Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Looked at your Location and it seems you do "USA" :rolleyes:. There is a down side - It's an 80 mile round trip for decent Beer! The upside is I tend to stock up so there's no hurry to head back to town!

1-12-2015Fridge_zps515af278.jpg

I live in an area that is so awful that I am ashamed for anyone to know that I live here, so I just listed my location as USA.

Saw 4 current Rollers in traffic--black and silver blinged out Phantom on chrome 24 inch wheels, white Ghost, dark blue and silver Phantom Drophead Coupe, and a dark red and silver Wraith (the oh-so-sweet fastback coupe). Also a white Aston Martin DBS V12 coupe.

20150331_142337-1_zpsij7ffooe.jpg

Why would they need a hotel room? That truck looks like it would have more interior space than your average double-occupancy room.

Sleeping room for 6 people and room for a quarter sheet of plywood in the back!

20150331_142337-1_zpsij7ffooe.jpg

Sleeping room for 6 people and room for a quarter sheet of plywood in the back! Could also make a few bucks driving people to the airport!

Yesterday on my way home from work a white Porsche Panamera passed me on the freeway. Today my wife and I were at the local garbage/recycling place and a very nice restored red 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS rolled up behind us and ended up following us out as well. Don't know for sure what engine, but if I had to bet, I'd say it had a 396 under that Cowl Induction Hood. Of course, I forgot my phone. So, no picture.

Spotted a really nice Healey in the lot at work today, as well as a Shelby Z Daytona at the tire shop when I went to pick up my 200 on my lunch break........with 225 section width tires and a plate that read "Q N Cudly" ......if it is anything like my Lebaron GTS Turbo was, it could as cute and cuddly as that wizzed off grizzley bear that you're trying to wrestle :D

I knew they all had vinyl tops; I didn't know they were all black. Maybe there was a mod top or two out there...

I remember the first Superbird I saw, parallel parked (!) in the Highlands in Louisville, KY in the early 70's. The one thing that caught my eye was the spoiler with the Road Runner logo.

When I was a kid living on the Pirmasens, Germany US Army Post (1969-72) there was one Superbird. US supplied gas on post was rationed with ration coupons since it was much cheaper than buying it at a German gas station. I remember my father laughing that the guy was begging coupons from the guys who had VWs and didn't drive much!

I wonder what ever happened to it.... was it sold there or shipped back?

Edited by Tom Geiger