Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Daughters' 2018 EcoBoost Mustang with under 30.000 miles dead this morning. I put the Battery Charger on it and it showed full battery charge. Took off the charger a few minutes later and started right up. So she drives it to work, parks it, comes out for lunch and dead again.  Luckily she has free towing with her insurance so towing company picks it up on a slide back and brings it to the Ford dealership.  To  make matters worse, and this is the real irk part, they say they can't look at it until sometime next week.  Geez.

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

Daughters' 2018 EcoBoost Mustang with under 30.000 miles dead this morning. I put the Battery Charger on it and it showed full battery charge. Took off the charger a few minutes later and started right up. So she drives it to work, parks it, comes out for lunch and dead again.  Luckily she has free towing with her insurance so towing company picks it up on a slide back and brings it to the Ford dealership.  To  make matters worse, and this is the real irk part, they say they can't look at it until sometime next week.  Geez.

Did you check and/or clean the battery terminals? The connection can be just a tad loose and make a connection intermittently as well.   

I put the Wife’s summer tires back on her Jeep. I accidentally used a 13/16” instead of a 19mm on the impact when removing the first lug nut. It spun and rounded off the S/S “cladding”.🤬 I couldn’t get a proper sized socket or lug wrench on it after that. I had to use a small chisel to remove the cladding.🥵 It’s a pretty cheesy setup if you ask me and I’ll be replacing all of them soon with solid nuts.

55D8579A-0868-4BFF-BF75-F37EA4C90BF2.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, espo said:

Did you check and/or clean the battery terminals? The connection can be just a tad loose and make a connection intermittently as well.   

Oh yeah, they were clean and plenty tight. The dealership looked at it and said the battery had a dead cell. Said the factory OEM batteries only last 3 years. $220 bucks solved the problem🙄

Thanks for the advise tho David.

41 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

I’ll be replacing all of them soon with solid nuts.

Just did that with my Dodge. It was about 20 bucks for a full set of new chromed solid nuts. The nuts that were on it were swollen and rusting underneath the caps. I about used all four sides of the tire cross getting them off. I don’t see why automakers started capping nuts in the first place. 

14 hours ago, cobraman said:

Ebay flakes irk me. As I am getting older I have started to reduce my collection so maybe family doesn't need to deal with so much stuff. Anyway, in the last two weeks I have had two guys just not pay. I can relist and that's fine but why to people bid and win and then just not pay ? Flakes !

Ray, I have never understood that one at all. My neighbor sold things I have listened to hear how they knock other bidders out then don’t pay…

On 4/26/2022 at 10:14 AM, 89AKurt said:

The Crook forest fire, which had to be started by a dumb***, has grown to over 6,000 acres.  The wind has been blowing into town, the phone weather app shows gray sky, with "unhealthy air quality for sensitive groups".  It's about 10 miles from me.

I have seen so many of the trees being cut down 2000 acres of hard wood around my mothers house and I don’t like seeing it burn either.  

• Like 1

View from my shop, smoke has been bad.  Our forest fire is over 9,000 acres, but the one in Flagstaff is over 19,000 acres.  We are not expecting rain, that usually starts around July 4th.  I should clear cut my property, but the neighbor doesn't give a rats, so it would be a waste of time.  Fire restrictions in place, so no more cookouts on the grill.  Irked and irritated.

IMG_3797.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Do the authorities know with certainty what or who started it?

If it's a "who", I vote for squeezing the water out of him and throwing it on the fire.

You're being far to kind. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Do the authorities know with certainty what or who started it?

If it's a "who", I vote for squeezing the water out of him and throwing it on the fire.

Every news report on the radio, they say it's under investigation.  There was no storm the day it started, so some bonehead is responsible.  I agree with you, but can think of other methods of punishment that would violate forum rules. 😶  During the same news breaks, fire restrictions allow fires for cooking, long as I attend it, which I keep the hose ready to go next to the grill.  Next stage is more restrictive.

Came home to pick up a tool, happened to be looking out as the new USPS driver dropped a package on the ground next to the mailbox and drove away.

Last week I found one at the street end of the driveway.

Of course anyone driving or walking by (and there's a lot of walkers now who look homeless) could just pick up a box that's at the street.

(For the most part, the USPS drivers have walked up and left packages on the front porch, under cover, since I moved here in 2013.)

Last week a friend not-smartly (with no tracking-number) sent me something of value that just disappeared.

I'm stopping by the PO on the way back in to file a formal complaint.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY

I hope you can recover it Bill. I have a problem at my house as well. Most times a delivery person will leave a package behind one of my porch pillars or behind my fountain but sometime just dump it on my welcome mat that can be seen from the street. Nothing missing so far because I am home a lot and the Ring lets me know there is action in front.

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

I hope you can recover it Bill...

Thanks Ray. Amazingly the thing from my old friend arrived today, went through Las Vegas way back on April 22. Looks to have been opened and taped back up, but it arrived intact so I'm not complaining about that.

The fella who's been leaving packages out at the street...that's another story.

Doesn't really seem all that much to expect the USPS guys to put packages someplace reasonably safe. It's not like they work for peanuts and get no benefits.

this had me so mad, i actually complained to corporate chevy. i never complain about stuff to anyone. i normally just grumble, but leave it at that.

my wife needs a car and the chevy dealership had one coming in soon. i called and asked if it was still available. if it was available, can i put a deposit on it.

they said they think i can do it over the phone, but they will let me know. i said i can come in now, and they said just wait for us to call you. about 5 hours later they call back and say you need to come in and she made an appointment for me, and i said ok, but can you make sure to not sell it until i get there. she said no problem, i will tell everyone that its sold and not to sell it. i l get there early and they tell me they sold it, and the salesman bragged that they sold it for 5000 more than msrp. 

i was so mad, i said i told them i was coming now, and he was like we dont hold it unless you put a deposit, and i said, i tried at 10am and i was told not to come in until i get called, and then i told them i was coming.

corp chevy said they will share my experience with the dealership customer satisfaction person, but i dont think they care either

i dont know. i just so mad, i should have just went instead of calling i guess, but i am glad they arent getting my money

update: i just read yelp, they have a 1.5 rating, with only 1 good review the rest were 1 and 2.  i guess we dodged a bullet

Edited by MrMiles

Car shopping has changed. A lot. It's not 2019 anymore, and it may not be 2019 ever again. I hope that I don't get hit and have to spend 4-8 months driving the S-10 until I can score a replacement daily driver.

47 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Car shopping has changed. A lot. It's not 2019 anymore, and it may not be 2019 ever again. I hope that I don't get hit and have to spend 4-8 months driving the S-10 until I can score a replacement daily driver.

i got lucky with my new ranger. i looked online at the colorado and there was  only one really far away it was base model. i looked at the ranger online and filled out some stuff on ford site. the dealer 2 minutes from my house called me and told me they had a cancelled special order, so i went the next day and i fell in love with it and bought it that night.  the colorado was my dream truck and i ended up liking the ford more.  shocked me. 

i just hope we can get lucky with finding one for my wife

Edited by MrMiles

Fast Food Tastes...

Daughter bought us dinner tonite as she was too tired to cook. She got as "Mexican", from a place that rhymes with Paco Smell.

What is it with this American Obsession with drowning their food in wet, messy  sauces and condiments? With this place it is Sour Cream. With Hamburger Places it is drippy Catsup and Mustard, and some times Mayo. None of these add to the flavor of the food. Instead it just makes it harder to eat, and ruins shirts. Tonite a "Chalupa" Exploded on me, spreading Sour Cream down the front of my new shirt. Now I have a Ruined Shirt, and half my dinner spread equally between my shirt, the table and the floor. Makes me so Angry. Yeah, it is a "First World Problem" and I really am grateful for Cheap, Fast food when my daughter is too tired to cook,, but why the *&$# is including Sour Cream the the default, instead of making it an added extra?

Rant Over......

Got to spend another wonderful day in the ER , thought it was a pinched nerve in my lower back ( been fighting it since Thursday when it put me on the ground ) , turns out it's a strained muscle . After a CT scan and the Dr telling me I have a back that's worn out 🥵 , I went through 3 rounds of anti nausea drugs , morphine and muscle relaxers , I felt pretty good . 😎 Now I'm waiting to go pick up my new meds and see my GP to see if anything can be done for long term relief .

Getting old sucks .