Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

I finally opened my two kits. No real surprises in either one of them. Bodies have that brushed metal look, almost like they have been pre-sanded. No damage, and no flash on either one. Tires are plain black in both kits...no sidewall detail.

I look forward to having enough room on the bench to start one of these.

I was finally able to get one yesterday at HL. The first store only had an empty space on the shelf where it would have been. The second stop I found either the last or only one they had. The kit it's self looks great and no real problems at all that I can see. Now this is only my personal feeling and I'm sure there are those that would disagree, but I still think the front of the hood wear it drops to the leading edge is to sharp of an edge. Again this is just my opinion. The only mold parting line I can see so far is at the rear edge of the trunk lid and the rear fender caps and not any greater than what you would find on almost any kit. The bodies finish is just as others have described and almost as if they had pre sanded it. In fact on the trunk lid again this time at the point were it starts it's down turn looks as if they had all but removed a parting line there. Anyone with even the most remote interest in the '67 Impala 4 door Hardtop should pick one up. 

21 hours ago, alexis said:

Lee, the fact that you got tampo printed tires, shows that there are at least two runs of this kit. Those with, and those without. This could also explain why some kits have flash, and some 

Guys,  I'm sorry.  Senior moment for me. I forgot I threw a set of replacements  into my box. My kit had the black walls. Man getting older sucks. There was a day my mind was sharp as a tack. Not anymore.  Sorry for the misinformation. ?

Edited by Classicgas

6 hours ago, alexis said:

Over on the 'other board', some buyers of this kit note they have gotten Big'n'Littles in their kits. A whole bunch of differences on tires in these kits, that's for sure!

I need to scrounge a set of Redlines for my build.

The rear tires are a little bigger than the front.

I got mine from Amazon today for Father's day... I opened it immediately and ran upstairs to mock up this "Hot Rod" look... I'm really impressed with this kit... I've got some ideas for the ole girl... How much fun would it have been to have this as a Drivers Ed/ Student drivers car?

20200621_183337.jpg

On 6/21/2020 at 8:41 AM, alexis said:

Over on the 'other board', some buyers of this kit note they have gotten Big'n'Littles in their kits.

Here's what the wheel and tire related parts should look like, best I can tell:

SNImpalaWnT.jpg.b425518d183647b0af14a3a063848949.jpg

Edited by Casey

34 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

odd that they include non brand tires

Probably because the idea is to present a product of authenticity and since the TV car never had white wall/lettered tires (that I can recall) then most likely is the reason that the model doesn't either. I believe that this kit will eventually become a different subject matter and we'll probably see white or red wall tires maybe white letters too... 

25896090038_large.jpg

44 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

odd that they include non brand tires, unless it was from a price setting point one license too many.

Not many kits get lettered tires these days . Round 2 is one of the better ones as far as providing them , but as a general rule , I count on plain blank tires in my kits 

I had to drop off my car at the dealership this morning, so I dropped by The Hobby Lobby That I Never Go To Because It Is Out Of The Way and did my first official Senior Activity since turning 60 last month. I went in between 9:00 and 10:00! They had two of the Supernatural Impalas in stock, merchandised right next to the SS hardtop, in the slot marked for the 70 SS Chevelle. I grabbed one, put it under my arm, and pulled out my phone for the coupon. I started thinking about what it would take to make it a decent replica stock, and put it back. Maybe I will wait until we see what the second iteration of this kit will be and grab one then.

9 hours ago, disconovaman said:

Probably because the idea is to present a product of authenticity and since the TV car never had white wall/lettered tires (that I can recall) then most likely is the reason that the model doesn't either. I believe that this kit will eventually become a different subject matter and we'll probably see white or red wall tires maybe white letters too... 

25896090038_large.jpg

Next Version will be a Coke Cola!      Sorry, Just had to!

11 hours ago, RomanII said:

Al's car looks good.  Maybe we will get photoetched script sets in a few years with names of all series, Biscayne up to Caprice. 

I doubt it, considering Model Car Garage already included Biscayne nameplates on their '67 Impala fret:

d76f2e3c2ec1a7dc9fb64b2542cf9d29.jpg.016f6013ac25fe815579ce529d7bd6b2.jpg

15 hours ago, Sport Suburban said:

Next Version will be a Coke Cola

Probably, but honestly I think they have over done the Coke thing. On the other hand... I did just get the Coke Willys... I'm really excited about the kit... I really like the boxart on the side (the all white version)...  So a Coke version with green or red tinted glass and redline tires, Cragers and the SS option would be ideal!

20200621_162606.jpg

17 hours ago, Rodent said:

I started thinking about what it would take to make it a decent replica stock, and put it back. Maybe I will wait until we see what the second iteration of this kit will be and grab one then.

Wheels,  easily obtained.  And yes body is devoid of scripts, that's the  hardest thing. Yes, front seat does not match rear pattern but it's a 67 impala seat. Mine will be built as restored stock.