Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

The roads are open in the Berkshires!  :)

_Roadside%20Berkshires%20DSC2480_zpsyluuMike,

We did an east coast vacation last October. I must say that The Berkshires are some of the prettiest country I have ever seen.  Yes, we visited the Guthrie Center and Stockbridge. Couldn't go that far from home and not visit the home of the best folk song ever!

We did an east coast vacation last October. I must say that The Berkshires are some of the prettiest country I have ever seen.  Yes, we visited the Guthrie Center and Stockbridge. Couldn't go that far from home and not visit the home of the best folk song ever!

Arlo still lives here in Washington on farm up in the hills. I used to see him where I stopped for morning brew.

Saw a Buick Grand National sitting in front of the window tinting shop in town. It was covered in dust and dirt like all get out. it had just been hauled there from a barn a couple states over.

• 3 weeks later...

Down the road in our village today. 

My first ever car-ride was in my father's Hudson, a light green '48 - on the way home from the maternity ward, January 1950.

This is the first Hudson I've actually seen since then.

HudsonHegi%202_zpsfv907oz4.jpg 

Edited by peekay

Driving on the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Turnpikes daily, I see a lot of old cars being transported.  Last week on the NJ Turnpike there was a flat bed trailer that had a first gen RX7 and a 1963 Nova hardtop, both needing complete restorations.  I also saw a '41 Lincoln on a car transport trailer headed west on the PA 'pike. This week I'm pretty sure I saw the same car headed east on another trailer.  

Took a drive toward the Sonoma (County) coast area north of SF yesterday.  The rich guys auto club got there ahead of me.  Saw a Ferrari California Berlinetta, immediately followed by a Mclaren 570.  Within a minute a Ferrari 360 then a 308 (or variation).  Lastly a nicely used but not abused Dino 246.  All the others impressed me but the Dino warmed my heart.  Naturally except for the Mclaren (orange) all the others were Resale Red.

Tried to get a better pic of this.........looks like a modded up Pantera with some serious flares and rubber underneath! This was on Rte. 283 West in Lancaster County PA. I eventually was able to catch up with him down the road (we were cookin'!) to get another pic, but dang if my phone was in video mode, and the pic came out super blurry! :(

There are some local car shows today, so that may have been where he was headed. That engine sounded reeeaaally nice when he originally went past me!

56520028456883-vi.jpg

Not today, but in the past week. 1969 Mustang , 1970 Cougar ,  both looked like a mild pro touring style drivers ( both sounded wicked I might add )

Same day, In the mall parking lot near where my daughter works , a REALLY nice 61 or 62 T bird with the sports roadsters fairing on it and this car was NICE

Yesterday was pretty decent looking bright yellow Karmin Ghia hardtop ( no idea what year it was )

So it was the annual Racing For The Cure weekend here. Some downtown roads closed off, and people pay $50 to go for a rip in the passenger seat of an exotic car. Downtown full of Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Maserati, Audi, and tons more. Dozens or exotics, all allowed to drive fast. ANd raise a ton of money for cancer research. Needless to say, saw some amazing stuff.

THe cops brought their car out. That's an Ultima GTR behind it.

racing_zps8zjd5pfm.jpg

Surprisingly, the Saturn was NOT part of the event. Go figure.

racing%2002_zpsngjz2v8f.jpg

A Felina CB7. Was shocked to see one of these.

Felino%20CB7%20-%20001_zpss4qji096.jpg

Look at the bodykit on this Maserati. I drool.

Maserati%20-%20001_zpsgcfprxsw.jpg

I would guess that, in this day and age, the paint job is probably a wrap and not real paint.

Could be a wrap, but since the owner takes this to different truckshows where custom paintjobs are part of the score they get i think it is real.
There are a few showtrucks used daily over here that all have real paint and not wrap, ( i know the owner of one)
I can post a pic of that one if anyone wants to see it
But if i were a truckdriver i would never get behind the wheel of one, imagine being the first to accidently scratch the paint on it

Edited by PierreR89
Apparently i cant spell...

So it was the annual Racing For The Cure weekend here. Some downtown roads closed off, and people pay $50 to go for a rip in the passenger seat of an exotic car. Downtown full of Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Maserati, Audi, and tons more. Dozens or exotics, all allowed to drive fast. ANd raise a ton of money for cancer research. Needless to say, saw some amazing stuff.

THe cops brought their car out. That's an Ultima GTR behind it.

racing_zps8zjd5pfm.jpg

Surprisingly, the Saturn was NOT part of the event. Go figure.

racing%2002_zpsngjz2v8f.jpg

A Felina CB7. Was shocked to see one of these.

Felino%20CB7%20-%20001_zpss4qji096.jpg

Look at the bodykit on this Maserati. I drool.

Maserati%20-%20001_zpsgcfprxsw.jpg

That Mustang looks like something the Decepticons would be driving.

Something you don't see every day, a Bricklin. He was changing the door weatherstrips.

IMG_5796.jpg

The guy down the lane from me has a Bricklin..Red like the picture but not in as good condition..Looks to have been beaten on in its life..He kinda runs a body shop out of his lower half of his house..Which isn't legal in our neighborhood but he's caused no trouble yet..He's actually been a good neighbor..