Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

18 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

You know I like replica stock, or at best, a mild street machine.

So do I. As I said, these are extra bodies--I've got decent, intact '65 and '66 Vette roadster bodies that will be restored to factory stock. I just thought it would be fun to do stock, race, AND custom versions of the '66 using all the cool optional kit parts. In fact, I think I have a second good '66 body, which will be built using the kit's slicks as a drag car for a fourth variation. 

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

So do I. As I said, these are extra bodies--I've got decent, intact '65 and '66 Vette roadster bodies that will be restored to factory stock. I just thought it would be fun to do stock, race, AND custom versions of the '66 using all the cool optional kit parts. In fact, I think I have a second good '66 body, which will be built using the kit's slicks as a drag car for a fourth variation. 

You are lucky to have them to Snake Fu. I look forward to seeing them.

7 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

It works great for a lot of things.

There is no better solution for doing mock-ups, and it is also very handy for casting small parts, especially lenses.

Steve

Steve, does it make good cleat lenses?

Edited by slusher

11 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

I got this off eBay for a good price. It's got the Fonzie figure. I was the only bidder. It's a good companion the Sweathogs dream machine I won earlier. Don't know why these go so cheap, but I am glad they do.

IMG_1373-vi.jpg

Never seen the figure, would you mind posting ?

Edited by slusher

15 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Got this today. I was told it's great for gluing windshields and small parts to the car bodies. 

s-l640.jpg

Just one word of warning. The bond is not as durable or permanent as advertised on the packaging. It works pretty good on somethings. I tend not to use as much as I did when I first got it. 

Edited by unclescott58

15 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

I got this off eBay for a good price. It's got the Fonzie figure. I was the only bidder. It's a good companion the Sweathogs dream machine I won earlier. Don't know why these go so cheap, but I am glad they do.

IMG_1373-vi.jpg

I always wondered, other than decals, can the "Fonz Dream Ride" be built as a "stock" Monkeymobile? Mainly did they give you a complete top? Not just that strange cut away top shown on the box art? 

13 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Got this today. I was told it's great for gluing windshields and small parts to the car bodies. 

s-l640.jpg

AS others have said, not a great GLUE but casts small parts in minutes. It's been talked about here under the Brands Bondic and Lazer_rBond and here's a few links ..

6 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Just one word of warning. The bond is not as durable or permanent as advertised on the packaging. It works pretty good on somethings. I tend not to use as much as I did when I first got it. 

I will agree with that.

It works fine for glass, and helps immensely for tacking parts into place, but if you need a stronger bond, use something else.

I use it a lot in combination with other adhesives.

It's lack of bond and instant set is what makes it such a great mock up glue.

Steve

5 hours ago, Foxer said:

AS others have said, not a great GLUE but casts small parts in minutes. It's been talked about here under the Brands Bondic and Lazer_rBond and here's a few links ..

Thank you for the links Mike. Now if I could find one 1962 Lincoln tail light. I could make a duplicate. I thought is was something new. Didn't realize it had been around this long. 

Just the new 1969 Revell Boss 302 Mustang.  I haven't bought diddly squat in a long time but I pulled the trigger on this one.  I was going to turn it into a Trans Am racer (Dan Gurney with Fred Cady decals) but I really like what they did so its going to be stock.  Maybe another kit is in the shopping list.

Edited by The Junkman

Went to the DuPage show and got a piece of my childhood back - picked up a green '67 Chrysler 300 convertible promo for only $30, just like the one I had over 50 years ago. Top of the windshield frame is broken off but the pieces are there and the glass is OK. Also got an AMT '53 Ford pickup kit for ten bucks, a '56 Ford chrome tree for free, a couple front tires that may fit the '65 Nova and a couple vintage NOS cans of Pactra Scale Black spray paint - hope they work; it was my go-to paint for chassis and plastic tires once upon a time.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Went to the DuPage show and got a piece of my childhood back - picked up a green '68 Chrysler 300 convertible promo for only $30, just like the one I had over 50 years ago. Top of the windshield frame is broken off but the pieces are there and the glass is OK. Also got an AMT '53 Ford pickup kit for ten bucks, a '56 Ford chrome tree for free, a couple front tires that may fit the '65 Nova and a couple vintage NOS cans of Pactra Scale Black spray paint - hope they work; it was my go-to paint for chassis and plastic tires once upon a time.

Chris....Its always good when you can get a hold of one from ones childhood days again or something that has a special meaning to you...that seems to be the hardest thing to do...cool find on the Chrysler.

1 hour ago, disabled modeler said:

Chris....Its always good when you can get a hold of one from ones childhood days again or something that has a special meaning to you...that seems to be the hardest thing to do...cool find on the Chrysler.

That's awesome Chris. I just picked up a 64 1/2 Mustang that I started building 25 years ago and lost in a move. I wish I could find the Mako Trike from when I was a kid.

Can't believe it but this just arrived. I saw an email saying it was just delivered. Can't believe the mailman got out of his truck to put it between the doors in this storm. He should have waited until tomorrow. In fact. I can't believe he's delivering mail today. 

I bit the bullet and bought it online. I've been calling the local hobby shops and they keep saying they can't order it. Takes me back to when I built one as a kid.

59chrysler.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...