Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Local toy show today. Made a killer deal on some airplane kits; only 3 cars today--cheap glue bomb AMT '70 Challenger, new in box AMT Fruit Wagon T at a good price, and an unopened "Austin Powers issue" Revell '67 Vette roadster with figure for $15. The body in that kit is trash, but the chassis and other parts--and the figure!--are worth more than that! B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

"Austin Powers issue" Revell '67 Vette roadster with figure for $15. The body in that kit is trash, but the chassis and other parts--and the figure!--are worth more than that! B)

Is that the one that had the Felicity Shagwell figure? I seem to remember that Austin came with the E-Type...

best,

M.

3 hours ago, John Goschke said:

Received a nice '58 Ford hardtop body and had enough parts in the stash to assemble this...
2v2EfCmhixE7U1V.jpg

2v2EfCmCDxE7U1V.jpg

2v2EfCmL4xE7U1V.jpg

2v2EfCmgmxE7U1V.jpg

I can see the smoke coming out your ears, as the wheels in your head are spinning fast!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with this one.

I got a new sprue cutter I saw recommended by a model builder on YouTube. They're designed with a slightly narrower jaw to get closer to the parts on the tree. It looks better than my old Revell ProModeler sprue cutters. But not by much. The old Revell cutters still work well, but we'll see if these work any better? I've had such good luck with Tamiya products in the past, that I expect I'll be pleased with these. 

IMG_3342.JPG

890558_1%5B5%5D.jpg

I've begun my (sort of return - I built a few kits about 12 years ago without much success as a teen).  I bought this as my return kit.  I had no idea what to do last time I built a kit.  Now I have the power of YouTube and forums to help me.  I'm going to pick up essential supplies tomorrow or the next day.  I plan to give this a simple one color paint job (maybe a bit more) and add some custom decals (where/how to make them) with my company's logo, get a trailer, and a custom built load that we typically might haul.

Stopped by Hobby Lobby expressly looking for the AMT Firestone Ford F-150.  They had one on the shelf, however right next to it was a '32 Ford Sedan Delivery and since coupons are limited, I picked up the Deuce Delivery.  Looking at the parts picture on the bottom of the box it can only be built as a hot rod, but I do have two Vicky's and a Phaeton that could possibly provide the stock parts.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:24 AM, TarheelRick said:

Stopped by Hobby Lobby expressly looking for the AMT Firestone Ford F-150.  They had one on the shelf, however right next to it was a '32 Ford Sedan Delivery and since coupons are limited, I picked up the Deuce Delivery.  Looking at the parts picture on the bottom of the box it can only be built as a hot rod, but I do have two Vicky's and a Phaeton that could possibly provide the stock parts.

The '32 Sedan Delivery sounds interesting. I've never seen this kit before and the box art that I have seen the body doesn't look right to me. Could you post some pictures of the contents and give your opinion as to the body shape ? 

6 hours ago, espo said:

The '32 Sedan Delivery sounds interesting. I've never seen this kit before and the box art that I have seen the body doesn't look right to me. Could you post some pictures of the contents and give your opinion as to the body shape ? 

May be a while before I open it.  But then, I just may decide to check it out.

Added a couple Camaros/Firebirds to the stash for the near future.

IMG_20190307_205021482.jpg.73724d6fe095ca790d404ff938c03bc0.jpg

also a duesenburg, '08 Bullit and a built up 72 Chevelle that will be headed to the "shop" to become a "71" at some point

IMG_20190307_205105550.jpg.ac3a4e09be122f2ad6353233f356761b.jpg

Pretty good birthday... although they were all gifts from myself lol.

1 minute ago, KWT said:

Added a couple Camaros/Firebirds to the stash for the near future.

IMG_20190307_205021482.jpg.73724d6fe095ca790d404ff938c03bc0.jpg

also a duesenburg, '08 Bullit and a built up 72 Chevelle that will be headed to the "shop" to become a "71" at some point

IMG_20190307_205105550.jpg.ac3a4e09be122f2ad6353233f356761b.jpg

Pretty good birthday... although they were all gifts from myself lol.

Nice. Happy birthday.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...