Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 13/03/2019 at 11:13 PM, unclescott58 said:

Tonight was our local monthly model car club meeting. So I picked the reissue of the AMT 1/25 scale '69 Chevelle sport coupe.

IMG_3361.JPG

Have you opened this one yet Scott? I am wondering if Round2 fixed the taillights or if this is a straight reissue?Maybe added the tail light lenses that have been missing for many years.

32 minutes ago, Toner283 said:

Have you opened this one yet Scott? I am wondering if Round2 fixed the taillights or if this is a straight reissue?Maybe added the tail light lenses that have been missing for many years.

Good question. After seeing your question, I quickly opened up the box to check. It's maybe a yes? Maybe a no? I'm not sure? I'd have to dig up my '69 Chevelle convertible kit to compare it to. But, by my memory I don't think it's the same as the convertible kit. As you can see from the instructions, they are showing separate chrome taillight pieces. Doesn't the convertible have the taillights as part of the bumper? So did they fix? I'm not sure. 

IMG_3366.JPG

Edited by unclescott58

37 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Good question. After seeing your question, I quickly opened up the box to check. It's maybe a yes? Maybe a no? I'm not sure? I'd have to dig up my '69 Chevelle convertible kit to compare it to. But, by my memory I don't think it's the same as the convertible kit. As you can see from the instructions, they are showing separate chrome taillight pieces. Doesn't the convertible have the taillights as part of the bumper? So did they fix? I'm not sure. 

IMG_3366.JPG

Scott, check out this thread in the wanted section.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/136795-amt-125-69-chevelle-tail-lights-and-rear-bumper/

The silver car that Dr Kerry posted has the original issue taillights and transparent red lenses (or a resin copy thereof). These are what I am hoping that Round2 restored the tooling to. The picture of the taillights that SSnova posted that he is looking for are the blobbish taillights that have been in the kit for a very long time. The reason that they bug me so much is that I have a 69 Chevelle and I know how wrong the ones in the kit are.

I am in Canada so it will be a couple or three months before we see the kit up here unless I want to pay a premium on eBay for it. You were the first person who I saw that posted that they had one in their hand so I figured that I would ask.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, Toner283 said:

I am in Canada so it will be a couple or three months before we see the kit up here unless I want to pay a premium on eBay for it. You were the first person who I saw that posted that they had one in their hand so I figured that I would ask.

Elm City Hobbies, here in Fredericton has at least one in stock right now.

Today!   

I got to meet Mr. Steve Guthmiller. 

Through this forum...following threads, his input /suggestions, PM's & trades ......I have been amazed & humbled with this gentleman's skills & talent & All out great person!  I was also treated to seeing 3 of his very impressive builds, including his gorgeous 67 Galaxy! 

Today:  was a great day!   Thank you Steve!

- Kevin

3 hours ago, Khils said:

Today!   

Through this forum...following threads, his input /suggestions, PM's & trades ......I have been amazed & humbled with this gentleman's skills & talent & All out great person!  I was also treated to seeing 3 of his very impressive builds, including his gorgeous 67 Galaxy! 

- Kevin

Wow!

Thanks Kevin!

It was a great pleasure meeting you as well!

I can foresee a great relationship between us going forward!

I've already been thinking about some of the things we talked about.

The '59 Olds glass, the '69 Mopar color, and what was the name of that mid-sixties Ford blue that you were looking for?

Is this the Mopar color you were talking about?

Steve

2v29YESvCxwUbWP.jpg

4 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Wow!

Thanks Kevin!

It was a great pleasure meeting you as well!

I can foresee a great relationship between us going forward!

I've already been thinking about some of the things we talked about.

The '59 Olds glass, the '69 Mopar color, and what was the name of that mid-sixties Ford blue that you were looking for?

Is this the Mopar color you were talking about?

Steve

2v29YESvCxwUbWP.jpg

Stunning build..!!!

12 hours ago, Khils said:

Today!   

- Kevin

Lucky guy. Steve seems like a really great guy and it's always nice to meet other forum members. And there are so many nice people on this forum.

Edited by ewetwo

On 3/15/2019 at 5:23 PM, Toner283 said:

Straight reissue.  And the chrome tree in the recent convertible reissue is the same (except the convertible is missing some custom engine parts-blower, etc).   Both the coupe and convertible have the separate chromed taillights.

Was at the modelcar show/swapmeet in Burnaby yesterday,grabbed some great stuff:1/8 80'Trans Am missing the tires and decals for $50,a 69'c10 pickup for $20 appears complete and some resin figurines and some carbs from Fireball and some trucks:)IMG_0766.thumb.JPG.1d696daf79c5bda4417819fadf572c9c.JPGIMG_0760.thumb.JPG.fc1156af2b6dd185d6ae78883e0a65e3.JPGIMG_0768.thumb.JPG.7034743b1345d170f9674ad4cb72c41e.JPGIMG_E0757.thumb.JPG.10ff399d5d3a2aae4146d098f43718ce.JPGIMG_0769.thumb.JPG.0601fc287eecd1c9f9a79d1ce3ca93e7.JPG

6 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Lucky guy. Steve seems like a really great guy and it's always nice to meet other forum members. And there are so many nice people on this forum.

Steve and Khils are both great guys, I'd like to meet them both(GSL anyone?). I might just go this year(funds permitting).

19 minutes ago, kelson said:

Was at the modelcar show/swapmeet in Burnaby yesterday,grabbed some great stuff:1/8 80'Trans Am missing the tires and decals for $50,a 69'c10 pickup for $20 appears complete and some resin figurines and some carbs from Fireball and some trucks:)IMG_0766.thumb.JPG.1d696daf79c5bda4417819fadf572c9c.JPGIMG_0760.thumb.JPG.fc1156af2b6dd185d6ae78883e0a65e3.JPGIMG_0768.thumb.JPG.7034743b1345d170f9674ad4cb72c41e.JPGIMG_E0757.thumb.JPG.10ff399d5d3a2aae4146d098f43718ce.JPGIMG_0769.thumb.JPG.0601fc287eecd1c9f9a79d1ce3ca93e7.JPG

Wow you did buy the power loader ,good seeing you there !

Edited by Mr mopar

1 hour ago, RichCostello said:

Steve and Khils are both great guys, I'd like to meet them both(GSL anyone?). I might just go this year(funds permitting).

Where and when?

I plan on a trip somewhere, sometime this summer.

I might be able to trick the wife into thinking we're going to visit relatives! :P

Steve

22 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Where and when?

I plan on a trip somewhere, sometime this summer.

I might be able to trick the wife into thinking we're going to visit relatives! :P

Steve

I'm gonna try make it to my 1st GSL this year. I'm only a couple hours from Salt Lake City, and that's about as far as I'll get this summer.

8 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Straight reissue.  And the chrome tree in the recent convertible reissue is the same (except the convertible is missing some custom engine parts-blower, etc).   Both the coupe and convertible have the separate chromed taillights.

Thanks. I have the convertible so I know that they are not fixed in it. Was hoping with all of the other things that Round2 is fixing and backdating that they might fix the hardtops taillights too.

No worries though. I bought several resin bumper/taillight/lens sets the last time I went to the NNL east.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...