Model Cars Magazine Forum

That's a good kind of problem to have Steve.  We should all be so fortunate. 

It's also nice to hear of a good kind of problem on here instead of some more of the darker stuff in the past few years.

I'm shure you'll figure out a fitting solution to the problem. 

Very cool thing to happen Steve....there is still some great kind people out there that can think of others too.   As you know in 2011 I lost 75% of my stuff in the tornado and many of the rest got damaged and will need hard to find parts before I can save/restore what is left of them.   I use to have some really nice old Mopar kits and promos between me and my dads old stuff....nice to hear a good positive thing happening in this world today.

42 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

There are some very kind, helpful, and generous guys here on this forum (they know who they are)

Treating kindness for kindness, this world would be a lot better if we were in competition to "outdo each other in generosity"

Yes there are many very helpful people here - like you: Thanks for those Good Year Wrangler tires!  :D

I'm sure you will make the right decision.

But I agree if your sure you will never build it, either pay it forward or trade for something you will build.

On a similar note  a couple years ago a good friend of mine gave me a sealed Ramchargers Challenger funny car. ( broke the outside seal but it remains sealed inside )

The car is not accurate to  the 1/1 so odds I will will never build it. But would feel bad if I sold or traded it off. So it will stay on my shelf . My heirs can decide what to do with it someday later ,,,MUCH later I hope

Edited by gtx6970

17 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

There are some very kind, helpful, and generous guys here on this forum (they know who they are)

Treating kindness for kindness, this world would be a lot better if we were in competition to "outdo each other in generosity"

I couldn't agree with you more Patrick....I have had a couple here help me out before and it made a world of difference to me...nothing is easy these days and I know there is others in my leaking boat here and Im glad to help if I can.

I haven't read all the posts here, there are quite a few suggestions. Here's mine:

I personally would be wary of a Pay it Forward, it seems to get argumentative.

At one time I had a want ad up looking for a particular pickup truck. A member here sent me one that he had been working on that he wasn't going to finish. He paid the shipping. A while later I was looking to trade for some kits. A member here wanted one of my kits but had nothing to trade me for it. The kit meant a lot to him so I shipped it to him as a thank you to the member who sent me the pick up.

If you trade models here, one thing that may work is to put the kit you got in the background of one of your trade pic posts. Someone who is extremely interested will ask about it I'm sure. One thing is all who have read this post will be looking for a mid 60s Mopar in the background now.

1 hour ago, DPNM said:

I haven't read all the posts here, there are quite a few suggestions. Here's mine:

I personally would be wary of a Pay it Forward, it seems to get argumentative.

At one time I had a want ad up looking for a particular pickup truck. A member here sent me one that he had been working on that he wasn't going to finish. He paid the shipping. A while later I was looking to trade for some kits. A member here wanted one of my kits but had nothing to trade me for it. The kit meant a lot to him so I shipped it to him as a thank you to the member who sent me the pick up.

If you trade models here, one thing that may work is to put the kit you got in the background of one of your trade pic posts. Someone who is extremely interested will ask about it I'm sure. One thing is all who have read this post will be looking for a mid 60s Mopar in the background now.

I really had no interest in making this an all out "pay it forward" thing where the recipient would be expected to pay something forward as well.

I just want to basically give it away to someone who will keep it and build it with no expectations beyond that.

I've been toying with the idea of just adding it to my latest thread in the trade section just to see what shakes out.

I have a few individuals in mind who I have dealt with in the past whom I respect immensely & are highly interested in this sort of kit, and would likely keep & build it.

The problem is that these are the same individuals who are the most likely to already have one!

I don't know, maybe I should just post it up in the trade section as a sort of "prize" for the best reason why I should give it to you! :P

But, as you say, I don't want to make it into a spectacle!

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

26 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I really had no interest in making this an all out "pay it forward" thing where the recipient would be expected to pay something forward as well.

Having been one of your recipients. ........your kindnesses has touched many!

....just a thought......what about " as an award " for someone whom has been an intricate part of an NNL of your choice?

Edited by Khils

1 hour ago, Lunajammer said:

Is there any rush? I have a feeling if you hang onto it, you'll know when the right person comes along. You seem to be fairly connected to builders of like mind.

No.

No rush.

But it's just one of those things that kind of sits there in the back of my mind & distresses me. :P

Steve

6 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I do.

I know several.

That's the problem.

I only have one to give! :)

Steve

Hang onto it, keep mum, and when the right person makes the right request - lay it on 'em!!

That would make it fun for you and a thrill for the recipient. 

Just an idea.

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Hang onto it, keep mum, and when the right person makes the right request - lay it on 'em!!

That would make it fun for you and a thrill for the recipient. 

Just an idea.

That's probably the best approach that I've heard so far. :)

I just want to be certain that I don't stash it away & forget about it.

Steve

I have no doubt you'll find a worthy, loving home for it. There are a lot of great builders on this board and I'm sure you know who would really appreciate whatever it is. B)

And by the way, this falls into the category of Good Problems. B)

8 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I just built one not too long ago.

I have way too many subjects that I haven't yet built to get interested in building another one.

Steve

Well... wait a while. :) Once you've built a couple of those other subjects going back to one you've already built can be a nice project.