Model Cars Magazine Forum

Review a Movie!

Snake45

Wife and I headed out to see a movie. When we arrived we discovered that somehow the time was not correct. Wife thought it was my fault. ( probably was, I looked on Thursday and weekend times were different ) Anyway , there was only one movie that started in less than an hour so we figured we would give it a try since we were there. That movie was the new Spider-Man. Just my opinion but it was not a very good movie. Way too long and the story line was strange. I also thought it was made just to see how much CG they could stick in one movie. Your thoughts could be different. However there was a bright spot. Across the street from the movie theater is a Portello's. A  dipped roast beef sandwich was way better than the movie !

58 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Wife and I headed out to see a movie. When we arrived we discovered that somehow the time was not correct. Wife thought it was my fault. ( probably was, I looked on Thursday and weekend times were different ) Anyway , there was only one movie that started in less than an hour so we figured we would give it a try since we were there. That movie was the new Spider-Man. Just my opinion but it was not a very good movie. Way too long and the story line was strange. I also thought it was made just to see how much CG they could stick in one movie. Your thoughts could be different. However there was a bright spot. Across the street from the movie theater is a Portello's. A  dipped roast beef sandwich was way better than the movie !

the storyline makes more sense if you watch the loki tv series but there were hints in far from home about the new marvel path of interlinked universes. now disney are in control they're forgetting some people just want to watch a movie as a one off rather than a whole convulated series of movies/shows that interlink together.

6 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Not getting the props right!

In Hannover Square, Harrison Ford was playing the part of a serviceman in London during WW2. A Routemaster bus was used in one scene. Not made until much later.

Plus which, USAAF didn't operate B-25s out of England in WWII. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I went out and saw Moonfall .  Stars Halle Berry and Patrick Wilson . It’s a sci fi movie about the moon going out of its orbit . Ya, it’s been done . Anyway , if your into special effects and disaster movies this one is not too bad .   Without giving anything away the reason it happened is different than what you may have seen in this type of movie . Not for everyone but it kept our interest . But it is way out there !   

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Wife and I went out and saw Moonfall .  Stars Halle Berry and Patrick Wilson . It’s a sci fi movie about the moon going out of its orbit . Ya, it’s been done . Anyway , if your into special effects and disaster movies this one is not too bad .   Without giving anything away the reason it happened is different than what you may have seen in this type of movie . Not for everyone but it kept our interest . But it is way out there !   

i saw this movie previewed on Good Morning America.  Made me think of the movie Armegeddon.  I can’t see Hallie Berry making this a great movie..

Never said it was a great movie Carl buddy. The wife likes her so whats a guy to do ?   In other news.... I watched a movie on HBO called " Nobody ". It's a 2021 movie. Listed as an action/thriller. It starts with a home break in where the husband/father does little to nothing to help stop the two people even tho he could have. Soon we find out this man is bad son of a you know what and he gets involved with other bad people. It's been done but an ok movie if you like the shoot em up type and want to see the good guy win in the end. Not for everyone. 84 percent on Rotten Tomatoes if that means anything to you.

• Like 1

The lovely Ms. L and I watched The Meyerowitz Stories on Netflix. Don't let the all star cast fool you.

Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson and more, what could go wrong? It's almost two hours of Sandler and Stiller talking scene to scene to scene about how their misguided dad (Dustin Hoffman) has filled their lives with anxiety and empty hopes. Basically almost two hours of writer/director Noah Baumbach putting to film his therapy sessions. Over an hour in and with a long 45-minutes still left we pretty much didn't want to hear it anymore. If you love to watch great actors portray a family commiserating about their deeply seeded frustrations, this is it. By the way, the movie poster below are the action scenes.

Meyerowitz.png.607a1bbc120cad88b6bd399c7e4cf5de.png

Edited by Lunajammer

8 hours ago, cobraman said:

Never said it was a great movie Carl buddy. The wife likes her so whats a guy to do ?   In other news.... I watched a movie on HBO called " Nobody ". It's a 2021 movie. Listed as an action/thriller. It starts with a home break in where the husband/father does little to nothing to help stop the two people even tho he could have. Soon we find out this man is bad son of a you know what and he gets involved with other bad people. It's been done but an ok movie if you like the shoot em up type and want to see the good guy win in the end. Not for everyone. 84 percent on Rotten Tomatoes if that means anything to you.

I totally understand. I ment no harm buddy, I just got a good everything about it on GMA.  Halle Berry was miss Ohio…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Saw two new (to me) movies this week on Netflix. 

1. The Nice Guys. Action-comedy-noir film set in 1977. Reminded me in some ways of LA Confidential, Chinatown, Big Lebowski, Paper Moon, and maybe some more. Russell Crowe seems to be channeling John Goodman. Worth watching just to spot cool cars, which included late-'70s Firebird and Z/28, '68-'70 Toronado, '78 Corvette, '66 GTO, and an Avanti (:blink:). Entertaining, worth the time, and SnakeworthyB)

2. Day Shift. Action-comedy; think Ghostbusters meets Fearless Vampire Killers. If there's not quite enough violent action in the Matrix or John Wick or zombie films to suit you, then this is your movie. Not many cool cars, but a hella car chase sequence. A few cool guns, too. High point of the movie might be Snoop Dogg laying waste to a whole warehouse full of vampires with a M134 minigun (:blink::blink::blink:). It's not for everyone, but a certain type of viewer will really enjoy it. I am such a viewer. If you are too, it's entertaining, worth the time, and Extremely Snakeworthy

Snake out. B)

On 2/16/2022 at 5:26 PM, Lunajammer said:

The lovely Ms. L and I watched The Meyerowitz Stories on Netflix. Don't let the all star cast fool you.

Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson and more, what could go wrong? It's almost two hours of Sandler and Stiller talking scene to scene to scene about how their misguided dad (Dustin Hoffman) has filled their lives with anxiety and empty hopes. Basically almost two hours of writer/director Noah Baumbach putting to film his therapy sessions. Over an hour in and with a long 45-minutes still left we pretty much didn't want to hear it anymore. If you love to watch great actors portray a family commiserating about their deeply seeded frustrations, this is it. By the way, the movie poster below are the action scenes.

Meyerowitz.png.607a1bbc120cad88b6bd399c7e4cf5de.png

This is one that I don’t have to worry about.

I would never have even attempted it.

Don’t like Adam Sandler, and Ben Stiller even less.

Strike 2.  😊

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

If you have Netflix, watch Trainwreck: Woodstock ‘99. 

Even though, Rome is only 10-15 minutes from my home and remember it but didn’t attend it. Never knew the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH that went on during those 3 days. A total opposite of the original Woodstock in ‘69. Michael Lang and the other clown are total idiots.

I was recommended a movie called Threads. Kind of like a fact based horror movie of what a nuclear apocalypse would look like if it actually happened. Set in Great Britain around the early 80's. Gives a very chilling look at what might have been if the Cold War turned hot. I'm usually not the type that gets squeamish, but this movie made me a little uncomfortable. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:44 AM, Snake45 said:

Day Shift. Action-comedy; think Ghostbusters meets Fearless Vampire Killers. If there's not quite enough violent action in the Matrix or John Wick or zombie films to suit you, then this is your movie. Not many cool cars, but a hella car chase sequence. A few cool guns, too. High point of the movie might be Snoop Dogg laying waste to a whole department store full of vampires with a M134 minigun (:blink::blink::blink:). It's not for everyone, but a certain type of viewer will really enjoy it. I am such a viewer.

Found the Snoop Dogg scene on U2be. Let's see if I can make it play here: 

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to seeing Battlefield Earth. More plot holes than a sieve, and technical gaffes most 5-year-olds would catch, but it has its moments. Travolta really should have busted a couple moves from Saturday Night Fever in his alien costume though. Then there would have been no doubt the whole thing was a joke.  B)

I watched a movie on TV catchup a few weeks ago named 'The World's Fastest Indian'. 

t was quite a heart warming film about an eccentric old guy played by well known actor Anthony Hopkins living in his old  workshop shed in New Zealand and building up an old Indian Motorcycle to attempt the world speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats. It was a nice movie that built on the character being motivated and having to fund himself to travel half way around the world. He worked his passage on a freight ship, and coped with not being street wise in LA whilst on his journey.

Anthony Hopkins also played the part of the late Donald Campbell in a TV production about attempting the World Water Speed Record at Coniston Water in the early 60's.

Edited by Bugatti Fan
  • Like 1