Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dream Time: What cars would you like to see modeled?

Dreamtime from the 50's sportscar scene:

First off, a full detail kit of the Scarab Mk. 1, the chassis and motor on this one were created by a greatest hits of West Coast sports car and hot rod legends, and of course the body is drop dead gorgeous:

3.jpg

the-scarab-is-the-most-beautiful-race-ca

Then a basic tool for any sportscar special, the Devin SS fiberglass body. I would settle for an aftermarket 1/24th body, but a factory chassis would nice...

58-devin-special-dv-18-gc-02-800.jpg

8.jpg

I understand this has been produced at various times, but an affordable full detail styrene 1/24 version would be a dream of mine, the Costin Maserati 450S coupe. I'd take either the competition version, or the street rdo, although the purposeful look of the racing car is probably my fave (bow about a 2 in 1?).

Maserati-450S-Costin-Zagato-Coupe-3747.j

Maserati450S.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

Oh yes, I've lusted after the Costin-Maserati even since I first saw it in the pages of Automobile Quarterly.  A few more Maseratis of any sort would be welcome.

I also agree that the seventh generation ('71-'78) Cadillac Eldorado has been sadly neglected in kit form.   I think the sixth Gen Eldorado is still th best looking postwar Cadillac,  but the 7th is the embodiment of peak Land Yacht in the same way the '59 Cadillac was the ultimate expression of '50s style.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Please someone,How about a Jeep Cherokee that you can lift?And have it come with all kinds of accessories.

IMG_7048.JPG

absolutely would buy many of these doesn't even matter what year as long as its XJ and not Grand, I've owned several and they were fun

hard to believe its never been done 18 years in production over 3 million sold , they were/are insanely popular been used in all types of light commercial applications, dependable family suvs and fun off roaders

0201161801.jpg

1 hour ago, 440 Dakota said:

absolutely would buy many of these doesn't even matter what year as long as its XJ and not Grand, I've owned several and they were fun

hard to believe its never been done 18 years in production over 3 million sold , they were/are insanely popular been used in all types of light commercial applications, dependable family suvs and fun off roaders

0201161801.jpg

Cherokees are by far my favorite Jeeps of all time.Again I have a silver four dirt 2000.It had a 6,1/2 inch lift,running on 35s.Very clean paint still,I guess I lucked out on the paint and clear finish when the truck was built.Its got no rust..So many of the old ones,pre 95 sometimes have garbage paint,and bad rocker panel,and floor board rust..Everything on mine is heavy duty. (Steering,suspension,etc).What a great truck.It does ride a bit rough,but thats a Jeep for ya.Now,someone,please make one.And your right,just the XJ Cherokee,not the Grand Cherokee.I'd buy them by the boxes.By that way,nice black and white rigs.I have a 1/10th Cherokee model/RC car.I just got to build it.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:49 PM, HomerS said:

I know Jimmy Flintstone makes one of the Revell Cadillac CTS but I want the Pontiac version.

left-hand-utes.jpg

Depending on how much work you want to put in, there is this option as a 3D printed body from the vendor Custom Vinyls on Shapeways.

CustomVinyls Holden VE Ute.JPG

Mercedes-230SL-Pagoda_3_-gallery.jpg

I've been waiting for a regular scale, full glue kit of this for a loooong time! I have a decent 1/24 scale diecast which could be made super nice, but it has no up-top or soft top.

As far as pics, unless they're on your hard disc, I don't know of another way to put them up. I copied the URL of this particular car from the link you gave, posted it here and it showed up. ;)

The first generation Bronco was on my dream list for a long time.  I was very pleased when Revell made one.

I would love to see a Studebaker pickup, 1949,  

a stock 1972 Torino,  ( I know there is that race car kit, but it seems small, anyone build that?)

and a nice 1970 GTO Judge.   

• 1 month later...

My list is olde school: some Studebakers; '62 GT Hawk, '59 Lark ragtop/hardtop, '56 Conestoga 2-dr wagon, and early 'fifties and Champ pickups!s  I built my Aurora Avanti with 'Stude' Chevy Big Block and resin Hali's -- pretty cool, but I need some decals for it!  My other dream car was done when Mobius did the '61 Pontiac Catalina/Ventura kit.

Wick Humble, Class of '63 (but I didn't have a bone-spur, and got my DD214!)

On 1/29/2019 at 4:14 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

Yeah, don't waste time asking for a '68 Chevelle, they'll never do it.

I brought this up elsewhere, but if Italeri ever wants to do another vintage Alfa Romeo,  how about this one?

1938-alfa-romeo-8c-2900b-mm.jpg

Wow they actually came out with the 68 Chevelle...