Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Here my newest 3D project. A Corbitt D800Q43 A first prototype was printed The green one is an old AITM Corbitt TG25.
  3. Great thread. Just wanted to note that there are two (decal variant) versions of the Monogram Mustang - the Motorsport one you depicted and the Miller version. A good opportunity to show off the one I built last year, I guess:
  4. If Sean manages to get it all together (it's already painted and mostly assembled beyond those raw photos) in time it should be at NNL East tomorrow.
  5. Board members here are among the most knowledgeable people that you'll ever 'kinda' meet............
  6. Today
  7. Looking forward to this one. I assumed it would be out in April like now 😂 I'm getting a little bored with the ford trucks though, this body style is having a problem with warped hoods in all the recent kits.. wish they sell just the wrecker bed on its own.
  8. This is my first next gen car,these decals were a monster. Thank God for micro sol.the pink net was for a different idea.
  9. I decided against the belt as not really visible. If it were more exposed, I would have done some more research. Makes me think of maybe getting another one for a future project where it is being refurbished. But I have so much in the stash and so many ideas, I don't know. I REALLY DO appreciate your feedback and info.
  10. Finished this one up tonight, looks good on the shelf but lots of flaws. Struggled with the paint, had to redo it in a few spots. The decals were a challenge as well. Ended up using 3 different sheets, the stock ones that were 30 years old, the unknown brand 1/25 scale ones for the side Valvoline and rear, and the Powerslide 1986-87 valvoline decal sheet. I love the paint scheme on this car though.
  11. Wet sanded, polished, detail painted the body and started installing the LED wiring wiring harness. Also started making a scratch built outside rear view mirror.
  12. If you do any kind of photography at all, I recommend Lightroom. Yes it's a paid monthly subscription- I pay $10/mo and to me it is worth every penny. I've tried all the free ones, GIMP, RawTherapee, the photo editing software that came with my various Nikon cameras, etc. Windows 11 photo editor is even worse than 10!
  13. '80s guy that I am, I always favored the Group 5 widebody look, and in a quick internet search for 'phantom' images, I came across this one 1:1 custom: https://chevroletforum.com/articles/group-5-racing-inspired-1972-chevy-c10-is-a-truly-next-level-build/
  14. I look forward to seeing this build. As for using the Dyno Don Comet, it might be an option but unless you go to the auction site, it seems hard to find.
  15. Salad days are behind a lot of us who post on this board.
  16. I'm hoping for improvements/further variants of both the rounded line truck trucks (2WD would be sweet!) and the OBS trucks (bench seats please!).
  17. Is it just my faulty old eyes, or does that median resemble a potential Dukes of Hazzard launch ramp for fast downhill folks?
  18. Do you have a link? Nothing comes up for me on FB.
  19. Instead of laying the mold down on a flat surface, I carefully clamped the two halves of the mold together and stood the mold on its side with 1 & 2 parallel to the ground at the top and injected the resin into 3 with a syringe until resin came out of both 1 & 2 the air that was being trapped would have been forced out of 1. Hopefully you understand my explanation. I think that it is likely that I will be casting more parts in the future so I have started collecting parts to make a vacuum chamber and a pressure pot. nothing flash just a hand operated automotive vacuum pump and an old pot with an acrylic lid and the pressure pot made out of 100mm PVC pipe with screw on ends and a bike foot pump.
  20. The rad will need a little putty on the corners - not too much …
  21. Re Renshape - the brown Renshape has medium density - so it is subject to scratches on the surface when you shape the part - not a big deal - just prime - that will reveal the scratches - a little more sanding - and then paint / treat like resin to finish …
  1. Load more activity