Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

3 hours ago, slusher said:

Snake, my wife bought the giant pack of Charmin at Walmart but other things are not in the food section we use like ball park hotdogs. Walgreens has been having tp also. There was a commercial on television from Charmin that they was producing more  because of the country’s situation...

Oh I'm good on TP for the moment. I ordered a case off Amazon a month ago and haven't even opened it yet, though I'll probably be doing so in the next few days. The Lovely Mrs. Snake has been down at our daughter's for the last three weeks helping take care of the grandbaby, so the house usage is down, fortunately. 

I was going playing around with the camera on my new iPhone since it supposed to take great night pics.

Well, I was not expecting this!

Shot this at 8:25pm with no flash as the sun was nearly set in the west with the cars being pointed east for reference.

CC7E6CCC-F626-4BFA-93FB-DFB77D279424.jpeg.e1a0f57def4141e7be71a24b54e0c27f.jpeg

Then I shot all these after 10pm last night, no flash once again and the lighting from the houses and moon being the only light sources other than the 200’s running lights when I tried with those on.

098AFD81-E2EA-461B-A1CF-5FDD5739930B.thumb.jpeg.3424febbb623833a703a05d042460034.jpeg

5375CAE4-41F4-4DE7-8E9A-FF9C946A5CF2.thumb.jpeg.dd051b0a0c6cdaebd629f9392fe5c1b7.jpeg

3AE456E1-0E94-49F9-9E0A-8F2ADD4E730F.thumb.jpeg.e862b9c995eaf1ba988830256caa7a08.jpeg

2D38FDEC-7285-4CF9-A49C-10C3ED77333D.thumb.jpeg.310dc8d9cab206a9d87427edb22c835c.jpeg

66506992-9E87-4B16-89AF-F7C033A720B4.thumb.jpeg.394f1d6958c28b5b36d882bdf372b417.jpeg34870E2A-8AF2-4512-B46E-17D0FE9D5272.thumb.jpeg.5710e38c1ae0ac23761bcdfcc5d8d3e2.jpeg

Keep in mind, I haven’t edited these in any way, only posting them here and on my Instagram just like they are here!

34ECAC3D-D00D-4F65-9D87-0E6A626D3C12.jpeg

Edited by Joe Handley

In salute of the first responders to the COVID-19 pandemic, A-10s performed a flyover Indianapolis May 2, 2020.   (not my video)..They came in from Terre Haute, made the 465 loop and out 64.

Took my teenager and we made the 90 minute drive over to Franklin, IN to see these.  It's nice to see them at Wright Patt or just one flying in an airshow, but when do you get to see them in formation and not be the 'target' for the 30mm machine gun on front of it!  Although the wife is a RN, this isn't her thing so it was just a guys trip.

1 hour ago, Joe Handley said:

That moron's house if going to get burgled.  ?  Thanks to people like that, don't get me going.....

Re: iPhone camera, my digital Nikon hasn't been used for ages, I have a real telephoto lens that is superior to my iPhone5 digital zoom, but that's about it.

13 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

That moron's house if going to get burgled.  ?  Thanks to people like that, don't get me going.....

Re: iPhone camera, my digital Nikon hasn't been used for ages, I have a real telephoto lens that is superior to my iPhone5 digital zoom, but that's about it.

They ended up selling the TP for cost per roll as well as provided for friends and family before then.

I have a camera I haven’t used in ages due to my Galaxys as it was......this won’t help that any! 

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Agreed Joe! The iPhone camera can do more than the best digital camera I ever owned! It was nearly dark when I took this photo of the creek in my backyard running hard after the rains a few days ago

017CE3A4-66B8-43D3-A9F4-0963758A0DEF.thumb.jpeg.4028caed618f5482ad96005ff0e314f3.jpeg

See, now I would have thought that was taken on an overcast day, not nearly dark!

This camera is amazing, couldn’t believe how good it does in low light. Funny thing too, Dad has been waiting for the iPhone 12 to drop so he can replace his 6 and has kinda been chomping at the bit prior to buying my phone, so needless to say, he’s wanting the 12 more than ever and I don’t think pics like ours will help this, especially now that the release has been delayed a month or more due to Covid 19!

5 hours ago, HomerS said:

In salute of the first responders to the COVID-19 pandemic, A-10s performed a flyover Indianapolis May 2, 2020.   (not my video)..They came in from Terre Haute, made the 465 loop and out 64.

Took my teenager and we made the 90 minute drive over to Franklin, IN to see these.  It's nice to see them at Wright Patt or just one flying in an airshow, but when do you get to see them in formation and not be the 'target' for the 30mm machine gun on front of it!  Although the wife is a RN, this isn't her thing so it was just a guys trip.

Gotta love that A-10 whistle/whine! You hear them coming long before you see them! B)

I went foraging for essential supplies today. The good news is the grocery had RIBS!  First time in awhile, so I bought two meals worth. And Walmart has the little 3 oz paper cups I use for paint and other duties in the model room. I was all out.

Both stores had their paper aisle stripped clean! I told my wife that another month or two and we’ll have to poop on odd / even days!  And my kingdom for some Testors Dullcote!

I have always made fun of my wife's obsession with having a large amount of TP and Paper Towels  in the basement. She is sort of a closet "Prepper" type.  That is until the resent turn of events. We went to Costco yesterday  for some household supplies and the had our Bounty Paper Towels. We were nearing the end of our supplies at home so I thought I was being polite by only taking two of the packages so I wasn't hording and there was another palette of towels and no signage as to quantity restrictions. We get to the check out and you would think we had killed some one on isle 12. We were informed in no uncertain terms that the limit was one only. The fact that there was no signs to tell us that didn't matter and we got dirty looks from the staff all around. 

2 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

My June issue of HOT ROD finally arrived. It's almost a month late. 

This week Scale Auto and Vintage Truck magazines hit my mailbox. Yea!  There are times magazines just sit and there are times like these when I have all the time in the world!

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

This week Scale Auto and Vintage Truck magazines hit my mailbox. Yea!  There are times magazines just sit and there are times like these when I have all the time in the world!

Yeah, I heard some people got the new SA, which means I'll prolly see mine near the end of next week. :unsure:

Got my "stimulus" check today. Not that pleased, as it means that something is about to go wrong with the car, or a major appliance is about to die. Ain't it always the way? How do they always know? :unsure:

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Got my "stimulus" check today. Not that pleased, as it means that something is about to go wrong with the car, or a major appliance is about to die. Ain't it always the way? How do they always know? :unsure:

That is not always true. Buy something you want...

On 5/10/2020 at 10:36 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Like food!  I noticed my local Walmart is sold out of TVs of all sizes. 

Local Supercenter had people buying the biggest television they could when the checks came in. That’s not what I ment when I said buy something you want. I ment a model...

2 hours ago, slusher said:

Local Supercenter had people buying the biggest television they could when the checks came in. That’s not what I ment when I said buy something you want. I ment a model...

I did mean it when I said “Buy food”!

If needy people took that $1200 and spent $100 a week on groceries, they’d be good for 3 months. But unfortunately people don’t think that way.  

4 hours ago, slusher said:

Apparently a bunch of people are spending their stimulus checks on eBay, buying up the same stuff I'm looking for, if recent prices are any indication....:angry: