Model Cars Magazine Forum

New added to Round 2

ranma

Well, almost unbuilt. Obviously untreed. I've glued the 3 piece hull together, those seams look like easy ones. The deck is a bit warped but that looks like an easy fix too. The very nice decals are from Cartograph and include instrument faces. 7 faces for 5 instruments, I'll figure that out when I get there,

DSCF4029.JPG

By the way. How did you get the Coronado? Every website I've check out this weekend says it's not available yet. Including the Round 2 own Auto World site.

Mixing topics in a thread will get you inappropriate responses. Sorry, but the topic was new added Round2, then Coronado. Is Miss Budweiser coming from Round2.

No but the Miss Budweiser boat was brought up here. And a picture with the boat and an old AMT Allison engine beside it. I think that makes it fair game.

Yeah, I mistook Tim's relevant trailer photos for boat photos and ran with the pic of Miss Bud. At least my Soaked Al's Special is on the trailer. I should repost  about the Coronado in "All the others" 

The windows are pre-cut acetate and include the portholes.

I pre-ordered from Tower about a month ago. Love Tower Hobbies, especially since moving to this little burg

Miss Bud would be an awesome subject for rerelease, this is the only one I've ever seen.

Edited by samdiego

Stuff the Allison in the Coronado. Wish anyone would bring Miss Bud back. 

Airfix Mustangs have a really nice Merlin. The Allison was a good motor, but the Merlins did much better in the Mustang than the Allisons did. Pretty sure that particular Miss Bud U1 had a Packard Merlin in it. 2 stage superchargers made them amazing at many altitudes. Few Griffons were in Spits.  

Allisons have 12 exhaust ports per side, seen in the display motor and in this slightly different U12 Miss Bud with an Allison in it 

Way off topic, sorry, but cool. 

Also found nice pic of a Merlin in an early wood hull Miss Bud. Last pic. 

vvvv.jpgChelan-5.jpg

Edited by keyser

OK, I can safely say, that the Coronado IS the Boat kit I built way back when!!

But, does this re-issue have the vinyl tube to run from the exhaust manifolds on the engine to the outlets in the transom??

Mine Still has those

Also what about a piece if string to coil and place on the deck or in/near a seat as Rope?

Again a detail my Old issue had

Wish I still had that box!!!!

I do have ONE of the chrome side window frames

Never could recall what it was from til seeing the pic's of this kit!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't see anything on the list I don't already have unopened multiples of that interests me. Still find it strange that Round 2 is releasing Lindbergh kits under the AMT label. Maybe just getting back for all the '34 Ford pickup kits Lindbergh turned out,.?

BUT, it would be nice if they released the Starliner with ALL of the parts and pieces as a 2 in 1 kit this time. It might just result in selling more kits overall than just a stock or restomod would.

Edited by horsepower

Well, looks like after hitting a number of Home Runs in last quarter 2016, Round2 has given over the Modeling budget to Revell in First quarter 2017. Nothing on that Round2 list engenders any excitement at all in me. But, that's OK. I've been  spending a lot more than planned this year on Round2 kits, so it will all even out later.

And yet another year goes by without a release of the 71/72 MPC Plymouth Road Runner model that they absolutely should find a way to reissue.  Bad tooling or not.

Lame.

Edited by drksd4848

A couple of good ones I'm glad to hear coming. AMT's 1/32 1965 Mustang Fastback. Very cool. I'm still wait for the '60 Thunderbird and '63 Corvette in that series to reappear. And the MPC Vending Machine is high on my list. I'm hoping somebody will make Moutain Dew decals to fit that one.

I hope the Vending Machine kit comes in its original style box art. That last version was pretty lame and the fact that the Coke decals where gone made it worse. 

And if I remember correctly, that Garlits car was not that great of a seller back when it was issued the last time. Hope it sells better this time around. I am surprised they have not brought back any of the fuel altered kits. 

Still find it strange that Round 2 is releasing Lindbergh kits under the AMT label. Maybe just getting back for all the '34 Ford pickup kits Lindbergh turned out,.?

I believe Round2 made a decision to put the newer Craft House era kits like the '61 Impala, '53 Fords,  et al in the AMT line going forward to keep the Lindberg stuff the CLASSIC Lindberg Line kits (mixed with at least the IMC A-100).  It's not a strategy I disagree with since there's a little chunk of kit catalog there that was as good as anything else being made in the 1990s that routinely gets overlooked because of how many people have been burned by various old Pyro & IMC kits when all that stuff kept showing up at Ollie's.

I believe Round2 made a decision to put the newer Craft House era kits like the '61 Impala, '53 Fords,  et al in the AMT line going forward to keep the Lindberg stuff the CLASSIC Lindberg Line kits (mixed with at least the IMC A-100).  It's not a strategy I disagree with since there's a little chunk of kit catalog there that was as good as anything else being made in the 1990s that routinely gets overlooked because of how many people have been burned by various old Pyro & IMC kits when all that stuff kept showing up at Ollie's.

Which makes their decision to keep the '67 Olds Cutlass 442 and '66 Chevelle SS396 under the Lindberg label even more confusing IMHO.

A couple of good ones I'm glad to hear coming. AMT's 1/32 1965 Mustang Fastback. Very cool. I'm still wait for the '60 Thunderbird and '63 Corvette in that series to reappear.

I'll add the '32 and '40 Fords to that list (2018 and 2019 release?). It'd be cool if they made early-'60s style box art for the '53 Ford (and even better if they tooled up a bunch of vintage custom parts!).

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Well it looks like we are going to get some more vintage box art full of junk and pay a big price for it. It just looks like to me that if Moebius and Galaxie can have new kits tooled that Round2 could at least have one or two kits a year tooled of some vintage cars. They have several new tool kits that are nice kits but nothing since Round2 has owned the MPC AMT brand.   

And yet another year goes by without a release of the 71/72 MPC Plymouth Road Runner model that they absolutely should find a way to reissue.  Bad tooling or not.

Lame.

I must agree....:huh:as much as I am a true Round2 AMT/MPC  follower and buyer, that is a pathetic list of up and comings....unless some surprises are lurking around the corner...let's hope so....the Ace...:(

A couple of good ones I'm glad to hear coming. AMT's 1/32 1965 Mustang Fastback. Very cool. I'm still wait for the '60 Thunderbird and '63 Corvette in that series to reappear. And the MPC Vending Machine is high on my list. I'm hoping somebody will make Moutain Dew decals to fit that one.

I"ll get at least one of those Mustangs, and would buy at least one 1/32 Corvette, too--two if it's a coupe and I'll make a roadster out of the other one. They'd look great on a 1/32 model airplane shelf, or maybe next to my 1/32 tanks.

The only other thing of any interest to me on that list is the VW Gasser. I want to chop the back of the body off and make a pickup out of it.

Which makes their decision to keep the '67 Olds Cutlass 442 and '66 Chevelle SS396 under the Lindberg label even more confusing IMHO.

I also recall a lot of Lindberg stuff ending up at Big Lots maybe 10(?) years ago.  Chances are hobby wholesalers and buyers might remember that too, making the Lindberg label a tough sell.

Applying the AMT label to Lindberg kits was initiated with the Lawman Plymouth which came after the SS396 and the 442.    

That makes sense to me. Even as a kid I had a bias against Lindberg kits many of which were already ancient kits even then. I now understand that Lindberg's catalog is all over the place, some very nice even when compared to the latest kits, and some awful even by the standards of the time they were first issued.

I don't think the average modeler really grasps the concept of tooling, as I've lost count of how many threads I've seen over the years declaring xyz company is terrible based on their experience with a "new" kit that was tooled in 1961.    

Anyway it seems like a wise move to put the "good" Lindberg kits under the AMT name and keep the "classics" under the Lindberg name. 

Well it looks like we are going to get some more vintage box art full of junk and pay a big price for it. It just looks like to me that if Moebius and Galaxie can have new kits tooled that Round2 could at least have one or two kits a year tooled of some vintage cars. They have several new tool kits that are nice kits but nothing since Round2 has owned the MPC AMT brand.   

I take it you haven't seen the new 2016 Camaro kits, or read any of the reviews or threads about it.