Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

31 minutes ago, espo said:

Many of these old movies make you wonder if the script writers knew anything at all about the automobile in general and Hot Rods and engine modifications especially.  

Yeah, one time I was watching Nash Bridges and some one asked him about his Curious Yellow convertible... and he told them, “It’s a ‘70 Cuda” .....but we know he was supposed to say ‘71😏

9 hours ago, cobraman said:

This was on the road but the road was on the TV !   Cool old hot rod on the old Highway Patrol show.  Funny , the guys talk about being supercharged but when they show the engine it has dual carbs but no supercharger . 

D613F620-B90E-4EAB-8326-8EADCEA4C38C.jpeg

93C0E720-522B-422F-9E8A-488B211BFB62.jpeg

11FB9AC2-0133-43AB-A82B-66E13EC719C1.jpeg

i found that on youtube a few months ago and watched it.  stumbled across it by accident looking for old hot rod movies.  iv sense watched a few Highway Patrol episodes.  pretty good show.

anyway, if anyone wants to watch it, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbih-1ru9YM

On my way to the ice cream stand with my family, I passed an garden center and saw 2 trucks and a late modelFord Torino for sale. Hmmmm....gotta stop on the way home to check it out. And I did. Got out and found out it was a 70’ Ford Torino GT; dark maroon, original stripes on sides, shaker hood, louvers in back window,  A/C, Utah car and ... ready for this? An 8 track player. There’s even an 8 track cassette sitting on the front seat.😄 Asking price: $32,500

Stopped at Autobooks in Burbank today.  Parked outside, a Calypso Coral 70 Shelby GT500, a gold 66 Barracuda and a Saturn Astra 2-door.  Later saw a TR4 parked there.

At our club meeting Thursday one of our members showed up in his chopped black 34 "Mercury" Tudor sedan.

I took pictures with my phone but they don't fit here.

Edited by sfhess

Coming back from our vacation in Maine, driving on I95 south, we passed a GMC Motorhome like this one:

1977-GMC-Motorhome-1-e1580490427340.jpg

I didn't have a chance to take a photo (this is a photo I found online).  The one I saw was also green, but had a weathered whimsical paint job. It had a name like "Green cucumber" Or "Green pickle", or something like that.  Not often one see these unusual motorhomes on the road.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, peteski said:

Coming back from our vacation in Maine, driving on I95 south, we passed a GMC Motorhome like this one:

I didn't have a chance to take a photo (this is a photo I found online).  The one I saw was also green, but had a weathered whimsical paint job. It had a name like "Green cucumber" Or "Green pickle", or something like that.  Not often one see these unusual motorhomes on the road.

9 hours ago, peteski said:

I saw one when we lived in Colorado It was Oldsmolille front wheel drive