Model Cars Magazine Forum

New added to Round 2

ranma

I find it interesting to note the Munster Coach has been renamed Barris Koach... licensing issues?

No reference to the TV show.  Those kits were sold in a box like that for most of the Seventies (a staple item on K-Mart shelves, along with the '57 Chevy and the Red Alert Chevelle!).  No reference to the Munsters because the show wasn't in reruns everywhere.  The original box gave both cars different names: the dragster was the Overtaker, I forget what the Munster Koach was called even though this came up in a conversation a couple of weeks ago.

I guess they are avoiding the studio licensing with the Munsters kits (weren't they released a few years ago in a set and individually?).  Another one I noticed that was new to me is a reboxing of the Lindberg Dodge 330 Color Me Gone in AMT retro style packaging.

Edited by Rob Hall

I bought the '49 Ford when it first came out in 2008. One of the very first Tom L. / John G. kits. I did not NEED a '49 Ford but got one anyway, to support the company.I'll be in for one of these too, if only for the Decals and Tyres. This kit is supposed to have a set of the same newly tooled slicks as the Mod Rod kit. That Owens Boat will be a keeper to, even if the tooling is over 60 years old and somewhat crude. I've got a Monogram Bass Boat trailer that I can modify to put it on.

The two Lindberg boats look interesting...what scale are they? 

Those are ex-Palmer kits.  They're being called 1/25 scale now (not sure what Palmer called them).  The Coronado supposedly measures out at around 1/27 or 1/28 scale, but should look okay with a 1/25 scale car.  I'd bet there's not much difference in the true, measured scale between either of those boats, and a '59-'60 annual Cadillac, Lincoln, or Imperial kit.

The original Palmer kits didn't include trailers, from what I have heard/seen.  Scratching or modifying something to work shouldn't be too tough.

I know nothing about the Lindberg show rods....does any know,how build,parts count,how well they build....stuff like that....thank....Chris

with effort, they can be nice but the plastic tires/wheels are lame and though they are supposed to be 1/32 scale I doubt they are true to that metric.