Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Spotted this homemade aero Toyota pickup on I-40 passing by Williams (last town on Route 66 that was bypassed by the Superslab).  Couldn't wake up the phone fast enough to get the front, which has a Studebaker "jet intake", and the hood slopes up to the lower third of the windshield.

1172087791_AeroToyotapickup.jpeg.6a9b5c94e55a4f1ce061f96645268892.jpeg

Sorry, no pics but I saw a Ford F150 diesel that sounded like it had a huge supercharger under it.
It was lifted and otherwise stock-looking except the huge tires and wheels.
The only place I've heard a blower whine like that was at the track on a gasoline engine.
What beautiful sound!

On 7/31/2023 at 8:47 PM, CabDriver said:

Parked at work today:

IMG_1587.jpeg

Had a buddy that I commuted to work with many moons ago that had a similar "Flintstone Emergency Brake" portal in the passenger footwell of his Toyota pickup, covered with 1/4 inch plywood.  Only his was a naturally occurring-rust.  I made him pay me for the gas and we used my car for the most part.

Edited by The Junkman
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

Had a buddy that I commuted to work with many moons ago that had a similar "Flintstone Emergency Brake" portal in the passenger footwell of his Toyota pickup, covered with 1/4 inch plywood.  Only his was a naturally occurring-rust.  I made him pay me for the gas and we used my car for the most part.

I suspect this little truck is pretty well ventilated - in addition to the floor gaps, it doesn’t have any windows whatsoever

I still wanna drive it when I get a chance tho…

On 8/5/2023 at 1:21 AM, Suburban_Hooligan said:

i saw the fast and the furious in 2001.

seriously though, form what i could tell, it looks pretty clean.

IMG_20230803_160705150_HDR1.jpg

that looks like a japanese import, the bumper and fenders are for sure as the euro and us versions had fog lights instead of air vents. it might shock you how much those bumpers cost now

• Like 1