Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Nice one Bill!

You should be in pretty good shape now.

Seems like the Ford, Buick & Pontiac are the toughest AMT annuals to find.

I have seen quite a few Edsels & Impalas.

By the way, I ordered a set of stock '58 Buick skirts from Modelhaus back when I built mine & never used them.

Let me know if it's something you might use.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks but this one actually had the skirts on it and I took them off..... Just not a fan of a car with fender skirts .

Was looking around today to get ideas of color combinations .and I was actually thinking of putting wire wheels on it

Got a package of the AMT whitewalls so now I have a correct set of wide whites for the '53 Studebaker, since Round2 won't put correct tires in this issue (why not? The '53 Vette has them. <_<)

Also got an NOS Jo-Han USA Oldies issue '62 Plymouth interior. Remember my posting about finding that the '62 Dodge reissue used the '64 Dodge promo interior? Took a look at it and sure enough, it's the same for the Plymouth: '64 promo part, slightly modified but fixable - and now I can finish a correct '64 Fury (as opposed to a Fury with a Sport Fury interior like the kit).

Had a great afternoon at the Detroit Area Auto Modellers show and picked up an MPC '73 Dodge Pickup that I've been looking for to replicate the truck that I got from my Grandpa when I started driving. Also picked up some 1/24 tools from SMBC - What a nice guy and great products!

Had a great afternoon at the Detroit Area Auto Modellers show and picked up an MPC '73 Dodge Pickup that I've been looking for to replicate the truck that I got from my Grandpa when I started driving. Also picked up some 1/24 tools from SMBC - What a nice guy and great products!

Same here, it was a great show. I bought a Starsky and Hutch Torino and a '66 Wildcat.

Loved looking at all the beautiful original promos that were on many tables....too rich for my pocketbook!

Edited by Crusader101

I too had a wonderful time in Detroit yesterday....

Bought the new MPC Dodge Van, a builder 1966 Comet Cyclone, a Dyno Don Nicholson wall plaque, and the 1967 Comet Sedan in Resin from Kevin at Missing Link....

I brought three friends from Ridgetown Ontario with me and a good time was had by all...

The guys who put this show on get a big "THUMBS UP" from us Canadians....

Bill...

Two jars of "Mr.Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black", all the way from Japan. Can't wait to try this stuff out and see if it's as good as promised.

Yes, its as good as promised ,  I love Mr Hobby ,  great stuff, worth the money,  ive been using their black primer for a few years now, although, I use it from the spary can.

Same here, it was a great show. I bought a Starsky and Hutch Torino and a '66 Wildcat.

Loved looking at all the beautiful original promos that were on many tables....too rich for my pocketbook!

Those old Dodge pickup kits were sweet..!  I also like the promos.  Nice finds Carl,Brad,John.

This arrived yesterday. An ebay purchase. I have 2 of these kits in my unbuilt Cobra collection but this one was quite cheap because seller did not know if it was complete. It was and all part trees were still in the sealed bags. I never built one of these kits so this one will be built.

I bought these while visiting in California.

Those Moebius Ford Pickups will be built Factory Stock, '65 Satellite will be a modern day Stock Eliminator Drag Car (Just like the early '60s Mopars I saw racing Stock Eliminator at NHRA Finals), '29 Ford will be a Channeled Traditional Hot Rod with that Buick Nailhead and Sizzler/Slingster Dragster and that Midget will be built with box parts, but of course some extra detailing needs to be done on both.

Man that camper looks like a great find Brad! Lots of opportunity for detail with that one!!

Kevin: Lookin' forward to seeing the outcomes of those kits.

I picked this up this morning off of Ebay for $75.00 to include shipping. These kits were rare in the fact that they were only made for one year in 1978 so they go for $150+ nowadays. I had one as a kid and always wanted a second shot at one. Looks like I've got one now.,,,,, Chewy_zpsdjygjnjt.gif

A different set of wheels and tires, some cool 1/25 scale accessories and some Alclad here and there.......

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...