Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

17 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Hi Steve,

Will you be using the stock wheels on this one? If so I've been casting the hubcaps; let me know if you need a set.

I absolutely do!!!

I've been looking for a set of stock caps for this one for quite a while!

One set came up on ebay about a month ago, but if I recall correctly, they sold for quite a tidy sum.

I really wasn't planning on spending $20.00 or more on a set, so I've been just keeping my eyes open.

So far, no luck.

Steve

4 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I absolutely do!!!

I've been looking for a set of stock caps for this one for quite a while!

One set came up on ebay about a month ago, but if I recall correctly, they sold for quite a tidy sum.

I really wasn't planning on spending $20.00 or more on a set, so I've been just keeping my eyes open.

So far, no luck.

Steve

You got 'em - PM me your address. Been hoping to return the favor for the '62 Grand Prix grilles I got from you! :)

12 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

We had a green one growing up. Somewhere around here I made a thread about that car, and the kit version my dad built back in the 70s. So I'm doing my own build of our old car. :)

Dan...One of my goals is to build a replica of every vehicle possible the family owned...its rewarding...I have a long way to go yet on them..LOL..

https://public.fotki.com/ModelCitizen/model_cars/1963-ford-pickup-kit/

For those of you that wanted to see the contents of a '63 Ford Pickup Kit.  An Aussie friend of mine went on a buying spree back when their dollar was doing well.  He'd have the kits shipped to me and I'd take photos and send them to him for verification.  Every 6 kits, I'd fill one of those AMT 6 kit cases and ship it to him.

http://IMG_20180612_092047034.jpg

Got my 56 DeSoto in today! I am very happy. Yes the body needs a bit of cleanup but I wasn't aware that it came with two sets of grilles and bumpers, 5 sets of taillights and three sets of door handles! Customizing parts for other builds. Now to figure out an interior bucket that will work. 

Later-

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Got my 56 DeSoto in today! I am very happy. Yes the body needs a bit of cleanup but I wasn't aware that it came with two sets of grilles and bumpers, 5 sets of taillights and three sets of door handles! Customizing parts for other builds. Now to figure out an interior bucket that will work. 

Later-

It's going to look great. Your stuff is on it's way. 

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Later-

Well, if you can't find an interior for it, I happen to know a guy who has some '64 LeMans parts that I believe that you were looking for! ;)

Seriously, if you think you might like to make some sort of deal, PM me.

Steve

5 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Later-

Try "www.resinrealm.net".

They have a complete '55 Desoto convertible kit with a full interior.

I'll bet that if you contact them, you might be able to wrestle an interior from them.

The '55 & '56 appear to very close to one and other.

Steve

image.png.5a1df4e84e870931418d35a6986d4989.png

image.png.962c4da3595d306e6b529ab5ef310e08.png

image.thumb.png.cf6694df6ac2e9c1611617ba13e64beb.png

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

23 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Well, if you can't find an interior for it, I happen to know a guy who has some '64 LeMans parts that I believe that you were looking for! ;)

Seriously, if you think you might like to make some sort of deal, PM me.

Steve

Lol. Knew I could tempt you somehow to cough up those LeMans parts.  Seriously though, I will not be getting rid of the DeSoto. I've wanted this one for quite a while.

Thanks for the interior shots and the info on Resin Realm. I'll be contacting them soon to see what it would take to get an interior and dash.

Later-

2 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Lol. Knew I could tempt you somehow to cough up those LeMans parts.  Seriously though, I will not be getting rid of the DeSoto. I've wanted this one for quite a while.

Thanks for the interior shots and the info on Resin Realm. I'll be contacting them soon to see what it would take to get an interior and dash.

Later-

No problem Tom, I thought that it was worth a shot.

By the way, my intention was to swap the complete '64 Lemans kit for the Desoto. ;)

But, I guess that I'll just have to settle for the '55 Desoto if I decide that I want one bad enough.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

On 6/9/2018 at 3:31 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I might have a few stray parts left for the '58 Ford as well, but not sure what I have left.

I've already traded off a lot of what I had.

Yes Steve....I can vouch for the '58 Ford bumpers:D....I still owe you for them......have had ZERO luck finding any golden nuggets from your wants list

On 6/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, gtx6970 said:

tail lights (of course I find these AFTER Modelhaus closes

I can help you out with the taillights if you're ok with amateur resin casts

1 minute ago, Daddyfink said:

Some scores from this past weekends IMPS Show and Swap. Scored the Bulldozer from someone who won it in the raffle and didn't care for it. Offered $20 and he said ok! 

shZpe2.jpg

Jesse, you score some great kits always. I like almost everything you score...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...