Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

its not in hand yet.

But woke up this morning to find out I won this one.

Threw a casual bit at it late yesterday just for giggles, sure enough I won the thing.

Its one of those Ive been casually looking for without spending a small fortune to own.

I'll probably be reselling the box and custom parts as I have no real interest in those

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

its not in hand yet.

Threw a casual bit at it late yesterday just for giggles, sure enough I won the thing.

Its one of those Ive been casually looking for without spending a small fortune to own.

I'll probably be reselling the box and custom parts as I have no real interest in those

s-l1600.jpg

Very nice Bill!!

I won't ask what you paid for it, but my guess is that it was still not what would be considered cheap. ;)

Looks like it is in very nice shape!

Great to see that it included the up top!

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

2 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

its not in hand yet.

s-l1600.jpg

Nice score ! Can't have enough C-Bodies in the stash.

Now you need to get a set of '68 Plymouth wheelcovers from Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/BTYM7S823/1-25-1969-plymouth-satellite-wheels?optionId=65839534

3 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

its not in hand yet.

s-l1600.jpg

HAHAHA....so you're the guy that beat my bid??

3 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

its not in hand yet.

s-l1600.jpg

Awesome score Bill ,Hope the paint can be striped ?

1 hour ago, Mr mopar said:

5 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

its not in hand yet.

A nice surprise for sure.

4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Looks like an easy one to strip.

I don't see any primer inside of the body, or anywhere for that matter, which leads me to believe that it's enamel.

An over night soak in Super Clean should have it looking like brand new plastic in a heart beat.

Steve

7 minutes ago, Madd Trucker said:

all   3  of the  AMY    garage  kits  3 of the  Model King/ Moebius service trucks and  the  Moebois  66  F100 and  the 70  F 100  

What does an AMY garage kit look like?

From the dregs of the Hobby Lobby clearance sale at the nearest store:  a '57 Chrysler, Owens Outboard Cruiser and 1/16 Honda CB-77. I figured this might be my last crack at that sale. The '57 Chevy "Pepper Shaker," discounted the last time I visited, was back up to full price.

I know the Owens boat is a tricky build, but at $6.99 I mostly wanted it for the engines anyway. Diorama material.  But now I'm wondering what a weathered, beat-up cabin cruiser would look like. Add some bullet holes and you'd have a 1980's Miami cruiser. Hmmm....

Another good day at the Wednesday Flea Market. The '71 Charger and '41 Lincoln have some minor assembly, but I mostly wanted them for parts anyway.

The '32 Phaeton has a Ziploc bag full of extra parts inside, including a whole chassis from the old, first-generation AMT '32 Ford kits. Since I like weird cars, I've wanted a Corvette America for a long time but didn't want to pay eBay prices.

7-10-19.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...