Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got two today too. One, AMT's '33 Willys Panel Truck. Very cool. Two, Revell's 1967 Chevy Camaro. Not as bad as others claim. There was some talk about the Camaro at tonight's MCCM meeting. Everybody there who has looked at it, like it. The only problem we can see is with the grille. And most didn't seem to notice it until it was pointed out. But, I and others would like to see an RS/SS version in the future. Make mine a convertible.

Scott

Just bought this to finally Replace the Bolink Legends Car that was stolen out of my Jeep with a Nitro Stampede I was building back in '05. Some of the reason it took so long was that it happened after Bolink went belly up but before RJ Speed started putting the old Bolink stuff back out.

20140917_170932_zpsmucehbsb.jpg

Edited by Joe Handley

This is my latest acquisition off of ebay. A Johan '65 Chrysler 300. Never been painted, very lightly glued. Only missing stock wheels, radiator & firewall. Radiator & firewall shouldn't be to hard to replace. Stock wheels may be a little tougher. Paid $77.00 for it. A pretty good deal if you know what these usually go for. That is, if you can find one! Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

There you go again Steve, you and those darn 300s. I just don't get it? :) All kidding a side, another nice find. And how about Holthaus, a.k.a. Modelhaus, I'd check with them. They may repop the wheels.

Scott

They do have the promo wheels scott, heck, they even have the '60-'68 dog dish caps. Although, I'm sure dog dishes would have been pretty rare on a 300. Then again, it might be interesting to research that a little. :) I need to research a little anyway, some of the 300 caps carried over from one year to the next, half way through the year until the new ones were out. So there may be a possibility that the late '65- early '66 caps may have been the same. I have a set of '66 wheels I could use. Steve

Made it to the estate sale after all, but of course most of the models were gone. Got the dregs - an unbuilt AMT '63 Impala (up for trade), a junker '41 Continental (missing hood, top, spare tire, rear bumper and one whitewall insert) and about half of an unbuilt '59 Caddy convertible (body, chrome, interior, engine and top).

15293061972_429c845db2_c.jpg

The Caddy finally answered my question as to whether it will kitbash with the Jo-Han '60 Fleetwood - yes and no. Width and height are identical, but the '59's wheelbase is about 1/4" longer :huh: .

15293061542_513f40bcbd_c.jpg

15293062242_7ca34ea71d_c.jpg

Wheelbase on the Jo-Han chassis is 5" or 125" full scale; the real car is 130". I think it'll be easier to shorten the Monogram chassis than it would be to lengthen the '60 body (although some of you guys could pull it off perfectly, I'm sure...).

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Could you please tell us more about that transporter?

My understanding this is an old tooling from the 80's, I believe it was motorized, Fujimi went back and removed all the motorized parts, and made a normal kit, again, that is my understanding, I could be wrong, James(Nightowl) knows more about the kit. Here are pics of the entire kit, the price, depending on where you buy from is about 7000 Yen and up

http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/irvan2836/library/Kit%20reviews/Mitsubishi%20Fuso%20Car%20Hauler

My understanding this is an old tooling from the 80's, I believe it was motorized, Fujimi went back and removed all the motorized parts, and made a normal kit, again, that is my understanding, I could be wrong, James(Nightowl) knows more about the kit. Here are pics of the entire kit, the price, depending on where you buy from is about 7000 Yen and up

http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/irvan2836/library/Kit%20reviews/Mitsubishi%20Fuso%20Car%20Hauler

80'S and old in the same sentence !!! LOL

I took my son to a LHS that's closing, they have a sale on everything in the store. My son picked up some gaming figures. I bought 2 kits and some decals.

20140920_190136.jpg

I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up the 70 Torino and 2 AMT parts packs of the new blue streak drag tires. I was surprised to see them and I bought the 2 sets they had, averaged out to the cost of one set normally. I didn't even use a coupon.

20140920_190232.jpg

I made the long trip back to New Jersey to attend a meeting of the Jersey Shore Model Car Club. Actually I was working in NJ on Friday so I had already snuck across the state border. The funny part is that we rarely go to the office on Friday, normally working from home. This Friday we had some things to do together so my boss and I went in. We finished our task by lunch and he said that we should go home and take the rest of the day off! What the heck, I had things to do in the office so I worked the rest of the day. So I went to the meeting from there and picked up some goodies....

IMG_1232-vi.jpg

The first two items I got are the AMT Parts Pack Model T Roadster Racing Body kit and the '25 T Fruit Wagon kit. These are awesome and a really cool reminder of how modeling was in the old days. The Fruit Wagon kit has enough parts to build TWO complete models. It is just a parts box of cool possibilities. You can build the Fruit Wagon, a roadster pickup, a C cab pickup, a turtle back roadster and a shortened pickup bed roadster. Then you can take that Roadster Racing Body kit and put it on one of these chassis as well. I will need a second one of these kits to build all the varieties I have in my head! I'm gonna build like a 12 year old!

IMG_1236-vi.jpg

On a sad note, the above stock 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon was built by Todd McWilliams, a friend who passed away last year. A local dealer bought his collection, and was true to his word to see that I got this wagon. Todd and I had talked a lot, in person and in emails, back and forth about the decisions he made on this model. This was the Poseys? diecast custom wagon that he stripped down and redid stock. He even made all the decal logos. Very simple and clean build that I am honored to have on my shelf in memory of a friend!

IMG_1233-vi.jpg

And the final new piece also came from Todd's collection.. A funny story. Todd had lived in various places around the country and was always active in clubs, so a lot of guys knew him. I met him through the old AOL model car chats, and then through message boards. We hit it off and often emailed. Then he told me he was moving to NJ. His wife was from the town adjacent to where I was living at the time. The year he moved, I came into a case of the '53 International van diecasts in NAPA colors. He laughed and said he had a case of the International Metro vans from NAPA. Neither of us had the other, so we made plans to get together for a swap. I mentioned that I was getting tires on my van at a local tire place, and he said he'd come there and keep me company. So that's where we finally met face to face. Adding to this as we sat there, Dave Cura from the Tri-State club walked in, getting tires on his Durango. So we had a bit of a model meeting right there! Great memory!

So I bought a second one of these from his collection.

My daughter and I stopped at the ModelCave about a week ago and bought a 69 Chevelle convertible, The Judge funny car and a couple AMT tire pacs. I bought the Judge for the chassis to do my Cutlass funny car. My daughter has her own model car collection. She just painted her 57 Chevy herself and did a great job considering it's the first time she ever painted anything.

Really wanted to get the Revell 1970 Torino GT the other day, but my LHS was sold out. Checked Hobby Lobby and the only one they had left had a pretty mangled box, so I didn't dare get it. They did have the new '67 Camaro, but not planning on getting that one unless they fix the grille.

Had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket, so ended up getting the AMT 63 Vette kit - ton of optional parts in that one.

Stopped by Michael's and also no 1970 Torinos. Did end up getting the Revell California Wheels 1957 Chevy. With a 50% off coupon, only shelled out $11!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...