already casts this set of wheels if you wanted to save yourself some work.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...