Model Cars Magazine Forum

LINDBERG Ford 1953

happy grumpy

Another ford 53, I wanted to re create a model that a neighbor had back in the 60's. I tried to reproduce the color as I remembered it. I took a picture as reference. Not quite exact but that's the closest I could get with the colors I had. Tamiya acrylics for the body, TS 7 racing white for the top. I like those colors from the 50's.

I have a soft spot for the 50's and 60's styling.

thanks for looking and commenting.

ford 1953 white top 10.jpg

ford 1953 white top 11.jpg

ford 1953 white top 12.jpg

ford 1953 white top 13.jpg

ford 1953 white top 07.jpg

ford 1953 white top 08.jpg

ford 1953 white top 09.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful looking showroom style build. The paint looks great, and the color looks much as I recall. This was a time when the companies started offering some bright colors on the new cars and this was a popular combination at the time.  

13 hours ago, ea0863 said:

What is the outside color? It looks perfect for that era as though it were a stock paint choice in 1953.

The official name was vermilion. I mixed red , orange and white. Not exact but close enough to what I remembered.

5 hours ago, Kolu said:

Thats a good looking car. The colours sit really well.I like this a lot, I think its been posted before ?

That's the first time I post this one, the one you may be referring to is this one.

ford 53 black top 02.jpg

• Thanks 1