Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 12/30/2023 at 4:40 PM, Roger U said:

Someone spent probably a couple thousand dollars on suspension components, wheels, and tires to lift this up to increase the ground clearance. Then, spent several hundred dollars more for that trailer hitch. 

It's all about the macho image!  :) Pretty funny - good catch.

I SAW these the other day, parked behind the "LHS".  The silver Outback is pretty cool too.

The E30 seemed tiny, especially compared with what passes for 3-series these days.

IMG_20240104_154627548_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240104_154644237_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240104_154656657_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240104_154710139_HDR.jpg

Edited by sfhess
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocketman455 said:

Seen this today in Anderson, IN.  At a car lot20240110_102658.thumb.jpg.11abcf9c3b6a369060b31563a4be954a.jpg

Nice looking Nova. This photo illustrates well just how small older cars really are. There seems to be the notion, even among car enthusiasts, that old cars are big and heavy. A couple years ago I was travelling down a busy four lane road, two lanes of traffic coming towards me. Among the traffic was a car much smaller than everything around it. Still a way off, I couldn't identify it right away, except I could tell it was old. As it got closer, I saw it was a '59 Chevy four door sedan, with its little 15" wheels and skinny tires, looking positively tiny in the sea of modern SUVs and cross-overs. I just couldn't get over how small it looked.

terrible pic (thank you sun glare and lady who seemed weirded out that i was taking a picture of a car, making me work fast) but Lamborghini Huracan.

also saw a 64 Chevy, not sure what trim level,  didn't get a super good look.  don't think it was an Impala.  hopefully its still in that driveway tomorrow.

IMG_20240110_161412569_HDR1.jpg

20 hours ago, GT350 said:

Saw this last week. 40 Ford pick up(?)

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

Amazing condition for being in Hawaii that long. One thing I noticed on my few visits to these beautiful Islands is that local cars living near the ocean rust pretty quickly. 

Had to pull my EV into a liquid energy dispensary to get a PIC of this really nice mustang. The guy driving it said he got it for his son to drive to high school and had it built in AZ. He would not adopt me, but he was a really nice guy.

IMG_4828-vi.jpg

• Like 1

Rotten day for a drive (well, rainy which passes for rotten in Calif 🙂) but the wife was getting cabin fever.  In Napa Valley (Calistoga) a Maserati GranTurismo coupe with a strong sounding engine and a very clean black Buick Grand National.  On the way out of Napa in the Carneros area (awesome Pinot Noir) I passed a ranch and saw a parked- and half covered with a tarp- dark orange Bricklin.  Haven't seen one in probably 25 years