Baja Bandito      Reissue

1957 Ford sedan Gasser 2n1  new parts

Ford GT Lemann's 2017   new

1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda    new parts

1970 Pontiac Firebird     1/24 Reissue

1976 Chevy Sport stepside 4X4  Reissue

#71 Spritcar world of outlaws Kevin Swindell  new decals  Reissue

5cb2a9b4c087a_ATEMP-2019REVELLISSUES01_JPG_8fd79d44bad5f71d3e125262a1255d59.jpg

If what's pictured is what's coming, they're going to get some $$$ from me. At least one AAR Cuda, 2 or 3 1970 Firebirds, and probably at least 3 of the 1986 Monte Carlo SS. Looks like I better start saving!!

Homer Woohoo.gif

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

I'm excited about the Aar. I know we were all suspecting it, but it's cool to see it is going to happen. I also like to see that the TA is back, and will have to get one of those. 

I really like the box art!!!!

Is that sprint car coming? I might want to get one of those. 

I'm curious to know where this model display occurred.  (Maybe the NNL Milwaukee yesterday???)    

Having said that, it appears totally legit to me.  The AAR project was nearly completed before the Hobbico debacle, as was the '57 Sedan Gasser (which required more tweaking to the base tool than you might imagine, as it turned out).  

In fact, the AAR was originally planned for a 2017 debut but was sent back for further work/refinement.  I've not seen the result (nor do I know exactly what the refinements might have been) but I am very anxious to see the result.   

Thanks for posting!  TIM 

PS - now we need to get after Revell to finish fixing the '30 Five Window Coupe Hot Rod tool and get THAT back on the market!!!!  TB 

52 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

I'm curious to know where this model display occurred.  (Maybe the NNL Milwaukee yesterday???)    

Having said that, it appears totally legit to me.  The AAR project was nearly completed before the Hobbico debacle, as was the '57 Sedan Gasser (which required more tweaking to the base tool than you might imagine, as it turned out).  

In fact, the AAR was originally planned for a 2017 debut but was sent back for further work/refinement.  I've not seen the result (nor do I know exactly what the refinements might have been) but I am very anxious to see the result.   

Thanks for posting!  TIM 

PS - now we need to get after Revell to finish fixing the '30 Five Window Coupe Hot Rod tool and get THAT back on the market!!!!  TB 

Yes, Ed Sexton brought this display to NNL Milwaukee yesterday.

22 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Well a couple I want for sure. I do hope Revell corrected the fender lips on the Cuda. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice.

All that and the back window area  ?

Edited by Mr mopar

Hopefully the AAR 'Cuda has the correct-sized tyres , even if they're "blank" no-name . Wonder if it's got any options ? Be nice if it had period-correct custom wheels and tyres , etc .

Lovely to see that '86 Monte SS back in the mix , too ! I remember how much excitement that that kit brought me when I saw it in late '85 / early '86 on the shelf at the hobby shop ! The mid-late 80's were definitely a renaissance period for Monogram ; the Monte and the T-Bird Turbo Coupe (late 1986 issue of a then-new and newly-redesigned T-Bird) were leaps and bounds above anything produced by a U.S. manufacturer at that time . Perhaps "dated" by today's standards , but the proverbial bar was raised when those two kits were released over 30 years ago .

The other kits are also a welcomed return . I haven't seen nor built that wild V.W. Bus kit in at least 40 years (where's the Mojave Mule Chevy LUV ?) ; that 1970 1/2 Trans Am is a must have ; and that 1976 Chevy pickup is one of my all-time favourites ---- so long as it's not that pile-of-dung Revell version .

I found the pic on someone's Facebook post.
Shame that nobody that was actually there, shared it here.
I know some won't take photos at these things; "Somebody else will".
Not always. I wish the photos were more clear.

1 minute ago, Rodent said:

I have one eyebrow raised over the 70 "Firebird". I hope that it won't be missing the Trans Am graphics like the Road Runner was missing its.

The 2006 reissue just says Firebird, doesn't show Trans Am lettering on the box..never had that version, don't know if the graphics were complete or not.

Just now, Rob Hall said:

The 2006 reissue just says Firebird, doesn't show Trans Am lettering on the box..never had that version, don't know if the graphics were complete or not.

I still have the original issue that I haven't built yet, so I probably won't get this reissue. Didn't know that about the 2006 reissue. I am sure that someone in the aftermarket will give us correct decals though.

Well now that they're finally making a Gasser out of the '57 Ford itself instead of the wagon, we can finally build what was the "no brainer" car from this arrangement in the first place.  Given that the car was working on by the guys at D&M in Downers Grove, who also did the '62 Corvette Gasser that Revell did.  I'm like the last person in the world to build a Gasser, but this is something I've always liked the looks of from the first time I saw it, and was harshly disappointed with the first "57 Gasser".

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/1957-ford-gasser/

IMG_00841.jpg.2c9c04e10fc25881b404af50830f3f7a.jpg

I'm glad to see Revell's stuff coming back. Even though the only kit I'm remotely interested in from the above is the '76 Chevy truck. I say remotely because if I remember correctly this kit can only be built as a modified pickup? And not anything close to stock. I hope I'm wrong on that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what follows. Hopefully the rumored '57 Ranchero everybody, including myself, seems to want. I hope the rebooted Revell does very well in this country. It was sad to lose them for the short time we did. 

And I too am glad to hear Ed Sexton is back. I think he's done a great job with Revell in the recent past. 

10 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Thanks for posting!  TIM 

We talked about this before Tim, but I really hope on this issue they fixed the wheel well and roofline gaffes. Not a huge deal, but it can make what's a nice kit that much nicer.

26 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

I'm glad to see Revell's stuff coming back. Even though the only kit I'm remotely interested in from the above is the '76 Chevy truck. I say remotely because if I remember correctly this kit can only be built as a modified pickup? And not anything close to stock. I hope I'm wrong on that.

I'm pretty sure this one can be built stock although it does have some common '70s style 4X4 add-ons like the roll bar, brush guard and off road lights. Even the stripes shown in the pic are a factory option. 

You may be thinking of the Revell kit with the strait axle front end, that couldn't be built stock.

Edited by Can-Con