Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

44 minutes ago, TonyK said:

I've had good experiences dealing with Japan model suppliers also. And was surprised at how fast I'd get my orders as you said.

I was worried about possible extra fees such as from customs. I contacted our post office with no luck so I went into the deal blindly. I was surprised there was none. That set in motion the confidence to go forth and make the other purchases I had to have! Like the song says.. I think I'm turning Japanese-A..😉

3 minutes ago, A modeler named mike said:

I was worried about possible extra fees such as from customs. I contacted our post office with no luck so I went into the deal blindly. I was surprised there was none. 

"Toys" are generally import duty free...especially to individuals.

Importing a container load might be different.  :mellow:

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

There was a car crash near my house last night and luckily for me it was a 90s car so now i have a load of free orange and red transparent plastic, and my neighbours think i'vw got great communiity spirit for cleaning it up. I just wanted some modelling materials for free

Edited by stitchdup
really bad spelling
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, stitchdup said:

There was a car crash near my house last night and luckily for me it was a 90s car so now i have a load of free orange and red transparent plastic, and my neighbours think i'vw got great communiity spirit for cleaning it up. I just wanted some modelling materials for free

Lol.. Now that's thinking outside the box! Dang I'm learning something new everyday from you guys.. 

• Like 1

Actually was Tuesday the wife was let out of the hospital!

She suffers a type of heart failure and it snuck up on us. Her COPD had been getting worse but they weren't sure of the cause and that doctor referred her to the cardiologist who looked at her tests and said they say no changes.

Our old Primary doctor kept telling her to lose weight that yhat was the problem but she was barely eating and gaining weight.

The new Primary we have sent her to the ER laast Friday because she was swelled up like a balloon around her middle but hardly anything in her legs hands or feet. They put her in and found she now had fluid in her lungs and what the family doctor and others thought was just fat was water weight!

3 days in the hospital on IV diaretics and she put out over 25 pounds worth of fluids!

She walks all over now without getting short of breath where before just getting out of a chair would make her breath hard!

It just came on so slow over the past year that no one really noticed!

Did med changes and sending out home care for physical therapy and dietary training (no more salt!!) plus having her come regularly to a heart failure clinic from now on.

15 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

She suffers a type of heart failure and it snuck up on us. Her COPD had been getting worse but they weren't sure of the cause and that doctor referred her to the cardiologist who looked at her tests and said they say no changes.

Our old Primary doctor kept telling her to lose weight that yhat was the problem but she was barely eating and gaining weight.

The new Primary we have sent her to the ER laast Friday because she was swelled up like a balloon around her middle but hardly anything in her legs hands or feet. They put her in and found she now had fluid in her lungs and what the family doctor and others thought was just fat was water weight!

3 days in the hospital on IV diaretics and she put out over 25 pounds worth of fluids!

She walks all over now without getting short of breath where before just getting out of a chair would make her breath hard!

Did med changes and sending out home care for physical therapy and dietary training (no more salt!!) plus having her come regularly to a heart failure clinic from now on.

Read what any and all side effects there may be for whatever Meds your wife has been prescribed by the Doctors. The pharmacist receipt should have a read out of possible side effects on any prescription they give you. Doctors always seem to think that their patients couldn't possibly have a reaction to whatever thy have prescribed but they are often wrong or don't want to hear about your side effects. Don't ask me how I know. 

• Like 1

This week went quite well. Besides putting in some good hours at work, I had my blood pressure checked by my doctor at my local VA clinic on Wednesday and the both of us quite pleased. It's been the lowest that he and I have seen in months. Despite that, he's put me on blood pressure medication  for good. I don't mind at all.

Balmy 9 degrees....wind chill negative 5.  Wife was sure the hand me down 2003 Durango wouldn't start.  Turn the lights on for a few seconds, turn them off and my youngest turned the and the 4.7L roared to life like it was the spring!  

Durango.jpeg

Just now, bobthehobbyguy said:

My irk was from last week. 

I ended up in the hospital Thursday. I was slow to getting an issue with severe edema(I had a weight gain of 70 pounds that was from water retention in a period of 3 months). That really throws the body out of wack. Being that waterlogged messes up ones sodium balance which can be a big problem. Definitely need to be more diligent in the future and avoid making that mistake again.

So yesterday I got out of the hospital. My health issue have improved. From Jan 2 till Jan 18 my weight dropped from 299 to 282. I need to get back down to around 210-215 ; I was feeling really good then. 

Definitely happy to be home and away from the chaos of the hosipital.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I ended up in the hospital Thursday. I was slow to getting an issue with severe edema(I had a weight gain of 70 pounds that was from water retention in a period of 3 months). That really throws the body out of wack. Being that waterlogged messes up ones sodium balance which can be a big problem. Definitely need to be more diligent in the future and avoid making that mistake again.

Man, that must have been scary. Glad you're getting better, and good luck in the future.

On 1/11/2024 at 7:15 PM, OldTrucker said:

I have been dealing with round 3 of this.

First time around was one of my meds was causing the edema. I had the same type of. Reaching issues becuase of my copd. Had some fluid in lungs. I knew my weight gain was not from over eating.

For round 2 I didn't have the breathing issues but my feet were real puffy and ankles couldn't be seen. That turned out to be a result of a mild bleeding ulcer caused by low dose aspirin since my heart attack in 2014. My primary realized that becuase he'd had another patient with the same issue. No blood in stool or urine and no stomach related issues. Getting off the aspirin helped.

Latest has been back to breathing issues becuase of the water retention. The stay at the hospital and the extra strength.lasix are definitely helping. However it is something that will take time. If this is done too quickly I will have a other set of problems.

I got to go to a car show with my best friend and his car guy son. The show also had a model show that I displayed some recent builds. I won 1st place in the Factory Stock Class with Jade (65 Bonneville). Then I came home to my awesome wife and had beef stew made from scratch that had many ingredients canned from her/our garden. It was a good day! 😃

Jan 2024 Model show.JPG

• Like 5

I was cleaning out the closet in my bedroom on Saturday when I came across a small white box model cars are mailed in that was way in the back. When I opened it, a silver Johan AMC AMX promo rolled out of it and into my hands. I thought that I lost it when I moved to my current place years ago. With it, my model car and truck collection now stands at 127. It's among my favorites. 

• Like 1

I had back surgery Wednesday, and last night was the first night I made it through the night without waking up in crazy pain and bothering my poor wife. She's the best, and I don't know what I'd do without her. My whole family is pitching in to help with everything which is great but nothing makes me feel more worthless than having to ask for help. Anyway, I think it's starting to get better.🤞 No walker or cane today so far.👍

• Like 2

Coldest night since I've lived in the sunny South, 10 deg F outside, 42 deg F in the house, but the frost patterns covering the entire window in the unheated bathroom this AM, with the rising sun shining through them, looked like spectacular prism art crafted by fairies.

There's always something of beauty to be thankful for if you're open to it.   

• Like 6

A great day. Had a follow up visit with my cardiologist.  Great progress with my edema. Weighed 262 that is down from 299 pounds(January 2). That is almost 4 and half gallons of water. It makes a huge difference in how I feel on several fronts. Just the weight loss combined with everything not having to work so hard. Not getting as winded walking from point a to point b.  Still have a ways to go but will take time. This has to come along at a measured pace as going too fast and I can have issues. Will update in a couple of weeks when I have another visit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

A great day. Had a follow up visit with my cardiologist.  Great progress with my edema. Weighed 262 that is down from 299 pounds(January 2). That is almost 4 and half gallons of water. It makes a huge difference in how I feel on several fronts. Just the weight loss combined with everything not having to work so hard. Not getting as winded walking from point a to point b.  Still have a ways to go but will take time. This has to come along at a measured pace as going too fast and I can have issues. Will update in a couple of weeks when I have another visit.

Man, that’s great Bob, keep getting thos goo reports!

• Thanks 1