Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Ridler winner

OK, who's going to be the first to try this?  I have one I started a couple of years ago on the same idea.  Ghostbusters body with the front end of the Monogram El Dorado grafted on for the engine bay.  Roof from the Street Fighter drag car, narrowed to fit.  It's been long stalled but I may have to bring it back to the bench with this inspiration!  I was going for a Cadillac version of a Nomad.

2019 Ridler winner.jpg

SAM_1802.JPG

SAM_1922.JPG

ECTO-3.jpg

45 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

I'm looking at the 1-1 and I'm thinking "I hope they've got hydraulics on that thing because the only way to access the lug nuts to change a flat would be to take the fender off."  Cool job

I was thinking that too, maybe they are solid tires?  :P

Looks like a cool subject, wish you well on completing!

From what I've been able to find it looks like the car was in a collection, therefore possibly in nice condition. The roof was from a Pontiac Safari (rarer than a Nomad) supposedly took 12 years to build. I think they could have used a more common model as the basis for this custom since almost everything that made the Pininfarina body unique has been erased.

No difference than guys like John D' Agostino and Richard Zocchi who cut up some really nice low mileage collector cars. Some were nice however this Cadillac does nothing for me. Those body styles have a certain sleekness despite the fins and the roof just looks tall and clunky on it. I love customs but it still pains me to see nice restored/original or rare cars sliced up unless they're beyond hope.

Edited by Phirewriter

On 3/9/2019 at 8:21 PM, gtx6970 said:

Although I can certainly appreciate the work it takes to achieve this level build.

IMO, the roof line doesn't work with the body lines of the car itself

I have to agree with you gtx.,I mean I know it's an incredible car.Its just not my thing.I have to agree with you on the roof lines.