Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deuce Coupe - Early Sixties Style

Phildaupho

2v2aNtHSdximYT.jpg

This Deuce Coupe was built in the early 1960’s style with a Chevy theme when Candy Apple Red with lots of chrome and white was a popular combination for hot rods that spent more time at car shows then cruising. Other sixties indicators are the narrow white walls, drag slicks, hubcaps and the higher stance. The Chevy theme includes the 348 tri-power W-engine from the AMT ’59 El Camino which also supplied the hubcaps. The ’58 Biscayne taillights are from the Ala Kart as is the coil suspension, axles, exhaust system and steering wheel. Evergreen V-groove styrene was used underneath and on the running boards to simulate upholstery for a car show display look and to go with the Replicas & Miniatures tuck and roll interior. Additionally, the door handle holes and cowl vent were filled and the door hinges were removed. Inspired by the Mazmanian Willys, the rear and side window are tinted red. The paint is House of Kolor.

2v2aNtHVyximYT.jpg2v2aNtHh5ximYT.jpg2v2aNtHW8ximYT.jpg2v2aNtHgjximYT.jpg2v2aNtH48ximYT.jpg2v2aNtHTzximYT.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrm said:

Gorgeous color. I dig the quad pipes in the rear also. 

6 hours ago, Zippi said:

Good looking Coupe.  Really like the color.  Nice build.

5 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Nice deuce, The red windows adds to the mean looking little beast.

Thanks guys. 

Beautiful looking Deuce Coupe and era perfect. The white firewall and under fenders used to be called "Sanitary". The interior looks great, to bad it's hard to see with the chopped top. The engine looks very cleanly detailed.   

Great parts choices and styling! It captures the era beautifully--especially the coil springs. Nobody does that anymore! I love the paint color and details like the white underside, quad pipes, nerf bars, tinted windows, gold interior trim, etc. Definitely has that late-50s show-n-go flavor. Nicely done!

On 7/2/2022 at 3:05 AM, PappyD340 said:

Very nice hot rod!

On 7/2/2022 at 4:05 AM, unclescott58 said:

Good looking deuce. 

21 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking Deuce Coupe and era perfect. The white firewall and under fenders used to be called "Sanitary". The interior looks great, to bad it's hard to see with the chopped top. The engine looks very cleanly detailed.   

16 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Absolutely wonderful tribute to the early 60's Hot Rod. 

13 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Phil!

Well, you nailed it, bravo! Reminds me of the 1/1 that were inside Hot Rod Magazine when I was a teen, and it sold for 50 cents....

Period-perfect!

CT

13 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Great looking Deuce, and perfect level of detail. Thank you for posting!

11 hours ago, carrucha said:

Cool hotrod.  I really dig the interior.

10 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Great parts choices and styling! It captures the era beautifully--especially the coil springs. Nobody does that anymore! I love the paint color and details like the white underside, quad pipes, nerf bars, tinted windows, gold interior trim, etc. Definitely has that late-50s show-n-go flavor. Nicely done!

2 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Very nice old school rod! Colour looks great!

2 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

Thanks everyone for your comments. Two weeks from today is Northwest Deuce Days - which in past editions has been the largest gathering of 32 Fords anywhere. Me and my buddies will be putting on a model car show at the same time so it is going to be a fabulous day.

2 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Thanks everyone for your comments. Two weeks from today is Northwest Deuce Days - which in past editions has been the largest gathering of 32 Fords anywhere. Me and my buddies will be putting on a model car show at the same time so it is going to be a fabulous day.

Would be nice to see any pictures you care to share of the model show. The 1:1 cars as well. 

• 1 month later...