Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Model A coupe in white

Rocking Rodney Rat

3 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Man that looks terrific. I'm really gonna miss seeing your work at the MAGS shows.

Thanks for the kind words. MAGS last show in Tampa was this past April. they decided to pull the plug on it. Mike Alvarez is vowing to pick it up for next year and I hope he does. The MAGS guys always did it up right, but after two decades they got burned out on it.... -RRR

21 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Very cool! I like the changes--the chop looks much better now, and I dig the QC and engine kitbashing. Nice remote oil filter too:D

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the remote filter. that engine is set up for a remote filter and since a filter would have interfered with the steering I figured I had to go the remote route. Unfortunately, there wasn't much room for it. Gotta love "through the frame" wiring and tubing.... -RRR

On 6/4/2018 at 9:03 AM, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Gotta love "through the frame" wiring and tubing.... -RRR

I noticed that too. I hate running fuel lines, oil lines etc etc, so just dumping them into the frame is a compromise that appeals to me. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

It's great when someone bumps these threads and you see a model that somehow you missed originally.  That colour is sooooo creamy - I love it.  It is tough to get an even shade of white over a car with many separate components, - you have done a masterful job on this one!

Cheers

Alan