Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Hey Jonathan, what brand? Did you get one with an air tank? I like your paint jobs, so was curious as to what you valued in a compressor.

Believe it or not, ive been using the airbrush compressors from Harbor Freight, I didnt not get one with a tank, having a tank is something I do want, and I will get one sometime in the future. 

A couple packages came in the mail for me today.  Both of them I bought because of articles that I saw in back issues of Model Cars Magazine.  The truck was an obvious purchase, but I still have no idea what I am going to do with the lot of Hubley 1932 Chevy Phaetons.  There are actually 4 of them, not sure if they are complete or not.

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

Stopped by my LHS & picked up the MPC '75 Vette, mainly for the bare rally wheels.  Toughest choice I've had to make in a while: also had the Revell '30 Model A coupe, stock '48 Ford coupe, MPC Pinto wagon, and GMC "Deserter", which are all on my "to buy" list.

IMG_2126.thumb.jpg.810289df37f8e8050a008One of the vendors that comes into my job called me Friday and said that he was at the Early Ford swap meet and show and came across a box of about 20-25 old built ups for $30 and asked if i was interested. He sent me a photo. I agreed to it. Now I can't wait to find out what all I got.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

IMG_2126.thumb.jpg.810289df37f8e8050a008One of the vendors that comes into my job called me Friday and said that he was at the Early Ford swap meet and show and came across a box of about 20-25 old built ups for $30 and asked if i was interested. He sent me a photo. I agreed to it. Now I can't wait to find out what all I got.

Later-

That is a nice find for 30 bucks. looks like a Falcon on top and one of the little trailers up side down. That covers the 30 already. :)

Also I see some 1/8th scale cycle fronts so you can build a big scale uncertain T. 

That is a nice find for 30 bucks. looks like a Falcon on top and one of the little trailers up side down. That covers the 30 already. :)

Also I see some 1/8th scale cycle fronts so you can build a big scale uncertain Tos 

I saw those wheels straight away. Those will be going to a buddy of mine who builds 1/8 stuff. I'm sure some of the rest will be going into the trade section, so keep your eyes open. I'll post some photos of what I got soon.

Later-

IMG_2126.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

Just picked up the box. Upon quick inspection there is a pretty complete 66 Falcon Futura, a 64 Pontiac Ventura, a 60 El Camino, a 64 El Camino with a small boat.....and he GAVE it all to me.....for FREE!!

Later- 

Edited by Modlbldr

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...