Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got this little 1/32 Ford on ebay. Need to make the tires wide white walls. Does anyone sell them or if I need to paint them what brush paint should I use ?

Water-based (acrylic) only.  Enamel-based paint will never dry and will create a huge mess.  I have the GUNZE 1/32 59 Cadillac, and just checked to see it has whitewalls of any kind. Nope, blackwalls only. Which would look really strange on a 59 Caddy.

You might also check the box contents for truth-in-advertising. The box top/sides of my GUNZE Caddy show a yellow 59 Seville hardtop. But what's actually in the box is an Eldorado convertible.  It does come with an up-top and a boot. But no hardtop.  Oh well - according to the price sticker it was only $6.95. So I can't complain too much.

I went to a new flea market today and found the following kits cheap:

Revell '56 Chevy Nomad (missing instructions)

Revell '59 Chevy Impala hardtop

AMT '61 Ford Galaxie "Styline" re-issue

AMT '63 Ford Galaxie "Advanced Customizing" re-issue

AMT '66 Buick Riviera Lowrider - missing instructions, Wal-Mart checkerboard box. Looks like this one can't be built stock, so it may end up as a junker and parts source.  It does have a nice 425 engine. And a bicycle!

Edited by Mike999
error

I'm calling this a model, there was assembly required, along with body work, and paint.

This is an old friend from 20 some years ago, I traded it to a friend who gave it back to me today.  Yes he just GAVE it to me!  Mike, you're the BEST!

It's a Prather  46" Deep Vee Epoxyglass hull with an OPS 90 engine. it's got some scratches and a chip in the paint, but I love having this back. I never got to start this as I couldn't find a starter with enough torque to turn it over, my friend never ran it either. It's actually Hellrazor 2 as the original Hellrazor was a 36" Dumas Tunnel Hull with a K&B 45 outboard.

PA150954%20Medium_zpsh3fkuisy.jpg

PA150955%20Medium_zpst1bxymf4.jpg

PA150956%20Medium_zpss6njluwc.jpg

It's a good sized engine.

PA150960%20Medium_zpsn9hr90yn.jpg

I think it has a 16oz tank, and if you look on either side if the rails are hooks where 2 more tanks can be mounted with rubber bands.

PA150957%20Medium_zpsfwumgxc0.jpg

I think it has an old Airtronics reveiver and I have no idea what servo's are in it. I also can't remember if the 3rd channel if for the fuel mixture, or the trim tabs. I'm sure I'll be replacing all of this before it ever gets run.

PA150958%20Medium_zps4vk42ycj.jpg

Without the pipe.

PA150959%20Medium_zpsxxlanwzf.jpg

If anyone knows much about RC boats or could point me in the direction of a good forum, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Psychographic

Picked up a few items at the Countryside swaps yesterday

the ford pickup [super stones] is the original, no box but complete

Dodge tractor with flat bed trailer, no box , no tires

the johan Fury, funny car only , built but once , taken apart and paint removed

everything else sealed or unbuilt

DSC07588DSC07589

Won this one off ebay over the weekend. Hopefully when it arrives its a nice as it looked in the listing pics.  Body unpainted, all emblems intact . Interior painted but actually looked decent as is . Probably just clean it up and put it in the case for later down the road

Original 1963 Mercury S55 convertible. I can find 64s but seems the 63 is a tad tougher to come up with. and This one completes my want list for the Mercury convertible builders . Now have them all 1959 to 63 .

I thought about keep going to get newer model years but I simply have to stop somewhere or I will run out of space sooner than later.

63F.jpg

63E.jpg

I scored this 59 El Camino from eBay for $24 and free shipping. It's an original issue kit from the 1960's, built, but never painted. It's all there - no missing parts. Not messed up with glue or junky customizing parts. The only real blemish is a huge tire burn on the bed cover - must have had a tire laying there for years! Not a problem, as I don't intend to use the bed cover. I plan to repaint it red and white, and use the custom grille from the Revell 59 Impala convertible, if it fits. Maybe lower it a little, and use some different wheels and tires - something like the third photo. Should be fun!.

Sam

IMG_5210.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG

2781906717_2c279b6245.jpg

I scored this 59 El Camino from eBay for $24 and free shipping. It's an original issue kit from the 1960's, built, but never painted. It's all there - no missing parts. Not messed up with glue or junky customizing parts. The only real blemish is a huge tire burn on the bed cover - must have had a tire laying there for years! Not a problem, as I don't intend to use the bed cover. I plan to repaint it red and white, and use the custom grille from the Revell 59 Impala convertible, if it fits. Maybe lower it a little, and use some different wheels and tires - something like the third photo. Should be fun!.

Sam

I hate to be a downer Sam, but for a few dollars more you could have gotten a brand new sealed kit with a new bed cover & the custom grille.

The recent release of this kit is the exact same one as the one from the '60s.

Steve

Won this one off ebay over the weekend. Hopefully when it arrives its a nice as it looked in the listing pics.  Body unpainted, all emblems intact . Interior painted but actually looked decent as is . Probably just clean it up and put it in the case for later down the road

Original 1963 Mercury S55 convertible. I can find 64s but seems the 63 is a tad tougher to come up with. and This one completes my want list for the Mercury convertible builders . Now have them all 1959 to 63 .

I thought about keep going to get newer model years but I simply have to stop somewhere or I will run out of space sooner than later.

That's one that I still have on my "to find" list also Bill.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking for the convertible as well, but of course, mine will need the up top! ;)

Steve

I hate to be a downer Sam, but for a few dollars more you could have gotten a brand new sealed kit with a new bed cover & the custom grille.

Steve

I had the same thought, but then again, sometimes it's just more fun to work on an old original. Not long ago I bought an original annual AMT '63 Corvette coupe off eBay for about what a brand new one would have cost me at Hobby Lobby with the coupon. Of course I'd have been better off starting with a "new" one, but hey, now I can restore a real 53-year old one! B)

Steve

Every other El Camino I could find was in the $50 range, so I took this one.

That's one that I still have on my "to find" list also Bill.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking for the convertible as well, but of course, mine will need the up top! ;)

Steve

i bought this one off ebay.

I was the only bidder. Got it for the opening bid of 29.95 . i know the 63 is a little harder to find compared to the 64 version. So i was a little suprised it went so cheap for as complete it is.

I like the 60 - 61 models much  better and they  will get done long before this one .But at least i have it

Scanning eBay for something totally unrelated to this kit - and up popped a 1/24 TAMIYA Mitsubishi Pajero SUV.  That kit has full engine detail, and dashboards for both left and right-hand drive.  I've wanted one for a while, but they often go for high prices. Plus high shipping, since most of them seem to live in Asian countries.

This one was in the USA and still sealed in the original shrink-wrap. Buy It Now of $19.99 plus $9.99 shipping, not a bad shipping price since it will be crossing the whole continent, from West Coast to East. So just under $30 all in.  I went for it.

Scanning eBay for something totally unrelated to this kit - and up popped a 1/24 TAMIYA Mitsubishi Pajero SUV.  That kit has full engine detail, and dashboards for both left and right-hand drive.  I've wanted one for a while, but they often go for high prices. Plus high shipping, since most of them seem to live in Asian countries.

This one was in the USA and still sealed in the original shrink-wrap. Buy It Now of $19.99 plus $9.99 shipping, not a bad shipping price since it will be crossing the whole continent, from West Coast to East. So just under $30 all in.  I went for it.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? Congratulations. B)

I had the same thought, but then again, sometimes it's just more fun to work on an old original. Not long ago I bought an original annual AMT '63 Corvette coupe off eBay for about what a brand new one would have cost me at Hobby Lobby with the coupon. Of course I'd have been better off starting with a "new" one, but hey, now I can restore a real 53-year old one! B)

That's fine I guess.

Just thought that it's not a rare kit by any stretch, so starting with something fresh would be much easier.

Steve

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...