Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

35 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

And watching the coverage, your NY governor Andrew Cuomo is on now. I had never noticed him much before, but he is really a decent guy leading in this situation. He just talks in normal tones, explains himself with no political airs. I’m now a fan.

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! :lol:

59 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Agreed. The weather sucked here too yesterday, a day you were happy to be stuck inside,  Today is better, I may go outside for some yard work later, just for some physical activity.

And watching the coverage, your NY governor Andrew Cuomo is on now. I had never noticed him much before, but he is really a decent guy leading in this situation. He just talks in normal tones, explains himself with no political airs. I’m now a fan.

Tom, I agree with everything you said about Cuomo. We are not shut down yet but if we do here in Tennessee I have plenty. Take it from a guy who is home a lot. I have movies, series, models, model magazines, and can take a drive to see my mother. I don’t get bored..

A feel good moment is all this!

Was just talking to one of my Daughter-in-laws who went shopping after work the day all heck broke loose in the stores!

Said the meat dept was cleaned out and a lot of other things she need as she was trying to do their regular shopping for the week.

Needed toilet paper but seen the sheves were almost empty and you could not get into the crowded aisle if your life depended on it!

She had just turned down the next aisle when she hear someone yell "go long" and she saw a big pack of Cottonell TP sailing through the air! It hit the heating duct and deflected off it and almost landed in her cart!

It did end up in her cart too!LOL

Hearing that made my day today!LOL

9 hours ago, slusher said:

The Governor shut schools until April 24th, I feel my son and grand children are safe at home then in school.

My guess is most will end the school year doing their work from home.

They were having a meeting here with the educators about that .

5 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

My guess is most will end the school year doing their work from home.

They were having a meeting here with the educators about that .

That’s my guess because there’s just 3 weeks until summer vacation after April 24th..

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 8:42 PM, misterNNL said:

I actually paid $ 1.27 for unleaded gas today! I never thought I would see that price again.

Last time I bought gas that cheap I was thick of hair and thin of waist, unlike now. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

Last time I bought gas that cheap I was thick of hair and thin of waist, unlike now. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

I saw on Dayton,Ohio TV  that a Marathon station there has it for 99.9 Cents a gallon this morning!Like you say that was" long ago and far away when I wore a younger man's clothes"

15 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I saw on Dayton,Ohio TV  that a Marathon station there has it for 99.9 Cents a gallon this morning!Like you say that was" long ago and far away when I wore a younger man's clothes"

You know thinking about they way the world is right now with very few or at least largely reduced number of cars on the road using far less gas this may be having a major impact on all of the oil companies. The other issue, and I'm not trying to be political here so check on these things on your own and form your own opinion on this. My understanding is that the Saudi Royal Family and the members that control their Oil Interests and Russia are kicking dust on each others shoes over the price of oil. We might as well start hording gas since we can't find any TP. That was a thing years ago during the gas shortage in the early to mid '70's. We're seeing a buck and a half for regular and I'm astatic about the price, just can't go anywhere right now. 

On 3/23 I posted That I was able to buy gas for $ 1.27. Well yesterday I bought it for $ 1.05 at a local Shell station. Gotta love that! Not going anywhere but the tank is topped off and ready to roll.

Edited by misterNNL
Misspelled work

10 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

All the tree cutting and trimming Around my neighborhood is FINISHED.

Kind of a shame it ever began! We had to cut a big old tree down in our back garden, I still miss it.That tree was rotten and it had to be chopped for serious safety reasons (if left to it's own devices it would have wrecked a large part of our house), but to cut down trees for the sake of 'landscaping' or 'for a better view' is frankly criiminal. 

10 minutes ago, DonW said:

Kind of a shame it ever began! We had to cut a big old tree down in our back garden, I still miss it.That tree was rotten and it had to be chopped for serious safety reasons (if left to it's own devices it would have wrecked a large part of our house), but to cut down trees for the sake of 'landscaping' or 'for a better view' is frankly criiminal. 

If the tree was bad to begin with and it would wreck part of your home, your homeowners insurance wouldn't cover the damages as I found out through my insurance agency.

13 minutes ago, High octane said:

If the tree was bad to begin with and it would wreck part of your home, your homeowners insurance wouldn't cover the damages as I found out through my insurance agency.

Ouch! Did your place get hit?